Question...

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Question...

Specter
Lieutenant JG

Post by Specter » Thu May 01, 2003 8:53 pm

Sorry...ive never looked into collecting or anything but AA started to pike my interest ;) so i was wondering: Is there any Outrider models out there?<P>Also, what good books were made around the SW universe?<P>Thats all for the moment it guess...

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat May 03, 2003 12:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Specter:<BR><STRONG>Sorry...ive never looked into collecting or anything but AA started to pike my interest ;) so i was wondering: Is there any Outrider models out there?<BR>Also, what good books were made around the SW universe?<BR>Thats all for the moment it guess...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No to my knowledge there has never been any official Outrider models.<BR>There has been a Hasbro toy but it's not very accurate and some Micro Machines.<P>There's lots of good books based in the SW Universe. It depends where you want to start? Do you have a favourite character for instance?<BR>Otherwise buy the 3 books in the Thrawn Trilogy and start picking up all the New Jedi Order books. :cool:
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

JohnMC914
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by JohnMC914 » Thu May 08, 2003 8:46 pm

Lol this one's gonna be long. But here you go. Chronological order...<P>I suggest starting somewhere towards the beginning as the SW univers changes alot and you get lost if you don't know what came first.<P>Star Wars: Episode 1<BR>Star Wars: Episode 2<BR>Star Wars: Episode 3 (Coming soon)<P>The HanSolo Trilogy:<BR>The Paradise Snare<BR>The Hutt Gambit<BR>Rebel Dawn<P>Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope<P>Tales from The Mos Eisley Cantina (Short Story Anthology)<P>Splinter of the Mind's Eye<P>Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back<P>Tales of the Bounty Hunters (Anthology)<P>Shadows of the Empire<P>Star Wars Episode 6: Return of the Jedi<P>Tales from Jabba's Palace (Anthology)<P>The Bounty Hunter Wars:<BR>The Mandalorian Armor<BR>Slave Ship<BR>Hard Merchandise<P>The Truce at Bakura<P>X-Wing Series by Michael Stackpole<BR>Rogue Squadron<BR>Wedge's Gamble<BR>The Krytos Trap<BR>The Bacta War<BR>Wraith Squadron<BR>Iron Fist<BR>Solo Command<BR>Isard's Revenge<BR>Star Fighters of Adumar<P>The Courtship of Princess Leia<P>A Forest Apart<P>Tatooine Ghost<P>The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn<BR>Heir to the Empire<BR>Dark Force Rising<BR>The Last Command<P>I, Jedi (A must read if you've read the X-Wing Series!)<P>The Jedi Academy Trilogy (Important as all books are based story-wise from these)<BR>Jedi Search<BR>Dark Apprentice<BR>The Champions of the Force<P>Children of the Jedi<P>Darksaber<P>Planet of Twilight<P>The Crystal Star<P>The Black Fleet Crisis:<BR>Before the Storm<BR>Shield of Lies<BR>Tyrant's Test<P>The Corellian Trilogy:<BR>Ambush at Corellia<BR>Assault at Selonia<BR>Showdown at Centerpoint<P>The Hand of Thrawn Duology:<BR>Specter of the Past<BR>Vision of the Future<P>Junior/Young Jedi Knight's Series (More of a young-adult's series)<P>New Jedi Order Series: (You'll be lost if you read these first, heh...)<BR>Vector Prime<BR>Dark Tide 1: Onslaught<BR>Dark Tide 2: Ruin<BR>Agents of Chaos 1: Hero's Trial<BR>Agents of Chaos 2: Jedi Eclipse<BR>Balance Point<BR>Recovery<BR>Edge of Victory1: Conquest<BR>Edge of Victory2: Rebirth<BR>Star By Star<BR>Dark Journey<BR>Enemy Lines 1: Rebel Dream<BR>Enemy Lines 2: Rebel Stand<BR>Traitor<BR>Destiny's Way<BR>Ylesia<BR>Force Heretic 1: Remnant<BR>Force Heretic 2: Refugee<BR>Force Heretic 3: Reunion<p>[ 09 May 2003: Message edited by: JohnMC914 ]

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat May 10, 2003 2:01 am

You missed of several EP1/EP2 books and the Darth Maul one and Ebook.<BR>Good job anyway. :)

JohnMC914
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by JohnMC914 » Sun May 11, 2003 2:40 am

Antilles I knew someone would do that! Lol, I left those out as I haven't read them. I started one or two and they were immdiately boring unfortunately...<p>[ 11 May 2003: Message edited by: JohnMC914 ]

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:10 pm

Theforce.net has a comprehensive books section. Go there for more info. And also, don't read every one. Some really aren't worth it.
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenLeader0:<BR><STRONG>Theforce.net has a comprehensive books section. Go there for more info. And also, don't read every one. Some really aren't worth it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No not all. Some of the older ones in particular. I orignally found Cloak of Deception slow and boring so I put it down for a long time. When I got back into it though it began to get interesting with the bits of Palpatine setting up his power base. I like it when hinted at things are revealed.<P>Clone Wars: Shatterpoint novel is out now too.