Star Wars Galaxies

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Star Wars Galaxies

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:00 pm

I thought it was about time we had a topic devoted to Galaxies: An Empire Divided. :)<BR>Hope to hear from all fellow players. :cool:
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:02 pm

My character is named Azrail Aleback. I'm a Human living in Aurora Plains on Naboo.<P>Currently studying Marksman, Scout and Brawler. Just took up Medic to test it out. Doubt I'll stick with it though as looks like a long slog.<P>I've only just got the game and there's so much stuff to see. I like the introduction of POI's. It makes you explore regions that you wouldn't normally. I haven't gone very far or done a lot yet though. Planning on visiting Leia and Ackbar on Corellia sometime though. Doing some Rebel missions now.<P>It's a big help having a Master Artisan for a brother in the game though! :D Means I've got a lot of good weapons and stuff from the start! Plus a House to stay at, Landspeeder and Kaadu! :D

Shark
Ensign

Post by Shark » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:06 am

What have they added since the end of the beta or initial release?<P>I decided not to get the game because of lag-death bug, making the monsters a lot harder, the black hp loss when u die, and the sitting bug.

Zeta Otaku
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Zeta Otaku » Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:26 am

Kehl Aecea, Bria, Novice Bounty Hunter for the Alliance, and living in a small town called Meridian Sector on Talus.<P>I love this game! So many things to do, see, and kill! Not only that, but I've met a lot of nice people willing to help others and very rarely someone treat a newbie poorly (though it has happened).<P>I do have to say this though... gaining Survival XP SUCKS!!!<P>I really can't wait for the space expansion to come out as it'll add a whole new twist to the game and hopefully add new abilities to professions and open doors to new professions you can jump into.<P>Also... are there ways to post bounties for human players? I've run into a few individuals who play dirty... like camping in front of rebel terminals, following people who use these terminals for missions, then attack when their "prey" get a TEF. It's really dirty.
Hurt me and I'll cry.<BR>Entertain me and I'll smile.<BR>Piss me off and I'll eat your spleen.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shark:<BR><STRONG>What have they added since the end of the beta or initial release?<P>I decided not to get the game because of lag-death bug, making the monsters a lot harder, the black hp loss when u die, and the sitting bug.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well I'm new at the game but I don't know anything about those bugs. They've made so many fixes in the last year They probably got rid of them.<P>As for what they added quite a lot! Player mounts, vehicles, cities, houses, politcians, points of interests with badges. Also lots of other stuff before my time too.<BR>The next patch will be out any day. You will be able to own all 3 speeders, they are revamping the cities and quests. So that you can get new items for doing them again. The Imperials will be stopping and searching people for contraband, including sliced weapons. So smugglers have a better role.<BR>Also Rebels will not be allowed to run around freely as much. So they've added quite a lot. Don't judge the game on the original release. It's much better now. :cool:

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeta Otaku:<BR><STRONG>I do have to say this though... gaining Survival XP SUCKS!!!<P>Also... are there ways to post bounties for human players? I've run into a few individuals who play dirty... like camping in front of rebel terminals, following people who use these terminals for missions, then attack when their "prey" get a TEF. It's really dirty.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with you Zeta. :) So far I've not gone past Naboo really so I've got lots to see. Just completing a mission for the Gungan Sacred Place, but I want to see the Emperor's Retreat and all the cool badges on Tatooine soon.<P>Getting Scout Survival XP does take ages! :D

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:40 pm

If I had a broadband connection and the money, I would get it. Even with all the bad things I've heard about it- <P><B>it's a <I>Star Wars</I> MMORPG</B>.<P> :)
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

ACE
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ACE » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Edor Crespin:<BR><STRONG>If I had a broadband connection and the money, I would get it. Even with all the bad things I've heard about it- <P><B>it's a <I>Star Wars</I> MMORPG</B>.<P> :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I only need the money... and a better video card :)

Com_Trooper
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Com_Trooper » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:08 pm

I've been playing the game since release and I'm still going strong.<P>In fact, even though I play quite a lot I have yet to master a single profession because I try to absorb the atmosphere of the game as much as possible rather than spend my time grinding out xp. However, I plan to dabble in as many professions as possible; Teras Kasi, Bounty Hunter, Ranger, Smuggler, and Droid Engineer to name a few. And the publish coming out next week may finally give me a reason to fear the Empire, heh :).
これは にほんごの ぶん です!

xcountryman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by xcountryman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:17 pm

my month long trial just ran out so now i have to make a run to EB to pick up a card....dammit...oh well<P>i'm Cap'n America of the galaxy Tarquinas. Mostly i'm around Bestine Township because of the nearby Imp mission terminal. I'm pursuing the artisan and marksman ladders at the moment though i'm contemplating going up medic too.

xcountryman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by xcountryman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:18 pm

I was also thinking, wouldn't it be cool if the devs took it all the way to NJO? prolly won't happen but its fun to think about.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Com_Trooper:<BR><STRONG>Anyway, once they fix the bloomin sit warp bug I would declare the game as being pretty solid :).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That ANNOYS me Soo much! :)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:31 pm

The new patch is out! So all you Rebels and Smugglers beware of the new Imperial Crackdown. :D

Black_Knight
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Black_Knight » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:44 am

Haven't played much as I should, but it gets old sometimes, and very time consuming.<P>Anyways, my character is D'arvin Nightbringer, Chilastra server, currently a wanderer on Naboo.<P>I am moving toward Master Brawler, which could take some serious time to get there. <BR> :( I do believe I am moving towards being a Jedi though, since I found a holocron...<P>PS - Ace, I don't believe you said what server you are on :P<p>[ 15 February 2004: Message edited by: Black_Knight ]

