oooookay

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

oooookay

Wraithflare
Recruit

Post by Wraithflare » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:36 am

Hehehe the newbie's got a whole forum to himself it would appear. Anywayz... do backgrounds and pics count as collectables? If so I got tons. I loooove Star Destroyers and have a few good pics when my comp stays unformatted long enough to back em up.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Any ship can be a minesweeper....once<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> :cool:

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:32 am

Digital media is not really collectable. Sure, you can collect it, but it isn't worth anything. <P>Welcome to the forum. Here's a frying pan. learn to weild it well, you may need it.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:38 am

It <I>can</I> be collectable. For example, action figures, count as collectables because people want them, but there's not very many (relatively) of them.<P>Now, if you've got a rare picture or scan or wallpaper that you post and people say they've been looking for, or that's really cool, e.g. Tony Knightcrawler's CCG scans... that counts as collectable...
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:06 pm

Collectables require that they not be easily duplicatable I believe. Hence why things are bootlegged. digital images may be something a person collects, but are not really collectables, as they are extremely easy to duplicate and transfer.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:43 pm

Point.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE