OPEN BATTLE II: A NEW FIGHT

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: OPEN BATTLE II: A NEW FIGHT

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:32 pm

Micky ran down the halls of the Sovereignty and kept using stealth to get by his former friends. He couldn’t believe that Williams betrayed him like that, and what was worse was the fact that everyone on board believed him. He kept running from one room to another avoiding the troops in the halls. Finally he ran into a room with a gun on a table, he picked it up and loaded it. He was only 20 feet from the elevator and he could hear the troops running around looking for him in the halls… it was only a matter of time till they started searching the rooms.<P>----------------------------<P>Officer Drake noticed a tall building with a huge hole in it, almost as if a ship crashed into it. He blasted open the door to it. The cantina music was blaring through the speakers. A gunshot was heard and his men hit the floor, but Drake stood there shocked. He opened fire at the troopers hiding behind the tables and bar and so did his men. One of the men threw a grenade and it caused a huge explosion in the bar and killed all the troopers. The smoke cleared and the music was still blaring. <BR>“Come on to the upper levels, I have a feeling that one of our men could have crashed up there, or we could have a prisoner.” The men found the stairs and began climbing to the higher levels; they failed to notice the small fire they caused in the corner…<P>----------------------------<P>Micky heard the doors opening and closing down the halls and he decided to make a run for it. He opened his door and ran for the elevator. The blasts came dangerously close to his head but he kept running to the door. His hand connected to the switch and the doors swung open. The republic troopers started yelling and the rest came out of the room and opened fire at the elevator. Micky stayed down and heard the doors close, he got up and hit the switch that would bring him down to the floor that would give him access to the hanger. He knew that they would cut power to the elevator but he just hoped he could get to where he was going before that happened.
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:23 pm

Wolf banked his fighter hard nearly missing an on comming TIE. Bringing his fighter around he spitted the TIE in his sights and turned it into a fireball. The initial attack on the Destroyer went well. They had managed to get the shields down to 20% before the TIEs started launching. Alarms went off letting him know that he had picked up a tail. Dodging the laser blasts Wolf made his way toward the Star Destroyer's Hanger bay. "Xendar get over here and cover me!"<BR>"I would love to boss but I'm sorta busy."<BR>"Dammit."<BR>Seemingly out of nowhere An A-Wing flew past him barely scratching the paint and blew the TIE apart. "Sorry for the wait Boss I got held up for a sec."<BR>"Thanks Nikko. Now do me a favor and cover me I'm going in."<BR>"Will do."<BR>punching the throttle tto the max Wolf continued to head for the Destroyer's hanger. Peppering the Cruiser's hull with laser and ion blasts, getting as close as he could he launched all of his missles into the Hanger bay before the jamming beam blocked his firing controls. Several made minor explosions as they impacted, but a few must've hit something vital as there were subsequent explosions going off as he flew through the hanger bay.<BR>"That did it. she's going down!" Wolf could hear the relief in Andrew's voice as he gave the news from the back seat.<BR>"Alright people that takes care of the main problem now let's sweep up out here."<BR>"Dammit. Eh Boss."<BR>"What is it Braddon?"<BR>"We got another Destroyer comming our way."<BR>"Great just what I wanted to hear. Alright Keep yourselves alive and deal with the fighters. Use the Mon Cal as a sheil, hopefully those gunners will get rid of some of the fighters. We'll just have to let the Two cruisers slug it out themselves. Don't worry Drew I'll get you landed on you ship somehow."
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Bunita Ronin
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:56 pm

The ISD-III <em>Hasker</em> began it's barrage on the Mon Cal. It's commander, Captain Bofor, <BR>ordered the launch of all fighters, to run as cover, and not to attack the cruiser.
"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known..."

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:18 pm

Micky held on and the elevator stopped and the door opened. Surprisingly they didn’t do anything, the hall was dark and only had red lights, which made it harder to see. He was most likely in engineering. He kept running until he heard a noise. It sounded like something shot out of the ship, could Williams be firing warheads? He wasn’t sure; he just kept running till the halls were not all dark. Finally he mumbled there was a window into the hanger. He could see his B-Wing there. He was sure that the tractor beam was online. He saw the door to the room over the hanger with all the computers. Forgive me father he said… he opened the door and shot all the people in there. It took him only a minute until he found out how to disable the tractor beam and all the other unpleasant things that could be waiting for him. There was a staircase to the right that lead right into the hanger, he had to do this right. He geared up and ran to his ship. As soon as he got in he powered up his weapons, and hovered off the ground just enough so he could turn. He fired at the sides of his exit so the magnetic wall would be destroyed. The B-Wings engines fired up and he blasted out of there. First thing he did was hail the friendly ships and warn them of Williams.
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:57 pm

This was really getting out of hand. Dodging aroung another barrage of turbolaser fire from the Cruiser Wolf offed a TIE fighter, only to have another one start to pepper his rear shields with laser blasts. Sure enough Nikko was there to clear it off. <BR>"Hey guys I got good news, bad news and straight crappy news."<BR>"Out with it Canthas." Wolf was really going to have a talk with that Togorian after theyu got out of this.<BR>"Welp the Imps outnumber us ten to one, that Mon -cal is not a friendly and we got help comming in the form of a lone B-wing."<BR>"Well that explains why those Turbo blasts have been so close." Braddon added.<BR>"Andrew do me a favor and get on the horn and tell that dimwit of a Commander of yours that you're on board and trying to get back, please. Xendar See if you can figure out where the <I>Miran</I> is we might have to go get it back sooner than I thought."<BR>"Will do Boss."<P>Alaan waited in the detention area of the SSD <I>Incognito</I>. She had been seperated from Davis when they were brought on board for interrogation. She heard boots sounding outside her door, more Troops come to ask what happened to the last two boarding parties that went on the <I>Miran</I> and dissapeared. No doubt Raines and the rest of the crew were waiting for the best time to make thier move and storm the rest of the ship to cause havock so they could all get out of here but for now patience was needed.

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:53 pm

Amid a maelstrom of dazzling flashes, ear-splitting crashes and searing heat, Gyttel lead Omicron squad, along with their new guest, through a gap in the heavy artillery barrage that was keepin any survivors under cover. <BR>Gyttel's eyes flicked to the map displayed on his HUD, a blibking yellow marker demonstrating the positon of the signal from Bludgeon's comlink. Even with all the damaged buildings in that block, their target was glaringly obvious; marked with a gaping orafice towards the top, an opening three stories high with a twisted solar wing hanging precariously over the street.<BR>The building was doubtlessly structually unstable, to make matters worse, the lower floors were ablaze.<BR>"Activate heat shielding, coolant systems and visor glare shields." Gyttel bellowed into the comlink, "Edge, stay out here and protect the general, the rest of you, let's go." Three of the commandos ran in, with the team sniper crouched in an alleyway with the unknown General.<BR>The heat was intense, Gyttel was thankful for his breath filters, without them he knew, he would asphixiate in seconds. The three men began the long climb up an endless mountain of stairs. Gyttel desparately tried to ignore the ache in his legs, and the rubble raining down on the staircase. Finally, they arrived at the massive hole that was the grave of IP-663's TIE Bomber. Splayed on the floor was the dust covered form of Bludgeon himself, Gyttel slung the black-suited pilot over his shoulder and the team began a rapid descent.<BR>A shadow flicked across Gyttel's vision, he raised his rifle and stepped towards the site of movement.<BR>"Don't shoot! Please, I'm Imperial!" An unsteady voice cried, Gyttel whirled to the source of the noise. It was an Imperial Engineer, clutching a damaged shotgun.<BR>"Come with us," Gytell yelled at him, "if you have a glare shield in that helmet of yours I'd put it on, you can explain what happened here when we get outside."<BR>The group, now numbering five, hurried the rest of the way down the stairs, sprinting through the flaming lobby into the cooler air outside.<BR>"Now," Gyttel said to the newcomer, Bludgeon's unconscious form still slumped over his shoulders, "I want you to do what you can for this pilot, and then tell me exactly what you were doing in that building."<BR>The engineer took a medpac from his pack, Gyttel laid IP-663 on th floor and the engineer went to work, explaining his situation as he did.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:53 pm

