Ssi Ruuk Questions

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Ssi Ruuk Questions

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:45 pm

I've read truce at bakura, a pretty good book (not the best).<P>I've looked up the Ssi-Ruuuk at <A HREF="http://www.starwars.com" TARGET=_blank>www.starwars.com</A> and it says the New Republic sends ships to the Ssi-Ruuk star cluster AFTER the events in truce at bakura! Which book or comic does this occur in?<P>Also, who do you think will win out of these two: Ssi Ruuk vs. Yuuzhan Vong? :D I really can't decide. Each side as advantages over the other, but each of those advantages is cancelled out by some other advantage the other side has! (confused yet? :p )
Texturing the <B>XWAUP Hyper Bouy</B><P><I>(Its gonna blow your mind)</I>

General Taskeen
Ensign

Post by General Taskeen » Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:17 pm

Ssi-Ruuk against the Yuuzhan Vong, well the Ssi-Ruuk have the same basis of technology as New Republic has. Not "similar" but just pointing out that they don't use organic this and that for everything they use. Yuuzhan Vong are merciless killers and have already taken over Coruscant, so it's easy enough to decide who would win.<p>[ 04 June 2002: Message edited by: General Taskeen ]
Jg26[Gj37]/|Taskeen<BR><A HREF="http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com" TARGET=_blank>BFE</A>

Admiral Alistair
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Admiral Alistair » Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:28 pm

I'm waiting for the Vong to encounter the Qella, I mean how long is it gonna take the Vagabond to thaw the planet so it can get repairs?
Admiral Alistair

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:02 am

They said it would take the Vagabond 100years to thaw out the planet. And the Vong would beat the hell out of the Ssi-Ruuk. Except for the fact that the Ssi-Ruuk aren't as corrupt as the New Republic so that might be and advantage. But the Vong all the way.
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Ace Knight 1
Commander

Post by Ace Knight 1 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:23 am

I think that......ummm...yeah go vong...woo hoo :S
Now We've rewritten history.<BR>The one thing that we found out.<BR>The sweet taste of vindication.<BR>Just turns to ashes in your mouth.<P>Where do we go from here?<BR>And should we really care?<BR>The end is finally here,<BR>God have mercy...

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:30 pm

what?! The yuuzhan vong take coruscant! Good god! I havn't got that far yet!

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:32 pm

Vong vs. Aing Tai monks in Kathol Rift. <BR>Shivans vs. Empire (height of power)<BR>Borg vs. Empire (height of power) <BR>I would love to see these wars/battles
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

GreenLeader0
Ensign

Post by GreenLeader0 » Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:23 pm

I'm still waiting for the Chiss to throw all their power against the Vong ;)
One can never have to much good wine, beautiful women, and attention.- Talon Karrde, Edge of Victory I: Conquest

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:30 am

who the heck are the chiss? I have the new book (Rebel Stand) but am only at chapter 6. This is the first book in the NJO series that I have read since last year.<P>Thank you
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:22 pm

The chiss? see: Admiral Thrawn, the blue bartender in jedi outcast (nar shadaa's first level). They're chiss.

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:33 pm

Oh cool, thanxs :) If they have such a big fleet, why has it taken them so long to launch it to help the New Republic? Bastards... lol
<B>Crusade 3 Game Master</B><BR><A HREF="http://swcrusade.ionichost.com" TARGET=_blank>http://swcrusade.ionichost.com </A>

DropZone
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DropZone » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sata:<BR><STRONG>The chiss? see: Admiral Thrawn, the blue bartender in jedi outcast (nar shadaa's first level). They're chiss.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, that's what that bar guy was... I knew I'd seen his species somewhere before!

Admiral Alistair
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Admiral Alistair » Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gryphon:<BR><STRONG>Oh cool, thanxs :) If they have such a big fleet, why has it taken them so long to launch it to help the New Republic? Bastards... lol</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The Chiss prefer not to make pre-emptive strikes against potential enemies unless they evaluate them as an actual threat to their kind or if they kill a Chiss... old Roman customs being put in SW I see...<P>Anyways Shawnkyr and Jagged were sent to evaluate the threat the Vong would pose o the Chiss Consortium... if one were to die well they are obviously a threat ;)
Admiral Alistair

Sata
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Sata » Thu Jun 06, 2002 9:32 pm

Awwww no. I killed the chiss barkeep on JK2, I guess kyle katarn can expect a huge fleet full of blue people with red eyes to attack him while he's on the beaches of spira with jan, talk about a short vacation.<BR> :(<p>[ 06 June 2002: Message edited by: Sata ]

legend43
Lieutenant JG

Post by legend43 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:19 pm

damn. Stupid stormies on the first level keep on killing me. I am stuck at where i think is the end of the level. i found the goggles and killed all of the stormies there and got a little further. Am i close?
ME: I hate censoship. It's gay.<BR>AK: I know @#!$ that!

Azza
Lieutenant JG

Post by Azza » Sat Jun 08, 2002 10:33 am

oi! legend43! Wrong forum! LOL.<P>I thought the chiss were all for the imperial remnant, so they are reluctant to help the new republic, except for Jag Fel, whos uncle is Wedge Antilles?

Gryphon
Lieutenant JG

Post by Gryphon » Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:28 am

It says at the start of Rebel Stand that Jag is human, and Shawnkyr is Chiss but both are from Chiss.<P>I finished reading Rebel Stand 2 yesterday. I thought it was a great book...until the last few chapters :(

Admiral Alistair
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Admiral Alistair » Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:52 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Chiss society pretends that Snydic Mitth'raw'nuruodo does not exist, but they know quite well that we are out here. They send their sons and daughters to this phalanx's academies and bases. They were more than willing to accept the protection and technology that Thrawn's conquests and alliances offered them, and they are willing to accept what we, successors to the grand admiral's goals, can do for them."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It is not the consortium that has any sort of contact with the Imperial Remnants, it is this "renegade" phalanx that makes contact with them.
Admiral Alistair