AOTC Soundtrack CD

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

AOTC Soundtrack CD

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:13 am

Has any one bought it?<P>I'm thinking of getting it. What does everyone think, is it worth it?<P>I'm also worried that if I do get it now that they'll release a more complete version later... Do you reckon that's likely?<P>Thanks in advance.
"So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Morte."

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:13 am

Warning, you can't play it on a computer; only normal CD players. If you already knew then disregard this and enjoy the CD :D
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:21 am

Is it one of those MAC Killers? I just heard about those, you insert them and the Mac crashes, of course since you can't eject the CD manually (ast least not as easily as on a PC) and the CD is always loaded during booting you can't even start up the damn thing correctly anymore!<BR>(Quite annyoing if you ask me, almost a reason to sue the company for it!)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:06 am

I don't see that as a major problem, a minor annoyance, really...<P>I'm more interested in the <B>quality</B> of the CD... Gryphon seems to imply its good, that's a good start! :)
"So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Morte."

Intr€pid
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Intr€pid » Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:08 pm

dont you get it?!!! it means you cant use winamp with your SUPER doodly dooded sound system on your comp<P>ARGGGGGHHHHH<P>...um yeah sorry
Wa<BR>Waaa<BR>WAAAAAAAAAATCH<P>FOR THE BIG<P>PO<P>TA <P>TOOOOO

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:52 pm

I can play it on my computer via WinAmp, but I can't copy it onto the computer. :(
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:24 pm

I play it on my computer with windows media player. It takes a few tries (2 or 3) to get it to load, but I havn't had ANY problems like computer crashes.<BR>I can't copy the music onto harddrive either. :roll:

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:45 am

So Sata and General Crespin, what do you think of the CD itself... Do you reckon it was worth buying?

The Flying Dutchman
Ensign

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:51 am

yes, buy it! It's great. Got this vague dark sound all over it. If you've seen the movie you'll like it even better!

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:19 pm

You WILL buy it.<BR>Even though some music is supposed to be romantic it sunds more semantically drastic yet soothing. My opinion anyway. <P>I loved it, one strange thing though is the ever so few notes of electric guitar in the speeder chase on coruscant music, John's never done that before has he? Some real tension just before the end of that track when Zam is supposedly closing in on Akakin (even though she's actually hunting Obi-1)in the Outlander's bar.<P>Well worth the money I thought, get it.

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:52 pm

Alright, thanks for the advice guys. :) :) :) <P>I'm off to buy it now...

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:38 am

What are you bleeding newbies talking about? I ripped my CD onto my Apple iBook right after I bought it. Did you all lose your minds?<P>And Force, I hate to say this, but I think someone has been filling you full of BS about Macs.

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:27 am

Well, I managed to copy it to my hard drive using the Windows Media Player 'copy music' function... No problems with having to try it multiple times or crashes or anything - just like a normal CD. So far so good.<P>I don't know, maybe different versions?<P>Incidentally, what cover did you get? I was planning on getting the one with the promotinial poster image but then I saw that the Yoda one has an extra track ('On The Conveyor Belt') so I got that one instead.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:29 pm

Damn, I got the movie poster one, can't copy. Sounds interesting, I'll ask and see if anyone I know who has the CD can copy it...

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:38 pm

I got the origional, no movie poster or multiple frontcovers, and it doesn't have the extra track, Morte could you send it to me through e-mail?

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:24 am

Check your mail.

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Sun Jun 09, 2002 8:43 pm

Thanks Morte.<BR>Isn't that also something MK says?<BR>Just how many track does your version have?

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:03 am

14. Its the last track and appears after Confrontation with Count Dooku/Finale.<P>I hope I'm not inadvertedly insulting someone, but who's MK?

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:35 pm

MK the droid or Emkay.<BR>On X-wing Alliance, he's you're trigger happy co-pilot in the Otana and other Corellian YT-1300s (The Sabra etc).

Morte
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Morte » Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:28 am

Oh right, hehe. Sorry, it just didn't click, I though they were some initials or something. Woops :o

Darkblade
Recruit

Post by Darkblade » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:35 am

Ummm... you can actually bypass the copy protection of this kind by using a non-permanent marker pen.<P>Simply covering up the outer track disables the protection, allowing a disc to be played as normal in a PC or Mac. And so enables the ripping of cd's...<P>Sony's copy protection is annoying anyway. I myself haven't got any other means of playing audio cds than with my computer so this technique saved my day. :)<P>[edit] And... this cd is really worth it. John Williams has made (again) an excellent soundtrack for the movie.<p>[ 13 June 2002: Message edited by: Darkblade ]
Mauri "<B>Darkblade</B>" Majanoja<P>"<I>We are only pawns of destiny...</I>"<P>Mission designer - <A HREF="http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/babylon" TARGET=_blank>The Babylon Project</A>

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:25 pm

Hehe, I was just going to ask if anyone had tried it when I remembered this topic. :)<P>(And no, I do not intent do post it online, this is just so I can listen to it on my computer without the CD in the drive. :D)

Darkblade
Recruit

Post by Darkblade » Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:20 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><STRONG>Hehe, I was just going to ask if anyone had tried it when I remembered this topic. :)<P>(And no, I do not intent do post it online, this is just so I can listen to it on my computer without the CD in the drive. :D)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Some say that covering only a small part will suffice but that didn't work for me. So I covered the whole outer ring and then it worked.<P>And remember. NON-permanent marker pen. My friend did this with a permanent marker pen and he managed to screw it up. So... good luck with your experiment. Hope it works. ;)
Mauri "<B>Darkblade</B>" Majanoja<P>"<I>We are only pawns of destiny...</I>"<P>Mission designer - <A HREF="http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/babylon" TARGET=_blank>The Babylon Project</A>