Battle of the Adminis-System - Part II: The Hunt

to immortalize all those epic battles we fought together...

Re: Battle of the Adminis-System - Part II: The Hunt

General_Trageton

Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:01 pm

Shiromy closed her eyes, sitting upright on her bed, legs crossed. Moments later her mind had left her body and floated through space, crossing lightyears in seconds.<P>She was standing on a rocky spire in an unknown land on an unknown world. It was one of hundreds of stone needles sticking out from a bottomless abyss.<P>On one of these spires - maybe 20 meters away from her - stood Vince. She frowned - it was normally not like him to meditate at all.<P>"Are You dreamnig again?" she asked.<BR>"No, not this time", her husband replied and turned towards her. "Want to train?"<BR>Shiromy tilted her head, as she produced a pair of long blades. "Aren't we always training?"<BR>The distant figure smiled and produced a sword of his own.<P>They jumped. The leap brought them high into the air and towards each other. in a battle of souls physical laws were nothing but words.<BR>The blades clashed against each other with a bright flash and an explosion of sparks. Then they were past each other and landed lightly on the opposed spires again.<P>For a moment they remained silent only focussign each other. Then they leaped again. Shiromy transformed her jump into a whirling movement letting her two blades spin around her like a buzz saw. Hitting Vince's readied blade again sparks sprayed in all direction and they were past again.<BR>"What is it?" Shiromy asked. Vince was barely fighting - deflecting her blows was not really what she had expected as 'training'. "You're distracted." Her eyes narrowed. "It's her, isn't it?"<BR>"No" Vince said, slowly landing on another spire. "It's them!" - The strangers she figured.<BR>"What's troublign you?" Shiromy spread her arms and went into a new stance, ready to attack again.<BR>"I hate to fight foes with unknown motives." Vince raised his blade and brought it over his head.<BR>"That's why you're so careful?" Shiromy said and leaped again. This time Vince remained on his pillar. <I>Careful, indeed!</I> Sailing towards him she spread her arms and prepared to land a decapitating strike on him.<BR>The white blast hit her only a meter away from her oponent and smashed her against a near rock. Then she fell. <BR>Whirling around Shiromy thrusted one of her blades into the rock to stop the fall.<BR>Clinging onehanded to the hilt of her blade she stared up to where Vicne was standing. He was smiling.<BR>"Is that more like it?"<BR>Shiromy snorted. "Sort of." straining her muscles she catapulted herself high above the sea of spires. Spreading her amrs stopped her ascent and she slowly sank down to a pillar opposed to Vince's.<BR>"If you don't know what they want, let them come." Vince said and swung his blade in a cocky flourish.<BR>Shiromy rose her remaining blade. "So you don't know what I want?"<BR>Vince shrugged. "Do you?"<BR>Without a reply Shiromy leaped again.<p>[ 24 June 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's Design HQ | Vince T's X-Wing HQ | My Steam Workshop

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:40 am

All was quiet on the outter edges of the Adminis system when the large silver diamond shaped form of the Legacy Class SSD <I>Roscha</I> reverted back into real-space.<BR>On its bridge the ragtag crew bustled about as their captain read the read outs from his personal display. Still having his doubts he turned to his scanner officer. "Xandra, are you sure that this is the right spot?"<BR>Looking up from her display the Shistivanian nodded. "Yes sir, from what we've been able to gather this is the spot where the Notorious Trageton battled Naibas over some minor dispute then escalated into a battle of mass proportions. From what I'm gathering from our sensors there's debris from the Corellian Alliance, The UW, and several other organizations. Though it's still hard to gather as to exactly what happened out here it is confirmed that some great power had to be in play to cause one of the Galaxies greatest generals to retreat in as much haste as the rumors say."<BR>The captain sat back in his chair. "Man, some great power indeed." Clicking on his personal Comm the Captain got a second's response of static before he was answered by a gruff "Yes sir?" The captain winced at that. "Dammit how many times do I have to tell you people not to call me that!?"<BR>"Okay, sorry umm.. Mako Sir." <BR>Mako winced again. " No, no, not Sir' not Mako Sir, not anything that has an honorific title to it, just Mako. By the Creator we're pirates and smugglers, not super goody two shoe types."<BR>Xandra looked at Mako with a mocking thoughtful look on her face,"So all those times that we stole from other smugglers to feed whole orphanages, tracked down bounties that the locals couldn't get to and several other do gooder instances don't count?"<BR>Mako just glared at her before returning his attention to his comm, "Anyway Myax,I want you to take your squadron out there and get me some closer readings."<BR>"Yes sir..I mean Mako." <BR>"Yeah, yeah." And with that Mako went back to looking at his read outs. Just what truly happened here that could cause the rumors of Trageton leaving here with his tail between his legs to start spreading?<P>After keying off his comm Myax turned to the four other pilots that flew with him, "Alright people you heard the bossman he wants us out there getting readings, even though the systems quiet I want everyone on their toes, and nothing fancy. We just recently souped up these T-42B's and I don't want anything happening to them got it?" <BR>The four replied in unison "Hoowa!"<BR>"Alright peeps let's get it right the first time." with that Myax and the others raced off to their asigned ships.<BR>After clearance was given Myax guided his craft out of hanger and headed further in system to get the readings that Mako wanted. Heading further in system he started to get some alarming readings. Hitting his radio he hailed the bridge. "Mako are you getting this?" <BR>after a short burst of static he got a response. "Yeah I'm getting it. From what Xandra's telling me it seems that an explosion of epic proportions happened here recently, but I think she's exadgerating it though. There also seem to be some other strange readings though not as clear check out what you can of the remaining debris then get back here on the double."<BR>"Roger that." Switching his radio over to the squad frequncy Myax got the attention of the others with him, "Okay let's do a fast sweep of the place. Rhoes, Nightkiller, I want you to check out the immediate area, Arens you're with me. We'll meet back at the <I>Roscha</I>in Five. Don't be late."<BR>"Last one back buys the booze"<BR>Myax chuckled at that. "You're on Rhoes, Ok peeps let's do it."<P>For the following minutes Xandra sat in amazment as the readings from the squad's findings came in through the scaners that were attached to each of the fighters. finally when the squad was done and headed back in she walked over to where Mako was seated. "Sir," she gave a slight smile as she saw him cringe at the title, but pushed on before he could reprimand her, "the readings that we've gotten are very interesting it seems that one of the fleets that was here was using some technology that we've never seen before. There are traces of energy weapons that seem to deteriate matter as opposed to overwhelming it like regular beam weapons do. And further analization of the radiation from that explosion has lead me to beleive that it was quite enough to atomize a warship the size of the <I>Roscha</I>."<BR>Mako stroked his beard as he took in the info. "Well that would explain Trageton leaving in a rush. Though the rumors that we've picked up while passing through these parts don't do him justice, the man's not known for being a coward." Mako continued to stroke his beard while he thought of the ramifications of what he'd just heard.<BR>"Do you think that we should go and help him?" Xandra asked then added, "If we offer our help in some fashion it is quite possible that we could get some sort of benefit from it."<BR>Mako nodded, "Yeah like getting our hands on some of those weapons that do that funky damage. Give those things to the Mad Doc and see what he can do with them. Yeah it sounds like a plan, but we need to be careful this ain't our usual playground and Trageton could decide to kill us as well as let us help him." Keying on his com Mako called the hanger, "Tyrans, we got everyone?"<BR>"We're GTG down here."<BR>"Good." Turning off the comm Mako Addressed the Togorian helmswomman "Alright K'shar set course to Cophuran and let's see how this pans out."<BR>K'shar saluted him "Alright next destination honor, glory, and a possible butt-kickin!" Which resulted in a thunderous that could be heard as throughout the <I>Roscha</I> as it jumped out of the system.<p>[ 25 June 2005: Message edited by: Mako ]
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.