history:<BR>Have you ever met one of those guys that just strikes fear into you just by looking at him? Was it cause of his size? Or was it cause of his weapons that he kept out in plain view? Bill was like that. A war veteran from the Clone Wars, he had fought for the republic for a short time as a spy and a mercenary. But those days were long over, since the empire came along and bombed his home planed… but Bill had moved on and did not want to look back. About three years after the end of the clone wars, he decided to live on Nar Shaddaa learning the hard ways on how to make a living. He eventually came across a captain of a ship by the name of Kas Stavs. Kas was a guy that everyone could get along with, he would buy beers for everyone in the bar, he would tell the most amazing stories that you could never forget, and he had one of the best ships out of anyone on Nar Shaddaa, “The Falcon” was a modified Corrilian Corvette. It had more turrets, more firepower, a larger bridge, and it was faster than the average Corvette. One day The Falcon came under fire and Bill was with Kas on their first mission together. The Imperials were looking for Kas now for a while since Kas was a former Imperial soldier but decided to go into early retirement. But the Imperials accused him or treason, five years later the Imperials had caught up with him. The Venator that was following him was now bombing him with some heavy firepower. But Kas was not out yet; he had just installed a warhead launcher on his ship and was aiming for the bridge. He turned the Falcon around and fired destroying the Venator. Things like this had happened a lot for Kas and Bill. One day though Kas’s luck would run out. While at a loading terminal at Baron’s Hed the Imperials found him and assassinated him. Bill took the Falcon and escaped. He had finished all of Kas’s work and lived on the Falcon for along time with Kas’s old crew.<BR>Word had spread that the Rebellion had made a huge impact on the Imperials by destroying the Death Star. Bill was glad to hear this, he had no sympathy for the Rebellion, but he definitely hated the Imperials. Bill and his crew were flying in deep space when their ship came under attack by a dreadnaught by the name of “The Blue Lightning”. Lieutenant Andrew L had been up for a few hours now looking the Falcon. “Not again!” Bill had screamed. His large boots made a great deal of noise as he had made his way to the bridge. Bill had “accidentally” destroyed a Republic Freighter in order to escape the Imperials. Andrew knew someone on board that freighter and vowed revenge. The Blue Lightning launched X-Wings and Y-Wings out of the hanger and harassed the Falcon. They were flying low over Tattoine now and Andrew was not going to let them get away again. The Falcon had hit The Blue Lightning hard, but The Blue Lightning was hitting harder. “Fire Ion Canons!” Andrew had ordered. Bill was not going to loose the Falcon this way he flew into the planets atmosphere to loose the fighters and to loose the ion cannons. Luck had run out again for Bill as one of the Y-Wings from Green group had fired its ion canons and disabled the Falcon. The Falcon crashed in the desert. Green group had reported to Andrew and told him the news. Andrew got to his Lambda Class Shuttle and landed next to the Falcon. Andrew found the door and blew it open, he found the crew scattered around unconscious. There on the bridge was one person lying down. “Bill why did you make me do this to you?” Andrew mumbled. He went over to his body but Bill had been faking and jumped up and grabbed Andrew by the neck and started choking him out. Andrew grabbed his gun and shot Bill right in the stomach. Bill fell down but got back up to Andrew’s surprise. Bill’s Muscular body was almost twice the size of Andrew alone. “Your goanna pay Andrew if it’s the last thing I will ever do is make you pay.” Bill grabbed for Andrew but the young Lieutenant had decided to run for the door. He hid behind his ship and waited to see what happened next. Bill came out into the hot desert, his silver hair shined in the sunlight. He pulled out a concussion rifle and walked around slowly. Bill was an expert at all weapons and usually carried 3 to 5 on him. Andrew jumped out and shot bill’s hand three times causing him to drop his weapon. Then one of the Y-Wings from above got Andrew’s word to blow up his shuttle. The Y-Wing dropped a bomb destroying the shuttle but also causing the wreckage to land on Bill. Andrew took cover in the Falcon.<BR>After the smoke cleared The Blue Lighting sent down shuttles with repair teams on them to the Falcon. They captured the remaining crew and got to work repairing the Falcon. “Why are we repairing this ship?” one of the repair guys asked Andrew. “There is evidence on this ship and it needs to be returned to the Republic.” It took along time but they finally got it done. Andrew started it up and took off with a new crew. The Blue Lighting and The Falcon met up with Rebel ships in hiding. “Andrew we have a new base on Hoth now and we could use soldiers like you there.”<BR>“Thanks but no thanks commander I have some unfinished business, when I am ready I will help you guys finish setting up on that frozen waste land.”<BR>“Understood, until then Andrew.” Andrew saluted and was on his way to the hanger when the commander called him,<BR>“Andrew we searched the Falcon for everything but found not much evidence, its yours if you want it.”<BR>“Thanks commander, I appreciate it.” Andrew was shocked but then made his way to the hanger. He got into a shuttle and docked with the Falcon. A team was already on there. “Lieutenant Commander, welcome aboard.” <BR>“Thanks… uh private…”<BR>“Mike, but you can call me Micky.”<BR>“Ok then lets get going.” The Blue Lighting and The Falcon entered hyperspace.<BR> It was un-wise to not check to see if Bill was dead or not. Bill amazingly survived the explosion. A scouting group found him a few days after the Falcon was repaired; they hospitalized him and gave him an old DX-9. Bill had begun his search for Andrew.<P>------------------------------------------<BR> <BR>Andrew held on as Wolf was yelling at him…<BR>“I had a feeling that this was going to happen… since you guys don’t have rebel markings or are affiliated with the rebels he doesn’t like you. Listen you need to contact that B-Wing and make the jump to hyperspace NOW before we get destroyed”<BR>“Wait, what?”<BR>Just then a dark freighter with 6 Razor Fighters and a DX-9 entered the area, and flew right past the Sovereignty and the ISDs, straight to the planet.<BR>“Now there is something you don’t see everyday” Canthas said.<BR>“I don’t know I have a bad feeling about this” Wolf replied and looked back at Andrew and saw a shocked face.<BR>“We need to get out of here now”<p>[ 15 November 2005: Message edited by: ANDREW L ]

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:00 pm

"How bad is it Andrew?"<BR>The shocked look on Andrew's face didn't change, "Bad."<BR>"Dammit, I'll take your word for it and we'll bail, but not before I get my crew back."<BR>Wolf corckscrewed his fighter through a series of maneuvers to get behind and blast a TIE. "Canthas get that B-wing on our channel, Xendar tell me that you've located my ship."<BR>"Got it boss, the signature's comming through loud and clear."<BR>"Hey Boss," Canthas toned in, "I got Micky on the line."<BR>"Sir Offi..."Micky started.<BR>"Can it soldier, I only need to know one thing. Do you follow Andrew or the retard on that Cruiser?" <BR>"I follow Andrew Sir!" came back a startled response.<BR>"Good you've just been recruited as a temporary member of the Coalition, now get that B-wing in gear I want you to form up on us. We've got us a SSD to burguralize."<BR>"Yes sir!"<BR>"And don't call me sir I work for a living!"<BR>Wolf heard Canthas laughing over the comm as he started to cut his way through the TIEs and made way towards the Incognito.<P>Alaan waited patiently in the interrogation chair as the current set of troopers tried to beat her into submission and release the locks on the <I>Miran's</I> systems. Try as they might the Kur training she got from Roscha kept her from submitting. Whenever the interrogation started her thoughts always went back to her days of training. Back on their homeworld of Miran. Located deep in the Arnon Mountains, stands Daergon's Keep, Training ground of the to the great psychics and NeoChi users in the world. The training was extreamly hard and intense and Roscha's made made everything else pale horribly. So much so that it made anything that these Imperials could do to her seem as if they were tickling her. The only person to ever undergo Roscha's training and still keep thier totally carefree personality was their leader Mako. She missed those days sometimes, back when they fought to end all wars on their planet, before Mako and Roscha's daughter had taken up the role of Peacekeeper and She followed Roscha, Youngkrull and the others to search and find Mako, who was stranded here in this galaxy. Finally tired of not getting any answers from her the troops left. When the door shut behind them Alaan sent a mental message to Raines and Davis. The time for patience was at an end it was time for them to leave.

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:36 am

Bill’s DX-9 hit the ground hard. The fighters flew over the city destroying all other ships in the air. The freighter landed also, a bunch of troops filed out, at least 30. Bill’s silver hair shined in the moonlight.<BR>“Listen up you punks, you are worth nothing, you will go out there and die to get the information I need. Got it? And remember keep the officers alive if you can we will need to question them later”<BR>“Sir yes sir.”<BR>“Good.” The troops ran into the city carrying heavy weapons. Bill loaded his concussion rifle and his E-11 that he had as a side arm. Time to get my ship back he thought as he ran into the city. The fight between the rebels and imperials was still going on but Bill had no love for any of them. He shot his huge blasts from the rifle and killed many.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:28 pm

The going went from rough to damn near impossible. As Wolf and his fellow fighters drew in closer to the Incognito the turbo laser fire got more intense. Dodging and weaving Wolf got a few close shaves that all but completely collapsed his sheilds. Looking at his rear sensors Wolf saw that the his crew was not alone. "Everyone scatter, Canthas cover Micky keep those TIEs off his butt."<P>Things were quiet at first. So much so that Alaan thought that Raines had fallen asleep while waiting. Then the warning klaxons started going off followed shortly after by explosions. Alaan smiled calvary was on it's way.

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:39 pm

"Its about time we get out of here and get a larger ship to help out those rebel fighters, we will deal with the Sovereignty after that. Forget about everything else plan a course for Coruscant.... time to get my ship." Wolf wasn’t sure about Andrew's plan.<P>The battle over the planet was getting worse and worse on both sides. The Imperials seemed to be having problems of their own as one of the Star Destroyers was destroyed on the other side, leaving one left but a SSD and some Corellian ships also. Andrew was not sure how that SD was destroyed but he was glad it was nonetheless. As for the Rebels the MC-40 was still running strong but that dreadnaught was ready to kick the bucket any moment. The Sovereignty must have taking out a SD on their side but it looked bad. <P>As for the battle on the planet… Troops on both sides were a mess and were calling out for reinforcements and support all over. A lot of the troops had moved further into the city to avoid any more casualties. There were generals and commanders trying to get control over the remaining troops but it was a lost cause. Bill’s men were the only ones coordinated, they continued to pound anyone that got in their way, and the concussion rifles each troop held really helped their cause. Some imperials were gathering on the other side of the facility and some rebels were gathering inside some buildings, it was all they had for a base.<P>Micky caught up with Wolf’s ship and followed him…<BR>“Its now or never, we fly to Coruscant to get my ship, or we wait to see if we can get a hold of the Miran, you need to make a choice quickly.” Andrew said.

mateus
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mateus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:15 am

...Someone far away just observes the battle...
<A HREF="http://www.CHIMAERA.com.br" TARGET=_blank>www.CHIMAERA.com.br</A> - Coincidence?<BR><A HREF="http://adp.bluephantom.de" TARGET=_blank>A Dark Prophecy Campaign</A> - Need help!<BR>Work in progress:<BR><B>Malevolent-class SD</B> - <B>M:</B>100% <B>T:</B>45% <B>O:</B>100%<BR><B>TIE Cobra</B> - <B>M:</B>99% <B>T:</B>0% <B>O:</B>100%<BR><B>Acclamator Troop Transport</B> - <B>M:</B>100% <B>T:</B>70% <B>O:</B>100%

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:24 am

From the enternal darkness of the bermuda passage two beings observed the events. They needed not to be present to see - there was no need to see. The darkness saw for them.<P>"Should we intervene?" said one being with a deep icy voice. The voice answering - although much smoother - was as cold as space itself.<BR>"No, " said the female voice. "we have other matters to attend. Prepare to leave!"<BR>"As you wish, my love!"<P>With a roaring thunder 13 massive engines awoke to life. And with a deep blood freezing howl a 14km spear, as black as space itself - appeared from the dark cloud. <P>The Darkness. Once known and dreadded as Traquia, the flagship of the ESS, it was now a spawn of darkness itself.<P>Moments later the demonic ship disappeared into hyperspace.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Damn Wolf thought to himslf. He didn't like leaving his people behind in crappy situations, but he had other things to worry about. Besides knowing Alaan, she'd be breaking his ship outta captivity any moment now. "Listen up folks change of plans five hundred thrity-two. I want everyone to skim across the bow of that SSD and make the fold to Coruscant. Mikey get as close as you can to Canthas' fighter , the Fold bubble should be large enough to pull you along with."<BR>"Uh, Boss I thought we were gonna save the Imps on that SSD from Alaan and the rest of the crew?"<BR>Wolf sighed at Canthas' remark "We'll apologize when we get back With Andrew's ship...if they're still here."<BR>"The Imperials are gonna be sorely outmatched when the <I>Miran</I> breaks free do we really need to bring another ship to this fight?"<BR>"Not just one. Enough chatter get moving!"<BR>Leaving a short message on the Miran's comm, Wolf followed the others as they made thier way across the ship's bow and Folded to the Coruscant system.<p>[ 06 January 2006: Message edited by: Mako ]

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:22 pm

The shiny dreadnight looked brand new as it was docked at the station orbiting Coruscant. A mechanic walked by and whistled, “Cant wait to get back on her and to some action.” Just as he said that a light lit up at the command desk, some one was hailing the station. The man walked over and pressed the button and Andrew’s voice cracked over the speaker. “This is Andrew, is my ship the Falcon ready?”<BR>“Hey Andrew, its Jack, how goes it?”<BR>“Dam it Jack this isn’t the time we are under attack and there is a possibility that we could be being followed. Fire up the Falcon and get her ready for combat. Also get my crew ready to fly with me.”<BR>“No can do Andrew, The Falcon is still damaged it will be another month if we are lucky to get that bird flying again…. But the Blue Lightning is ready for combat.” Andrew had almost completely forgot about the Blue Lightning, his personal Dreadnaught. A lot of firepower and few squadrons of fighters ready for combat in the hanger.<BR>“Jack! Fire her up and get my crew ready…. Also get as many fighters as you can ready.”<BR>“Yessir!” Wolf looked a little upset about leaving the Miran behind with the Imperials. <BR>"Listen I am sorry about leaving your friends behind but we will have a much better chance with my ship and fleet backing us up. I promise that we will free your ship.”<P>--------------------------------------------<P>Jack was scrambling around calling Andrew’s crew together and getting all contact for any Republic ships in the area ready. A bunch of Republic fighters started to gather, X-Wings, Y-Wings, B-Wings, A-Wings, even some other fighters and a Strike Cruiser from the area were glad to help take out some imperials. Andrew’s crew was assembled and ready on the bridge of the Blue Lightning and waiting for Andrew’s arrival.<p>[ 05 January 2006: Message edited by: ANDREW L ]

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:23 pm

dam double post<p>[ 05 January 2006: Message edited by: ANDREW L ]

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:47 pm

A phrase common among spacers with somewhat cynical views of the galaxy is that the two most common things in the galaxy are stupidity and TIE Fighters, yet there is a more subtle phenomenon that surpasses both: random chance. A fact well known by Wil Talik, Republic pilot-on-leave. Random chance was responsible for many things in his unpredictable life, and was responsible for the hyperdrive failure that had just deposited his Z-95 and him into the middle of a pitched battle. <BR>The warblings of the alarms resounding through the cockpit barely covered the sound of his cursing fate. Worse than the fact his damaged hyperdrive had seen fit to take him into a battle was the knowledge that he could not escape, hyperdive capable though his mid-gen Z-95 was, it still lacked the navigational computers that were a standard on the "new" models filling demands in the colllectors' market. Without this, even if his malfunctioning hyperdrive system could reset itself before he was blasted into vapour, he was stuck worse than if an Interdictor was in the area..<BR>Which of course there was, cursing louder, Talik punched the alarm reset button on his left console and powered up his minimal deflectors, something told him he was going to need them. Adjusting course, Talik fervently hoped that there was someone friendly on this planet.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:54 pm

Wolf settled his Starchaser down in the hanger bay of the <I>Blue Lightning</I> while the others waited outside. Opening the canopy he jumped down while Andrew used the ladder. Mikey Brought his B-wing in and set it down beside Wolf's fighter. Wolf looked around as more Fighters came streaming in, along with shuttles carrying troops and equipment. "Looks like you're going to be awhile waiting for your people to get together."<BR>"Not too long I hope,"Andrwe replied, "We've got alot of lives to save not to mention your ship to get back."<BR>"I wouldn't worry too much about the <I>Miran</I> Alaan can take care of her. But just to make sure." Wolf hopped bnack in his cockpit and made a call. A few moments later he got an answer. "Obosa-yo Wolfsan, whatyou doing here? I thought Mako-chan sent you to the Tango sector?" came from the other side of the comm.<BR>"Change of plans Kagato, are they ready?" <BR>"Hah we've had them up and running according to Youngkrull's specs for some time complete with two squadrons of Fodder fighters a piece"<BR>"Good Bring them outta cloaking and meet us here five minutes ago."<BR>"We going to save Mako-chan's hide again?"<BR>"We got an Imperial base that's gotta be turned to rubble."<BR>"On our way." <BR>Just on the edge of the system a vast shipyard with two carreirs in its bays dropped its cloaking shield while the carriers made thier way out of the docking bays. One was an old republic Venator class destroyer dubbed <I>Chakra</I>, the other was of design not seen before. It was a cruiser Mako had managed to pick up while in the deepest parts of the Unknown regions while on one of his hairbrained adventures. Designated as a M.S. Carrier Mako had Named it the <I>Shinru</I> before he had it sent to Coruscant for retrofit.<P>Things were getting more exciting by the second. While The majority of the crew had stayed on the ship, Raynes Commado group had gone in. First there was the initial breakin led by Raynes that set off the alarms. Then there was Alaan's and Davis' prisonbreak which the Imps were really miffed about, and then there was thier retreat back to the <I>Miran</I> which wasn't going all that smoothly. They had met nothing but heavy resistance on the way back and for every ten troopers they took down they lost a comrad. Currently they were pinned down outside the hanger doors by heavy gunfire.<BR>"Damn are we ever gonna get outta here?" asked Davis as he took out another trooper.<BR>"We got another prolem sir." called a commando that was fiddling with the door. "The doors have been locked down, we can't get to the ship from here."<BR>"Oh this is just getting sweeter." Said Raynes as he dodged a laser blast.<BR>Alaan motioned to Raynes after sending a trooper hurtling backwards into some otherswith a flick of her finger. "Give me your commlink." Getting ahold of Ty back on the ship she sent him a distress signal. "Get out here Ty! and make it damn snappy we won't be lasting much longer!"<BR>It seemed an eternity with Raynes team taking a few more losses before the hanger door was blown wide open and the stormtroopers were smothered by huge amounts of Laserfire from the Mech standing in the now bigger doorway. "Hope I'm not late." Came over the Mech's load speaker.<BR>Keeping up complimentary cover fire with Raynes, Davis waited for The Commandos and Alaan to get through the hole and board the ship. "And you said we wouldn't be needing the Mad Cats on this mission." Davis called over to Raynes.<BR>"Ok so I was wrong, so shoot me." Raynes yelled back.<BR>"Later after this is over with."<BR>"Are you two comming along or do you plan on defecting?" Alaan asked as she made her way through the hole and between the mech's legs.<BR>"Comming dear!" Davis fire off a few more shots as he followed with Raynes right behind him, and the Mad Cat bringing up the rear.<BR> Arriving on the bridge Alaan made sure everyone was onboard along with the Mad Cat and got the <I>Miran</I> ready to launch.

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:47 pm

Andrew led Wolf up to the bridge of the Blue Lightning and showed him around. <BR>"Well this is it, we don’t have much time so you might want to get your ship ready unless you would like to stay on board here. The choice is yours."<BR>"Nah I think I will be better help in my ship." Andrew was just about ready to lead Wolf down to the hanger again when his computer started beeping out of control. Andrew walked over and saw 2 ships that had just entered the area.<BR>"I don’t like the look of this. Come here look, it’s a Venator. I haven’t seen one of these in a long time. Mostly imperial i guess, from the clone wars and I have never seen anything like that other ship before. They might have followed us." Andrew looked up to see Wolf's grinning face.<P>------------------------------<P>Officer Drake had just barley made it out of the burning building and gathered all the remaining republic troops into another abandoned building. Allot of the troops were heavily injured and needed medical support. Drake was ready to call Williams but realized that be probably wouldn’t send support down to the location for another half hour. By then they would probably all be good as dead. Drake looked around and noticed more troops coming in. Commander Michaels was one of the commanders that had touched down with Andrew at the beginning, was still alive!<BR>"Michaels! Your still alive!"<BR>"God Drake it’s a living nightmare out there, I don’t know who those new guys are but they are packing some serious weaponry. We need some backup now."<BR>"Here take my communicator contact Williams, maybe he will listen to you." There were 3 medics with Michaels thankfully but they soon had their hands full.<BR>Things began to get really quiet in the building; everyone was listening very carefully now. They heard gunshots going off. Drake looked out a small window that was boarded up. The imperials were trying to make an assault on Bill’s men but were coming up short. The soldiers with Bill were easily out gunning the imperials and making them look like amateurs. This was not going to be an easy fight.<p>[ 07 January 2006: Message edited by: ANDREW L ]

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:15 pm

"No worries fellas they didn't follow us here." Wolf reassured the Bridge crew of the Blue Lighting. "But considering how long it's taking you guys to get ready, they will be leading you back."<BR>Andrew blinked at Wolf. "Those things are fully battle ready?"<BR>"First rule of being in our profession, Always be ready to haul tail with guns blazing in five seconds or less." Getting ahold of Xendar, Wolf had the rest of his compatriots land and meet him on the Shinru. That done he turned back to Andrew, "Well I kept my word and got you back onbaord your ship now it's time for me to get going so I can get mine back. Oh and Andrew, you'd better hurry if you plan on getting in on any of the action, and try to stay out of trouble this time." Giving Andrew a short nod, Wolf turned on his paw and made his way back to his Starchaser.<P>Getting out of the holding bay of Incognito had proved slightly more troublesome Than Alaan had wanted, but break free the Miran did. Alaan still mulled over the message Wolf left her. If this weapon that the Imps were planning on making was as real a threat as Wolf beleived then she had no choise but to help out the remaining Rebel forces. Her decision made Alaan deployed Raynes and what was left of his commandos planetside with the onboard Mechs, And then sent Davis with all manned and unmanned fghters to help with the Imperial threat here in orbit.

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:29 pm

A TIE Fighter span past crazily, its wing panels shattered and its ion engines creating an eratic trail of waving plasma as the TIE's systems failed and it plummeted towards the planet. Fragments smacked off the Z-95's transparisteel canopy, one leaving an ugly scratch on the paintwork as it scraped the hull. Wil's disorientation had got the better of him, and after making a single kill his old ship had taken something of a pounding, his long-range comms down, he started broadcasting a distress signal on all channels hoping at the very least that someone could provide him with hyper co-ordinates to the nearest rebel base. A flash of bright green right outside the canopy momentarily blinded him, a second flash brought with a loud crack and a sickening hiss that meant his cockpit was damaged and haemorriging air, grabbing his face mask, Wil realised his situation was becoming very desperate.<P>***<P>Gyttel ran through the rubble of a collapsed skyscraper, his blaster blackened by sustained fire, his last, half-empty clip in the breech. Looking up he saw a figure silhoutted against the glare of the sun, growing orange as it began to set. The figure had a rifle raised in his direction. Cursing his foolhardyness, Gyttel turned, dreading what he would see. Sure enough, a ring of rebel troopers, who bore their fair share of weary expressions and battle scars had the weapons trained on him, him and the men he had lead here. Throughing his blaster to the floor, raisng his hands and waiting for the inevitable blaster shot. When it came, he closed his eyes, but not before seeing the blue arcing pattern of a stun beam.

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:26 pm

Andrew watched as wolf left the bridge.<BR>“Wolf, good luck out there I will give all the support I can give… and thanks for the rescue now I owe you and your people 2.” Andrew smiled and walked over to his chair. “Ok are we ready?”<BR>“Sir everything is online and ready to use.” Andrew waited for Wolf’s fighter to leave the hanger<BR>“Ok, all fighters prepare to make the jump to hyperspace on my mark.”<BR>“This is red leader we are standing by”<BR>“This is gray leader we are all ready”<BR>“This is blue leader all fighters accounted for” Andrew waited… where is greed leader he thought.<BR>“Green leader are you and your group ready? Green leader come in” He looked up and saw a green a-wing fly by. It looked very old and damaged.<BR>“This is green leader, sorry bout that everything is al set.” And just like that all the starfighters had entered hyperspace, strike cruiser and the Blue Lightening followed right after<P>Officer drake fired his gun at the imperial but kept it on stun. He took a deep breath he was not used to fighting like this he was more of a space guy him self. <BR>“Ok tie this guy up, but not too tight looks like he has had a rough day too.” The fighting was still going on outside and Drake hoped to god that those soldiers did not come in. A medic went over to the imperial and treated him next. Drake was just like Williams when it came to what side a person was on, but this was different… Drake didn’t want to see any more blood spill he just wanted to get out of here. Michaels came walking up. “It is starting to get dark again, once it is dark we are going to move to another building, it is way to unsafe in here, those soldiers finally finished off the imperials… Casualties on both sides but only about 3 for them and allot for the imperials. I think some might have gotten away.”<BR>“There has to be more people out here, we sent in over 12 squads of troops.”<BR>“They are probably doing what we are doing and hiding.”<BR>“Listen we need to regroup. And we really shouldn’t use the communicators, you never know who is listening.”<BR>“Right, for now we will rest now but once it gets dark we are moving out, Johnson! Your up for look out.” A tall soldier got up and went to the window while everyone else tried to relax. Drake nodded and walked over to the remains of a table and sat down.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:27 am

Both The <I>Chakra</I> and The <I>Shinru</I> followed Andrew's dreadnaut into hyperspace the second Wolf got inside the hangerbay.<P>The ride down was entirely too damn bumpy than what it needede to be. It was bad enough that they had to do a combat drop, but didn't help any having those artillery mechs use the dropships for target practice made things worse. Both Ships were hit hard and plunged the remaining distance to the ground. Using the buidings to slow their decent, Raynes managed to get his people through the ordeal in one piece if not unharmed. Doing a quick rollcall Raynes got his people together in their mechs, which copnsisted of two Mad Cats and four Vultures. Uploading the coordinates that Wolf had left behind that led to the Imperial base Raynes and his team headed out.<p>[ 13 January 2006: Message edited by: Mako ]

Will T
Lieutenant Commander
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:12 pm

Wil struggled with his flight stick, his fogged cockpit forcing him to use his sensor systems for guidance. Adjusting course for the largest population are and centre of activity, he glanced at his emergency oxygen supplies. Fifteen minutes left, he had fifteen minutes to make it into the atmosphere. <BR>Focused as he was trying to stop his battered Z-95 falling apart, it took him an unusually long time to notice his comm system bleeping, the signal that came was faint and Wil struggled to hear it,<BR>"Commander Talik, this is New Repblic Cruiser Shadow, we have picked up your distress signal, do you need assistance?"<BR>The question seemed rather absurd to Wil, distress signals usually required assistance, nonetheless he was grateful for the reply,<BR>"Shadow this is Commander Talik, I've dropped out of hyperspace right into a pitched battle, Republic forces are already here but I don't think they've noticed me, I think they would appreciate any assistance you could give them, I'm damaged and heading for the planet surface now, I'll contact you when I land and await further orders."<BR>"Understand Commander, the Shadow is on the way."<BR>The Shadow was only a Lusla-Class, Wil knew, but the Republic forces here were going to need all the help they could get. Locking in his selected landing zone, he continued his descent.<P>***<P>Gyttel awoke slowly, squinting in the glare of the setting sun, he looked over at his captors and called one of them over. The guard walked over to him, hand gripping a blaster pistol. <BR>"Let me talk to your leader," Gyttel said, "I am a high ranking Imperial officer, I have a right to at least talk to your superior." Either the guard was too tired to argur or he too understood the situation, he went over to the man Gyttel had seen before he had been shot. After a brief conversation, the two men walked back to Gyttel.<BR>"My name is Drake," the second man said, "I'm the commanding officer of these men."<BR>"As i am the commanding officer of my men, you see them, over sitting over there?" Gyttel pointed and Drake nodded, "Three of them are Imperial Commandoes like me, they're under my command. Another is an Imperial Engineer operating in an artillery brigade, he followed me because he had no choice. The last as in Imperial Pilot, and he is very badly injured," Gyttel continued, Drake nodded in comprehension, he knew what was coming.<BR>"My men I know I can do nothing for, but the other two did not choose to be here, they've suffered enough, let them go. I understand that will be difficult but perhaps we can work out some sort of deal for them, they don't deserve the fate that awaits them if they stay in your custody."<BR>Gyttel almost spat the words, dealing with these rebels was not only an immensely difficult thing for him contemplate, but he knew his superior would not be happy about this...were they still alive. <BR>The rebel looked concerned, he had obviously seen his fair share of action today and was unsure how to proceed, Gyttel stared hard at him as he waited for his response.

ANDREW L
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:43 pm

The Blue Lightning exited hyperspace and began bombing all the ties in the area. All the fighters followed and some left the hanger. The Strike cruiser followed and turned quickly to the SSD. The battle just started to get worse for the imperials.<P>Drake looked over and saw the men. He sighed, “Listen I’d love to help you but I am not sure what is going on out there, there are these soldiers that are carrying concussion rifles and other heavy weapons on them out there, if I let you go you will probably die… unless you think you can get the hell out of here.” The man though a while but didn’t respond right away. Michaels watched in the back and didn’t look too happy about the whole situation, he knew that what ever any side did they were probably going to die.