NJO: Force Heretic II: Refugee - SPOILERS

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

NJO: Force Heretic II: Refugee - SPOILERS

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat May 03, 2003 12:20 am

The latest New Jedi Order book, Force Heretic II: Refugee is now in the shops.<BR>This thread is for anyone who has read the book to discuss it with others.<BR><B>SPOILERS</B> can be used in this thread so be aware! There is also a spolier free thread. Have fun! :)<p>[ 03 May 2003: Message edited by: Ace Antilles ]
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Sat May 03, 2003 10:43 pm

Tahiri: <I>Laughs giddily</I> "You're Harvey! <I>English accent</I>Or is it Clarence?<I>accent off</I> Guardian angel? Invisible rabbit? <I>Contemplates, then decisively:</I> Harvey."<P>I couldn't help but think of that when it's revealed Tahiri has the personality of a Yuuzhan Vong warrior running amok through her head. :D Pity that the NJO probably won't take it to the humorous extreme that FarScape did.<P><I>Saxman pictures Riina popping up in Tahiri's reality dressed in wacky costumes and spouting one-liners.</I>

JohnMC914
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by JohnMC914 » Thu May 08, 2003 8:30 pm

Lol just got it today. 10 pages into it. The NJO is a great series, probably right up there with Stackpole and Allston's X-Wing Series.<P>However, it's hard to imagine what comes after NJO.....

John Banks
Cadet 1st Class

Post by John Banks » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:06 pm

Nothing can beat the X-Wing series! The only other series which is worth a read is the Thrawn Trilogy. Maybe it's just me but the NJO is darn boring. I guess i just like the X-Wing books cause they remind me of good ole aviation books and stuff i do/did in the X-Wing games.<BR>Maybe some of you guys read books about the Flying Tigers and similar stuff. The X-Wing series is like the sci-fi version.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:37 am

I liked it. Unfortunately I can't remember much of it, well, seperate it from Reunion, which is book III and is also out in stores. ;)
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Sinow_Beat
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Sinow_Beat » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:36 pm

EDIT: SORRY! I posted in the wrong thread!<p>[ 17 July 2003: Message edited by: AKD ]
Proffesional, affordable, advanced...<A HREF="http://www.akgraphics.co.uk" TARGET=_blank>AK|graphics</A>...UK-based graphic design<P>Working on XWAUP Repair Yard, Assault Transport