Babylon 5 season 3 (season 4 coming soon)

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Babylon 5 season 3 (season 4 coming soon)

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:45 am

Is now out. I just bought it, and am watching it. I like it, it has some of the best eps of the series. Anyone else get it yet?<p>[ 14 October 2003: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:44 pm

it's out?!?!? already?!?!?! I thought it didn't come out until october or november! *goes out and buys it*
This is just my two cents.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:52 pm

I was at walmart and saw one on the shelf, and I had my nice $100 bill so I bought it and Sum of All Fears. And Superpower. Do not buy Superpower! Or if you did, could someone tell me how to install it? :roll:
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:19 am

I bought it for $75.31 at Costco on Thursday.

Admiral Andy
XWAU Member

Post by Admiral Andy » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:35 am

I got it on Wednesday and got Season 2 last month. Season 3 tends to be my favorite season overall. Seasons 4 and especially 5 seemed to be let-downs, though JMS stated that was due to the fact that during the time Season 4 was being written, it was unknown if Season 5 would exist.<P>Originally, I read from somewhere (don't ask, was a while ago), that JMS had wanted the Shadow War to go on a bit longer and possibly have it end closer to Season 4's Mid/End point, resolve the Earth Civil War in early/mid Season 5, and the do the ISA formation, Telepath Crisis, and Centauri War. The Telepath Crisis on board B5 was dragged on quite a bit before getting to the ISA/Centauri conflict.

Nightwolf
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Nightwolf » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:28 pm

Just bought season 3, and I can't wait for season 4. I just wish that seasons 1 + 5 were as good as the middle three.<P>Ah, well, it isn't like I will ever publish anything, so what do I know...
Colonel James "Nightwolf" Davidson<BR>Member of the Rebel Squadrons<BR>Intrepid Battle Group XO<BR>Wildcard Squadron CO

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:39 pm

Yeah I've always been a Babylon 5 fan I agree, I did like season 4 though.... anyway, I picked up season 3 the day it came out in my area, Aug 12th.<P>Sincerely, rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:59 am

While I'm a huge B5 fan, the first time I was able to actually watch the show was with the DVD's - I maybe saw like 5 or 6 episodes before TNT stopped showing it (strange, for a station that claims to know drama, they stopped showing one of the most dramatic shows ever - but they DID pick up the X-Files AFTER it ended). The first and last seasons of a show tend to be the worst - the first, because it's the begining and takes time to establish the characters, setting, and plot (though often times the first seems better after watching the rest of the show). The last, because it's winding down and finishing some of the show's main plots. <P>So far, I've seen the pilot & prequel movies (I watched the prequel movie before everything else, even though it aired sometime during S4), S1, S2, and S3, and have enjoyed all of them. S1 definitely wasn't bad, IMHO, especially when you compare it to S1 of Enterprise or Star Trek: The Next Generation. Only dissapointments for me was the S1 episode TKO and the S3 episode Grey 17 is Missing. TKO, while not a bad episode, was too much like a TNG episode than a B5 episode and didn't feel like it fit in with the show's formula. Grey 17 is missing, was, IMHO, just a stupid episode. <P>Anywho, it took me about 4 or 5 days to completely go through S3, and now I'm waiting for S4 to come out in November (unless somebody can point me to a site where I can download the S4 episodes so I don't have to wait as long).

JC
XWAU Member

Post by JC » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:22 am

Good! Season 1 is boring mostly, but I haven't gotten season 2 yet, so I'm going to have to wait. :( At least I have most of the series on VHS taped off of TNT with commercials! oh joy!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:12 am

Well, with Season 3 you get the beginning of the Shadow war, and the Clark revolution
Corellian Browncoat

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:05 am

One thing I'll say is that B5 is one of the best looking TV series on DVD so far. The video quality of season 3 is superb - the colors are bright and come out very well.

