NJO: Force Heretic III: Reunion- Spoilers

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

NJO: Force Heretic III: Reunion- Spoilers

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:41 am

Ha! Beat AA to it. Anyway, book III is out in stores also, I have read it myself. It has an interesting ending, with Pellaeon and the rebels fighting together, and Zonoma Sekot joining up. What do you all think?
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Sinow_Beat
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Sinow_Beat » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:38 pm

Tthe whole "han/leia/stranded on a world no-ones heard of" subplot was more than a little pointless! I suppose it was there just to add some space battle action to the book!<P>Have you noticed?! I bet the series executives dont let a book pass without it having a space battle in! (oh...Traitor...nevermind!) <P>And there wasn't nearly enough about Zenoma Sekot! I want more! MORE! Everytime there was a gap between the paragraphs after a good Zonoma Sekot section, I was really annoyed. I found myself reading the non-Luke plot sections just to get to the Luke-plot sections as a reward!<P>This book was interesting overall, but the excellent bits were overshadowed by the pointless bits.
Proffesional, affordable, advanced...<A HREF="http://www.akgraphics.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>AK|graphics</A>...UK-based graphic design<P>Working on XWAUP Repair Yard, Assault Transport

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:41 pm

I read through it and liked it. I'm sure Zonama Sekot will be featured more in the next two books.
This is just my two cents.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:43 am

Next two? I thought there was only one left... the unifying force or something like that, or is there an e-book coming up also?
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

WarHawk107
Ensign

Post by WarHawk107 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:12 pm

the only problem i had with the three book's, is that there werent many male subordinate officers, i mean sure there should be some women mentioned, but NO men??? not that its a bad thing or anything, but if we think continuety wise, up until about 8 years after the battle of Endor there were not many women in the Imperial Navy besides Admiral Daala(sp?), but even then the Imperial Navy would probably remain male dominate for quite a number of years. i dont know, just seems a little cheesy to me.

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:02 pm

Yes, there are two books left - The Final Prophecy is the next book and The Unifying Force will be the final book. There WAS an e-book planned but it was canceled, probably because they didn't have time to finish it.
This is just my two cents.