Force Heretic in stores

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Force Heretic in stores

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:24 pm

finally a thread not started by AA :D <P>I just bought it about an hour ago, and am only about 40 pages into it. Interesting so far.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Wes Janson:<BR>[QB]finally a thread not started by AA :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:56 pm

My copy just shipped from Amazon, so I'll have it soon. :D
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:49 pm

Awesome book...<P><BR>Just one question though, when Leia visited Bastion a few months before, there were four SSDs in orbit. Did all of them get vaped by the Yuuzhan Vong? And more importantly, why is Pelleaon's flagship a dippy little ISD2 when he could be commanding a Super Star Destroyer. Even if it is the Chimaera, the SSDs have four to five times the firepower at least. Not very plausible, if you ask me.
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:05 pm

Got it! Looks good so far. :cool:
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:23 pm

4 SSDs? I thought there was only one.<P>About the Flagship thing... chimaera is the flagship for several reasons. <BR>1. He has had it on and off for something like 20 years. <BR>2. A flagship is not necessaraly the most powerful ship, because A. bigger ships are bigger targets and B. flagships sometimes are not actively engaged in combat to protect the officers on board<BR>3. There are many examples of the biggest ship not being flagship: Ysaveris in Darksaber, Indianapolis (heavy cruiser) in the Pacific fleet with dozens of carriers and battleships, a number of other occasions in WWII<p>[ 26 February 2003: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:16 pm

Yeah, Four SSDs appeared in orbit around Bastion when Leia visited earlier in the NJO series. So where did they all go? I don't think that after the trouble the Vong had just destroying the Lusankya, that they could so easily eliminate Four of the same class ships.
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO