The Clone Wars

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

The Clone Wars

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:22 pm

I just got The Clone War, and want to discuss some stuff.<P>Here's a quick review:<P>Presentation is average. The menus are clean and work well, and there are some cool options (widescreen mode! Yahoo)<P>Single player is a mixed bag. Ground combat is a blast, and the screen and hid are wonderful. There's a hull damage bar for every enemy :). Troop commands work as well as they did in Rogue Leader. The gunship levels are slightly dissapointing. It feels more like a flying tank than a true aircraft. The thing can't dogfight, period. You'll find yourself craving for a tank in some leves because it's a shooting spree down below and you are stuck in the air trying to take out droid fighters that can turn on a dime and the best weapon you have for both takes a long amount of time to recharge. It provides a nice diversion from ground combat, though. One thing I don't like is the Jedi mode. It looks great, but feels like it was slapped on in the last month of production. Tap a button over and over and over. It gets stale fast, even with a saber throw and a force push thrown in.<P>Multiplayer is where this game shines. Ship selection is a bit small, since it basicly contains the Republic tanks and walkers and there Seperatist equivilants. Classic deathmatches, king of the hill, and endurance modes await you with tons of fun. The meat and potatoes of multiplayer, though, is conquest mode. Two teams each have a base on opposite ends of a field, and there are outposts scattered on the field. You compete to capture outposts, because a capured outpost produces turrets and allied AI units that can be commanded. Build your army, then take out the enemy base. This will definitely be a new party game. Nothing brings more pleasure than to see your frieds face when he sees you just capured the two outposts right next to his base.<P>Overall, rent the game first, see if you like it. If you have no friends to play multiplayer with, then don't buy it unless you are a diehard. Hopefully LA will get the hint and make sure to put a multiplayer mode in Rogue Squadron 3 :).<P>Discuss your opinions, experiences, and strategies in this topic. Did anyone else get it yet? What do you think?
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:19 pm

It's for GC?<P>Damn LucasArts. :p
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:47 pm

Thanks for using this Forum but this topic would be better in the LucasArts games forum.<BR>That is where I am putting it! :p
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost