Why do the DVD people torture me so?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Why do the DVD people torture me so?

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:49 pm

Bablyon 5 season 4: January 6th<BR>Stargate SG-1 season 5: January 20th<BR>Stargate SG-1 season 6: March<BR>Bablyon 5 season 5: April<P>That's over $250 dollars in DVDs right there!<BR>Arg! Well, they will be worth it, at least.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:02 pm

Alternatively, you could... NOT BUY them. :D
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:13 pm

Right...You're crazy. Thanks for the advice :)
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:31 pm

I ordered Babylon 5 season 4 from a Canadian site called <A HREF="http://www.dvdsoon.com." TARGET=_blank>www.dvdsoon.com.</A> The price was $61.29 + $1.21 for converting the currency to American dollars - no shipping or tax. That was the lowest I found it for. I wish I lived in Canada, because somebody got it at a local Canadian DVD store for $34 (in American dollars). I'm jealous.<P>I'll probably have to wait for my B-Day and ask for S5 for my B-Day, which is in the begining of May. JMS has also said that he plans on releasing everything else on DVD (the movies as one package, Crusade, and Legend of the Rangers).
This is just my two cents.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:09 pm

I now have B5 S4. I liked it, including the gag reel :) Next on the list, SG-1 S5 :roll:
Corellian Browncoat

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:50 am

I love B5 Season 4. Next year I have to start on SG-1, because this year, I am collecting the Highlander TV Series.
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:03 pm

2 down, 2 to go. I still need Season 6 of SG-1, which is March 2. Babylon 5 season 5 is in April. I am also working on Farscape at the moment. Next on my list may be Battlestar Galactica, or X-files. Maybe DS9.
Corellian Browncoat

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:26 am

I bought the last four seasons of DS9. Those were the best in my estimation, and the special features are a joke, so basically the show is all that matters.<P>Seasons six and Seven are the best. All with the Defiant and Vic Fontaine are awesome.
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:59 am

If I buy DS9, it'd be the whole series :) I loved it from season 1 to 7, though I didn't appreciate season 1-2 until after I watched the rest of the show, and I didn't appreciate the show at all until about halfway through the 3rd season, when it really started to get interesting.<P>Yes, I know, the special features are a joke. It's unfortunate that with all the DVD's out, like the LotR EE DVD's, Paramount doesn't have a clue how to do special features on their DVD's. Just like the rest of Star Trek, they're afraid of trying something new and different, so they just slap a few interviews and promo stuff, and sell it. They did it with the TNG sets, and with the Nemesis DVD, and their earlier DVD's had pratically nothing in the way of special features. It's too bad they can't give us commentaries like WB did with the Babylon 5 DVD's. <P>Speaking of Babylon 5, I finally got my copy of season 4. It's very nice and was worth the $61 I paid for it.
This is just my two cents.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:00 am

I like how in seasons 4 and 5, the Stargate DVDs have commentary for every single episode. not that many little interview pieces, but lots of commentary :)
Corellian Browncoat