is it true?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

is it true?

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sat May 11, 2002 10:24 am

that decipher has stopped making those Star Wars colectible playing cards? Those were well fun, until my only opponent lost his super star destroyer card between the floorboards. oops! For some reason he doesn't want to play me anymore!
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sat May 11, 2002 10:54 am

Yep, it's true. :(<P>I think they had some sort of fallout with Lucas. WEG or WOTC is taking over, I saw a card, and ugh. :mad:
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Erai Nalkri
Ensign

Post by Erai Nalkri » Sat May 11, 2002 9:49 pm

Good riddance to that horribly complicated thing. I don't know about anyone else but I prefer a card game I can learn to play after reading the rules once.<P>As for the new one, I think it is quite fun, I just hope they make some Original Trilogy cards soon.
Believe in the sign of Zeta.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Sun May 12, 2002 7:32 pm

Ya, it's hard to play, but as I have no one to play it with, I don't care. ;)<P>I just like the cards, think that they look good.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

K_Kinnison
Rear Admiral (Lower Half)

Post by K_Kinnison » Sun May 12, 2002 10:48 pm

Well, Hasbro is owned by Lucas, Hasbro also owns WotC<P>The biggest midwest gaming convention "GenCon" in milwaukee was hosted by Wizards of the coast. until Hasbro wanted to turn it into a trade show. A top VP in WotC quit, and then bought out the rights for GenCon to keep it a gaming convention<P>probly this is the fallout becasue of it. Also Lucasfilms probly wantsto promote their new CCG
Currently working on an XWA campaign
XWAU Plank holder
XWAU Team official Poker

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon May 13, 2002 5:33 pm

I collect(ed) the decipher cards, I like that game. Star wars is not done justice with a simple game. That is for pokemon and such. The new game has dice rolling and tokens, what a joke. Decipher had a great game, but screwed up trying to make "simple" games like young jedi and jedi knights. I am refusing to buy the new stuff, and am trying to continue getting the older cards I need. :(
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Tue May 14, 2002 2:29 am

ur like me wes janson, i like the old SWCCG but refuse to buy anything new. Contact me and we can talk about our cards, i like collecting dark side cards.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Tue May 14, 2002 6:42 pm

Hey what about me? :)

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Wed May 15, 2002 12:39 am

my space navy is my entire strategy. i have executor muahaha. i wasnt the emperor tho, i have yoda and vader, dark lord of the sith. i got both of them in a pack. i got most of the lightside main chars too but i dont play with em.

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed May 15, 2002 5:03 pm

Ha ha! Super Star Destroyer? Pah! Just wait till I force feed you twenty B-Wings down your proverbial gullet! Mwah ha ha ha!<P>Me and my mate took the old rules and completely revamped them for a space-battle only game. Its ACE. :cool: