For those who loved the LEGO Star Destroyer ...

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

For those who loved the LEGO Star Destroyer ...

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:49 pm

THIS is really wicked!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1549" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/1549</A> <P>Too bad it's custom! :(
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Bunita Ronin
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:39 pm

<I>So...freakin'...cool!</I><BR>Make it an official model, LEGO!<BR>Of course, with my luck it'd cost about $300 USD.....

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:51 pm

Supposedlt it is like 5 feet long. In lego prices, that would be about $750 or so...<P>I miss the old legos. I think the golden age of Lego was about the time of the Ice Planet series...then it started to go downhill
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:56 pm

Yes! The Ice planet series! I even remember it!!!! =D I loved the pirate series though.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

That_uh_Hippy
Cadet 1st Class

Post by That_uh_Hippy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:56 pm

My favorite was always the pirates...and they don't make them anymore... :(
"Tell sanchito that if he knows what is good for him<BR>he best go run and hide<BR>Daddy's got a new .45<BR>And I won't think twice to put that barrel straight<BR>down sancho's throat<BR>Believe me when I say that I got somethin for his punk ass"

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:23 pm

Pirates are a given, as is some of the older castle sets. <P>I have all the ice planet sets except for the base. All dissassembled though. :(
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:45 am

Holy smokes! That's freakin awesome!<P>Ice planet? I had some of those. And some Space Police and Blacktron. Most I had though was of the Pirate (had three thips)and Castles sets.

That_uh_Hippy
Cadet 1st Class

Post by That_uh_Hippy » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:24 am

I never got any pirate ships...I almost did, once...but I chose some hockey stuff instead...<P>My cousins had a couple pirate ships though...they were great. <P>Oh, I liked those Aqueanoughts I think they were called...something like that...the ones with the submarines and stuff. Those where fun.<P>Anyway, yeah the ssd looks awesome.
"Tell sanchito that if he knows what is good for him<BR>he best go run and hide<BR>Daddy's got a new .45<BR>And I won't think twice to put that barrel straight<BR>down sancho's throat<BR>Believe me when I say that I got somethin for his punk ass"

Ray Borlin
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ray Borlin » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:29 am

My favorite set was always the exploriaan sets. loved the blacktron and space police though. i was always into making custom rebel fighters before there was an official lego star wars series. i made decent depictions of the rebel fighters (z-95, x-wing, y-wing, a-wing, b-wing.) they all looked like shit, but it was cool anyway. <P>that was basically star wars rpg in a very rudimentary form.
I like otter pops. especially the purple ones.

Meta
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Meta » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:57 am

My favorites were the Pirates, Black Tron and Castle series... one question though, was there more than one Castle series?<P>I never owned any Pirate ship as well, but they were really awesome. Back in the days I made a Y-wing and a TIE Defender(for cockpit I use a "glass" brick of a Lego-compatible toy called Tyco). The TIE Defender looked really decent, too bad I never took a pic of it.

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:33 am

There probably where several castle series. I had a few widely different castles. But I only remember the name of one of them. Maybe on the instructions. I actually have them all...just not all the piece. :)<P>Yeah for the ships my grandparents bought me this huge one called the "Black Seas Barricuda". It was awesome and enormous. Then I got much smaller colonial British-esque ships, which I forget the names of.<P>Man we are offtopic! but does anyone care? :D

Geekwithpower
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Geekwithpower » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:40 am

I never got into the giant LEGO sets. Never touched their ISD or Blockade Runner. I liked the smaller ones, easier to display.<P>Unfortunately, of my many Star Wars LEGO sets, only a few remain intact :( Those being my Lamda Shuttle, Delta-7 and B-wing. My ATT Tank is 99% complete, but it's missing the cannon.<P>My TIE Fighter and AT-ST were disassembled and sacrificed to the creation of a big ship my friend and I made.<P>The MTT...that's actually quite a funny story. I had placed my Naboo Royal Starship toy (the big 3-4 foot playset one) on top of my Star Wars shelf. I was kneeling and repositioning some other toys when the ship <I>fell off and slammed right on my head</I>, causing me to violently and accidently toss the large R2-D2 toy (big one, about 6 or 7 inches tall). As luck would have it, the R2-D2 soared right over all my LEGO sets, and landed square on the MTT, smashing it to bits. I never even found all the pieces :(<P>Bah, just remembered that the Lamda is missing the cockpit canopy, and the B-wings S-foils had to be slightly rebuilt with improvised pieces, and now they lack the ability to open or close without breaking off.<P> :(<P>I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to build that Deluxe X-wing and TIE Interceptor.<P>Hmm...come to think of it, the only large LEGO creation I ever built was actually not LEGO, but MegaBlocks :P<P> :D<P>I'd like to start building them again, but they're bloody expensive. I want to do the entire Episode II collection, I like those a lot.<P> Image <P>That...I want to build that. It'd be the perfect compliment for my AT-AT toy.<p>[ 24 July 2004: Message edited by: One Point Two ]
<B><A HREF="http://stellatus.net" TARGET=_blank>Stellatus.net</A></B><BR>My online portfolio

Cornhelium-
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cornhelium- » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:17 pm

Hah! <P>Incredible work, but someone should tell that guy he got the proportions wrong...<I>everyone</I> knows that the Executor is 8km long, not 13 :p <I>(Runs away)</I>

Darth_Binks
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Darth_Binks » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:42 pm

Yeah, I have quite a few legos myself, including the ultimate series x-wing, which totally KICKS ASS. I remeber having the deep freeze defender or whatever from that ice planet mining set. I saved up for weeks. If I could get my hands on the Tantive IV ultimate set... anyway. If you guys like lego Star Wars you should check out <A HREF="http://www.fbtb.net" TARGET=_blank>From Bricks to Bothans</A>. It's got an <I>amazing</I> ultimate collectors set quality Tie Defender as well as a HUGE Death Star I diorama in the customs section.<P>Found some links on fbtb.<BR>Here's <BR><A HREF="http://www.fbtb.net/customs/index.asp?s ... Meeuwissen" TARGET=_blank>The Otana</A><BR>and... <A HREF="http://www.fbtb.net/customs/index.asp?s ... 20Defender" TARGET=_blank>the UCS Tie Defender as well as the DS 1 diorama</A>.<p>[ 01 August 2004: Message edited by: J boy ]
Blue Zoidberg: As for me I design mansions and then live in them. I'm lying! I'm an apalling failure!<BR>Red Zoidberg: Me too! A big fat one.<BR>-The Farnsworth Parabox, Futurama

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:42 pm

That SSD model is <I>breathtaking</I>...<BR>That Death Star diorama is <I>beautiful</I>...<P><BR>wow...........
End of line...

DataDroid
XWAU Member

Post by DataDroid » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:39 pm

Wow, that is one impressive model. Some people have way too much time, money and Legos. Actually, as everyone knows, the SSD is 17.6KM long ;)
There are 10 kinds of people.<BR>Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

NightWingXL
Ensign

Post by NightWingXL » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:47 pm

i agree, way too much time, moeny and legos. but it's damn good.
i needed a sig to make my messages look bigger

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:58 am

Deep Freeze Defender! That was it. I have that one, in pieces. I loved it :) That was near the end of the golden era of Legos
Corellian Browncoat

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:19 pm

I loved the castles, I made a castle during my exams to stay sane. I haven't had the heart to break it up yet.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.