Admiral Andy
XWAU Member

Post by Admiral Andy » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:23 am

Are you sure its Season 3 that's the beginning of the Shadow War? Because, while that may technically true (when the Shadows start attacking openly), the Technomage Trilogy states that the opening phase starts in the Season 1 finale when the Shadows blow up a Narn military Base in Quadrant 37 (The Mage trilogy was outlined by JMS himself and those books are considered cannon (sp?).<P>Supposedly there are several phases, such as the Narn-Centauri Conflict, Earth Civil War, and the actual Shadow-Vorlon War. With that being said, is it possible that the ISA/Centauri War, Drakh War(s), and Telepath War could be extensions of the Shadow War as they were precipitated by allies and minions of those fun insectoids from Z'ha'dum?<P>Season 1 is pretty good when you see how it ties in to the overall series. Though I remember the first time the show aired, when I was either 9 or 10, it had some cool special effects but was a little boring. Then I saw the Shadows (missed the Season 1 Eps with them) and I was wondering, 'what the hell was that thing!?' By the time the last six or so episodes of Season 2 aired, I was hooked.

Avenger One
Captain

Post by Avenger One » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:03 pm

I got all 3 seasons, go me
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:17 am

I have all 3 season PLUS the double-sided release of the Prequel & Pilot movie. So there! HA HA HA :D

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:11 pm

I got the prequel/pilot double-sided DVD and S1 DVDs from the library, I liked it. :) I won't be getting any more of the seasons though unless the library gets them. :p
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:35 am

I have an autograph from Bruce Boxleitner (Captain John Sheridan). I didn't know I was going to get it at first, just kinda was in line with my gf cause she likes Buffy and some wierd old dude who sang was signing stuff for her. I think he was drunk... I know I'd be if I had to sign stuff for sci-fi geeks :)

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:57 am

Well, I hear the release date for season 4 is January 6th (too long.... was hoping for a Christmas release so I could put it on my Christmas list :)),

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:40 pm

Too many DVDs are coming up... Indy Trilogy, Two Towers extended edition, Bab 5 Season 4, Supposedly Stargate Season 5, And I still need to get a bunch of Farscape DVDs. Oh, right, battlestar Galactica is coming out on DVD also. :D I need money!
Corellian Browncoat

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:28 pm

Let's not forget abot Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, X2: X-men United and The Matrix Reloaded (which I probably won't be getting since I didn't much care for that movie). And let's not forget the games that are coming out too - Halo PC, Knights of the Old Republic PC, Star Fox 2 (dunno for sure) Rogue Squadron III:Rebel Strike, and I'm sure there's lots of other games. My first priorities are of course Knights of the Old Republic on the PC and The Two Towers Extended Edition.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:22 pm

good point about the DVDs, but the newest console I have is a Super Nintendo :) Back when games were about story, not graphics.
Corellian Browncoat

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:31 am

Who says games are just about grahpics? Max Payne 2 might have nice graphics but it seems to be more about gameplay and story. Same goes for KotR. JA is a lot of fun. I have every game SNES game ever released in the U.S. on 2 cd's (about 600 mb worth). And I have a gamepad with a similar configuration to the SNES gamepad. He he.

General Edor Crespin
Galactic Empire

Post by General Edor Crespin » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:12 am

Super Nintendos rule.
IN THE WAKE OF FEDERATION THERE AROSE EMPIRE

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:41 pm

Comes out Jan 6th, and Stargate SG-1 season 5 comes out Jan 20th. Ouch. Money issues<BR>I am getting both though :)
Corellian Browncoat

Master Toddy
Lieutenant

Post by Master Toddy » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:43 am

I've heard that the release date might have been pushed forward to the 11th of November. I hope it has been, because then I can put it on my christmas list (I won't have the money to get it because I'm getting LotR, Indiana Jones and Knights of the Old Republic instead - gotta set my priorities, lol).

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:34 pm

Is it Nov? I heard that, then some sites said Jan, so I don't know. I have a wad of cash in my wallet saving up for LOTR and Bab5, then Stargate soon. I still need Bab5 Season 1... :(
Corellian Browncoat