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black_Knight:<BR><STRONG>I do believe I am moving towards being a Jedi though, since I found a holocron...<P>PS - Ace, I don't believe you said what server you are on :P<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How did u find the Holocron?<BR>I am on the Wanderhome server. BTW this is from the official site:<P><I>You Can Now Communicate Across Galaxies!<BR>The latest in-game feature: Players can now send messages to friends via "tells" and game mail across galaxy-servers. For example, to send a message to a friend on another galaxy, type "/tell Galaxyname.Charactername hello". This inter-galaxy feature also includes chat with European galaxies (the syntax is "/tell Europe-FarStar.Charactername") as well as chat between Test Center and live galaxies (the syntax is "/tell TestCenter.Charactername" Be sure that the "T" and "C" in "TestCenter" are in caps). <P>Players can add a friend to his or her Friends List by typing "/addfriend Galaxyname.Charactername". To ignore someone, type "/addignore Galaxyname.Charactername".</I><P>I'm working towards Brawler. Some bits can be tough. I got a nice weapon to help me progress quicker. Also taking on tougher foes got me much more XP.<BR>Medic isn't taken me as long as I thought. It's saved me a few times too! :D<P>The Imperial Crackdown is certainly changing a few things. Stormtroopers are hassling people in Cantinas a lot now. Apparently in 1 area about 400 appeared and lagged up the server for ages! :D :roll:

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:18 pm

Can't talk long as I have to go and play the game. :)<BR>The new quest is live: Geonosian Cave. You can fight Droidekas and an Acklay! :p

Warmaker
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Warmaker » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:23 pm

Okay, I'm a newb to this game but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.<P>I have a problem right now though: I got a disease from an attack by those little rat things. Going to the hospital can get rid of all the wounds but not against health. That, and my battle fatigue is sky high now. My character's a relatively new rifle marksman so field medic related skills is what I don't have.<P>There's just no player medics/doctors anywhere but these AI trainers.
"There's no such thing as overkill, just ensured victory..."<P>"For the greater glory of the Empire, DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!"

Zeta Otaku
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Zeta Otaku » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:08 pm

Battle Fatigue can only be reduced by watching/listening to entertainers in a Cantina. As for finding medics, all I can say is go to a major city like Coronet or something like that. If you can't find them in the med center, you'll definitely find someone wandering around... if you can deal with the lag that is. ^_^
Hurt me and I'll cry.<BR>Entertain me and I'll smile.<BR>Piss me off and I'll eat your spleen.

Warmaker
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Warmaker » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:47 pm

i've got dsl and a top notch computer so I "think" I can handle it. Thanks a bunch!
"There's no such thing as overkill, just ensured victory..."<P>"For the greater glory of the Empire, DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!"

Phoenix
Commander

Post by Phoenix » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:28 am

What is the UK subscription price?
End of line...

charben
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by charben » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:46 am

I'm on Bria, and my character is Tollan Balasi, covert Rebel and aspiring Rifleman. Just FYI for anyone still trying to get survival xp, fishing and crafting camps gives survival xp also.

XWO
Recruit

Post by XWO » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:37 am

Halyn Lance, Starsider, Master Scout, Master Creature Handler, 2-3-4-3 Pistoleer, Rebel.<P>I'm enjoying SWG quite a bit...though I need a new gamecard. (Subscription expired.) I'm playing with members of the RS. I, too, have had a lot of good experiences with people. Of course, the most infamous jackass on our server goes by the name of Avatar, an Imperial braggert. Yeah, he's good, but he's an ass. He killed me my third day into the came when I was running Rebel missions to get FP. I was like a 0-2-0-0 marksman, and he was sending me /tells about how he pwned me. It was pitiful.

Warmaker
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Warmaker » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:30 pm

Hello,<P>My character is Tavrim Darkstar, playing in the Ahazi(?) galaxy. I have a 3/4/2/3 Marksman and working on novice Pistoleer. I've also got a bit of Scout, Brawler, and Medic (which wasn't progressing at all). I eventually want to become a Commando.<P>I just also joined the Empire several days ago. My current rank is Corporal, but I'm currently covert since I'm not powerful or rich enough for the PvP action.<P>I started off in Corellia in Duerba something. Then I went to Coronet and was amazed at the player population there (not to mention Reb players). I wanted a change and decided to go to Imperial friendly Bestine on Tatooine and made rapid progress there. We've got a pretty lively community there.<P>XWO, I know the feeling of getting whacked by a powerful player. A couple of days into the game, 3 Reb players with Composite Armor, heavy weapons, big rifles, etc. ganged up on me. I only had a CDEF Rifle and measly Bone Armor. I think I lasted 2 seconds ;) With this in mind, when I get my character souped up enough, I plan on serious payback against the Rebellion...

Invader
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Invader » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:12 pm

Inv and bienka Eclipse Inv master bounty hunter (forget hologrinding too many jedi's already) Bienka (Master doc/dancer) buff bot. Been playing since beta 2 growing old of game and lack of development and content only negative things i have. Right now been beta testing WoW
Invader<BR>TI-7267<BR>501st

Otana
Ensign

Post by Otana » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Guys I can't install the game it keeps saying component transfer error. I have already re-installed windows. Any suggestions? I am really desperate right now :(