Force Heretic I: Remnant Thoughts (SPOLIER)

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Force Heretic I: Remnant Thoughts (SPOLIER)

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:03 pm

So...Whadda ya think? I especially love the fact that they got the empire back into SW. the Tahiri situation is a bit interesting...I wanna see where that goes. Zonoma Sekot was another thing i thought should have been followed up and i'm glad they didn't wait until the last two books to do so. The mysterious Ryn at the end is good too. Overall, it leaves enough un-said to make for a good follow up.
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:26 pm

I liked it, esp the Kyle Katarn Referencr (he was mentioned in another book earlier) and the fact the Empire is now fully part of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances (what kind of dumb name is that?)<P>3 questions. <BR>1. What happened to the Empires SSD from Destiny's Way?<BR>2. Where the heck did the Viscount dissapear to? <BR>3. What's the Guardian up to right now?
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Mon Feb 24, 2003 8:09 pm

To answer those questions.<P>1)Destroyed or somewhere else. I mean where was the Lusankya before Rebel Dream and Guardian before Destiny's Way. <P>2)Probably got pulled back to Mon Calamari and stayed there.<P>3)Probably at Mon Calamari or elsewhere on the battle front. <P>The Kyle Katarn reference was out of the blue leaves me hoping he may feature later on. (Hey, its possible).<P>Although I do have to wonder about other characters too. Dash Rendar, Boba Fett, Kir Kanos, Hobbie and others.<P>I have one question though. What happened to Inyri Forge? She was in the Dark Tide books and then disappeared. <P>And what happened to Gavin Darklighter? According to Destiny's Way Corran Horn is Rogue Leader. Did Wedge have him court martialled for what he said at the end of Rebel Stand? :p <P>Hang on, thats two questions.
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:28 am

I thought in DW it said Corran was <B>IN</B>Rogue squadron again. Inyri...Meh...leave her alone. I got sick of her in X/W. DOn't bring her back. Boba, and Dash would kick ass... Boba would never work with the GA though.<P>I thought the Katarn was staright out of left field, got my hopes up. My opinion, Bring him and his Mercinary ways into all of this, along with Dash Rendar.<P>Another thing I want: Big ass ships like SSDs kicking ass. You never really read much about the SSD ass-kickin' factor outside of X/W, which was really why i read that. SO more of that.

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:23 pm

Here it is, on page 47 it says Corran Horn leading Rogue Squadron. It could mean Corran is simply leading the Rogues because he's Force sensetive and its better a jedi is leading when they do the battle meld.<P>Why wouldn't Boba work with the GA? According to many books which feature Fett he takes jobs depending on the money. He took Imperial jobs because the Empire was <BR>an established government, theres no reason he wouldn't take jobs with the GA, another legit government. And he buried the hatchet with Solo some years before.<p>[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: Exar Kun ]
Whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger...Unless it bites your legs off, in which case it can only make you shorter.

Cpt. Reaves
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Reaves » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:15 pm

It'd be pretty cool to see the GA put a bounty on Shimrra's head. I wonder if Fett could handle it. What do ya'll think?<P>As for Heretic . . . I LOVED IT. Thrawn may have been a tactical genius be he never ran a battle from a bacta tank. Also loved the Ryn at the end. AWESOME!<P>Any speculations on the next book?
- Captain Ben "Talon" Reaves

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:54 pm

Not much, just guessing at some stuff involving the Chiss and Baron Fel, Gaeriel Captison's daughter Malinza and the Bakurans and the Ssi-ruuk.

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:09 pm

Malizna will be what? 15? I don't think so. I suspect some serious Ssi-Ruuk ass kicking.<P>I was wrong about the Corran Horn thing....

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:02 pm

The Bakurans have not had very good luck! <P>Side note, legend, theres only one E in spaghetti :p
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:27 pm

Hobbie and Wes have started their own squadron, I think, and managed to appear either in Rebel Stand or Dream. A few of the boys Wes and Hobbie cobbled together got KIA, but so long as they don't kill off my favorite Rogues, others may die.
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:48 pm

Didn't Wes re-create the Yellow Aces? And he was hitting on Jaina, but he didn't know it, that was amusing. I don't remember Hobbie being there.
Corellian Browncoat

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:07 pm

Wes Formed a Volunteer squadron called the Tanaab Yellow Aces and i suppose he is still with Wedge, where ever that may be.

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:14 pm

Hobbie pretty much is wherever Wes is, so if he is still alive, I imagine he is with Tycho, Wedge, and Wes.
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:00 am

I haven't quite finished it (Real busy all day, going to finish it tonight. :() but I thought I'd take a look here..<P>I like the thought of Fett going after Shimmra. :D<P>When I got to the page.. 30 or so, maybe 40, where Luke and Cal and the rest are discussing their trip into the Unknown Regions, and Luke wouldn't tell Cal what he was looking for, I rather thought of the Hand of Thrawn, but seeing as how y'all are saying Ssi-Ruuk, and then I found out Zonoma Sekot, I'd better finish it first. ;)
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:10 am

Hand of Thrawn is found, no need to look for it.
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:48 pm

I know that. :)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:53 pm

Luke and Mara told the Republic about it earlier, I think in the Dark Tide series(?)<BR>~ "I didn't know the chiss were coming" "Umm, we did." something like that, they then explained
Corellian Browncoat

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:41 am

Ah, I'll have to read it again then. :)<P>Chiss good.

WarHawk107
Ensign

Post by WarHawk107 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:47 pm

i liked the book overall. however, there were just too many women in the Imperial Navy, all the ISD captains were women and there was even a women Moff! i dont mind a few in there, but remember the Empire doesent have much women in its ranks, the Empire is too sexist to let women get any command at all...sure the Empire might have changed there veiws on the subject, but does every single ship have to have a women commander? i just dont see it happening.

Exar Kun
Ensign

Post by Exar Kun » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:14 pm

Actually according to X-Wing:Rogue Squadron after Endor with a need for competent officers the Empire was forced to change its policy and begin promotions based on skills and abilities. <BR>Then in Darksaber Admiral Daala changed the policy even more allowing women and non-humans greater responsibility.

WarHawk107
Ensign

Post by WarHawk107 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:22 pm

i know, but every single capital ship? i dont remember reading about any male captains...which there are a lot of, and should still outnumber female captains.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:52 pm

I only recall hearing about the captains of 3, maybe 4 Imperial ships.
Corellian Browncoat

WarHawk107
Ensign

Post by WarHawk107 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:21 pm

oh well nevermind