Star Wars Icons

All things related to Ace's news sections, opts, missions or files.

Moderator: Ace Antilles

Star Wars Icons

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Aug 08, 2001 9:33 pm

I've got quite a large collection of Star Wars Icons that I've made over the years.<P><I>Some of which can already be found on my site now! Image</I><P>They range from Ships to Characters.<BR>What I was wondering is how many people would actually download these if I put them on my site??<P>Again I don't want to waste my time if no one is bothered. Just looking for quick feedback on this. Image<P>------------------<BR>Constable Antilles patrolling the area.<BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of Yavin and Endor Updates.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:09 am

So that's no one then?<BR>I'm glad I asked! Image

Executor32
Galactic Empire

Post by Executor32 » Fri Aug 10, 2001 12:52 am

Wait, I'd like them!<P>------------------<BR>There is no peace, there is anger. <BR>There is no fear, there is power. <BR>There is no death, there is immortality. <BR>There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.<BR>-Dark Side Code<P><A HREF="http://executor32.homestead.com" TARGET=_blank>Executor32's X-Wing Alliance Depot</A>
他人の不幸は蜜の味。
Quamobrem? Quod tui tangis nocturne.

I've heard the aluminum in antiperspirants causes alzheimers,
but I keep forgeting to find out if that is a myth or not. -Havokeff @ SDN

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Fri Aug 10, 2001 1:15 pm

So would I!
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

DarkZero
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by DarkZero » Fri Aug 10, 2001 2:54 pm

I would be willing to look a them.
It is not the ship that makes the job but the pilot, thats why we train all the time.

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Fri Aug 10, 2001 4:11 pm

Hand 'em over Ace. Image<P>------------------<BR>I'll do virtually anything to ensure that the Alliance topples the Empire.
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:47 pm

I WANNA SEE!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:54 pm

So where you all when I posted this 2 days ago!<BR>No one replied until I did.<P>------------------<BR>Constable Antilles patrolling the area.<BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of Yavin and Endor Updates.

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:12 pm

I busy with some of my projects. And I can't be on the internet all the time, can I?<P>------------------<BR>I'll do virtually anything to ensure that the Alliance topples the Empire.
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:21 pm

Is there anyone else?<BR>It's amazing how full a Forum seems except when there is nothing for people to argue over! Image<P>------------------<BR>Constable Antilles patrolling the area.<BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of Yavin and Endor Updates.

DarkZero
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by DarkZero » Wed Aug 15, 2001 6:51 pm

LOL good point ACE Image
It is not the ship that makes the job but the pilot, thats why we train all the time.

ACEJim
Lieutenant

Post by ACEJim » Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:46 am

I find your site very useful, in fact, I use one of the little icons as my Avatar over at the Operation Flashpoint forum.<P>And I'd definitely like to see some more missions like the Battle of Hoth!<P>

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:29 pm

Ah Icon's, can you show us a preview of a few, <P><BR>Please Image
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Aug 16, 2001 8:43 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darksaber:<BR><B>Ah Icon's, can you show us a preview of a few, <P><BR>Please Image</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was actually thinking of that.<BR>Question what size do most people view their Icons. 32x32 or 48x48?<BR>Those people with 48 size will get much better looking pictures but all my Icons are designed for 32 size anyway. Image<P>------------------<BR>Constable Antilles patrolling the area.<BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of Yavin and Endor Updates.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:17 pm

hey, hey where is that preveiw Image
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Mini Canari
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Mini Canari » Sun Aug 19, 2001 11:24 am

I want ships......me wants ship icons
Doctor Canari: And i shall call him Mini,Canari.<P>mouhahahahahahaha

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:05 pm

I have a Death Star, X-Wing, Star Destroyer, and Darth Vader's X1. It's really the only custom icons I have.<P><P>------------------<BR>I'll do virtually anything to ensure that the Alliance topples the Empire.

Executor32
Galactic Empire

Post by Executor32 » Sun Aug 19, 2001 5:35 pm

I used to have a HUGE SW icon library (.icl), but most of them sucked because they were taken from sources like Yoda Stories. Image<P>------------------<BR>There is no peace, there is anger. <BR>There is no fear, there is power. <BR>There is no death, there is immortality. <BR>There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.<BR>-Dark Side Code<P><A HREF="http://executor32.homestead.com" TARGET=_blank>Executor32's X-Wing Alliance Depot</A>
他人の不幸は蜜の味。
Quamobrem? Quod tui tangis nocturne.

I've heard the aluminum in antiperspirants causes alzheimers,
but I keep forgeting to find out if that is a myth or not. -Havokeff @ SDN

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:21 pm

Ok here's an example preview of some of the Icons I've made. Image<BR> Image <P>The first 3 are 32x32 size:<BR><I>Jerec, Jek Porkins, Mara Jade.</I><BR>The next are 48x48 size:<BR><I>Mara, Tarkin, Crimson Empire Guard, Leia Slave.</I><BR>The purple area represents transparency. So you will see your desktop windows behind.<P>The Mara icon shows the differences if you actually use 48x48 size. Much more detail.<BR>All the icons though are designed to look good at 32x32 as that's what I use. They nearly all use 16.8 million colours too.<P>These are <B>NOT</B> just pictures I used. These are exports of how the Icons <B>will</B> actually look like! Image<P>Just a small sample. I've found some good references to capture some new icons recently.<BR>I've got many more I can make available.<BR><I>So what do you think?</I> Image<P>------------------<BR>Constable Antilles patrolling the area.<BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of Yavin and Endor Updates.<p>[This message has been edited by Ace Antilles (edited 20 August 2001).]

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Aug 20, 2001 8:51 pm

I'll have a copy please Image
- John Lydgate

DarkZero
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by DarkZero » Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:54 am

as the dark lord himself would say:"impressive"<P><BR>I want some icons too.<BR>

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Tue Aug 21, 2001 2:33 am

Whoa! Those look sweet! Me wants! Me wants! Image<P>------------------<BR>Why does everything taste like chicken? Perhaps it's not everything that tastes like chicken, but chicken that tastes like everything.
This is just my two cents.

Mini Canari
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Mini Canari » Tue Aug 21, 2001 7:44 am

I kinda like Tarkin one; i think ill put my HD img to these
Doctor Canari: And i shall call him Mini,Canari.<P>mouhahahahahahaha

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:55 pm

Well this post got buried. Image I'm intending on making some more icons and I will start to think of ways to make them available on my site.<BR>Q and A time though. If you could answer, it might help me with stuff.<P><I>What icon size do most of you use?</I><BR>32x32 - small. 48x48 + - large.<P><I>How do you like icons downloaded?</I><BR>Single, ICL or in a Self extract file?<P>I have a exe file that will view, extract and even customize windows. My current LucasArts icons use it. So you can extract my new Icons that way.<P>Any replies will be helpful. Image<P>------------------<BR>Jedi Hunter ACE on watch!<BR><A HREF="http://www.antilles100.freeserve.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>Ace Antilles X-wing Outpost</A><BR>Home of The Batlle of Yavin and Endor projects.

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sun Aug 26, 2001 6:35 pm

I use 48 X 48 and I would prefer them in an executable like your lucasarts and x-wing icons.
This is just my two cents.