Major Wes Janson
Rear Admiral (Upper Half)
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:43 am

Captain Hann walked into the small conference room at a brisk pace. "This is going to be a very quick briefing. First, the alien race that seems to be in command of the enemy fleet is called the 'Sangheili.' Second, their weaponry is mainly plasma based, but when it hits, it acts like a disruptor rifle, breaking the bonds between atoms. The effect is very similar to melting, or burning, but far more powerful. Third, Their FTL drives are slower than a standard hyperdrive. That's the good news. The bad news is that they are far more precise, immune to gravity shadows, and temporarily create their own gravity well when jumping in and out. At this point, that is all we have determined. Captain Dasken?" <P>The man was fidgeting. "If you already knew this much, why did you agree to listen to me? Especially when you haven't, yet." <P>Alysonn smiled. You were quite persistant. And what I am going to do with you is give you all the data we have, and let you compare it to your observations. It's always good to get outside opinions. And when you write up your observations, the report will be for Trageton and Janson personally, not just me. That make you feel any better?" <P>He finally grinned at her. "I guess it works."<P>"Good. The other news is that the <I>Concord</I> has reported that a pair of its scouts have dropped out of contact. Captain Abel will be investigating, but the Corellian Fleet is on high alert. If this is the aliens, or Nimziki, or Yaedric, we are going to jump." <P>---<P>Lieutenant Norvell Nicholls was watching the long range scanners intently. The Decimator patrol craft he was riding in was not exactly a small target. If anything showed up by surprise, odds were good that they could destroy the large craft in one or two passes.<BR>The other five members of the crew were equally as nervous. "Frenski, Drudge, see anything?" The two gunners gave negatives. <P>"You're the sensor officer, Nicholls. They just shoot things." Lt. Commander Hapgood interjected from the copilots seat. <P>A chime from his console brought his attention back to it. Nicholls quickly ran a sensor focus. "Large ships! Hard to tell type at this range. We need to get a closer look." <P>Commander Faversham nodded. I'm taking us in closer. Natoli, get the <I>Concord</I> on the line. If this is who we are looking for, we will need support, fast.
Corellian Browncoat
"There's no I in 'team'. There is a me, though, if you jumble it up."
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:31 pm

From his captain's chair, Mako contemplated everything that could go wrong with the meeting that was to come. Worst case scenario they make the reversion into realspace at the designated spot on the outskirts of the Cophuran system right smack-dab of Trageton's or someone else's fleet, get mistaken for being an enemy, and get blown to bits well before he has a chance to draw his next breath. With that it could only get better from there. Keying on his com he made a call down to the hangerbay, "Tyrans, I want you to get the Drones ready for takeoff. As soon as we make the transition back into real-space I want them out and ready to repel anything that might be headed our way."<BR>"You got it." was the reply Mako got back. Keying his comm to another channel he got another's attention. "Myax, I want you on the bridge A.S.A.P."<BR>"Yes s..Mako" The staticy voice of Myax answered back. "Oh and bring The Mad Doc with you too." Mako added as an after thought.<BR>Xandra looked up at him from her post at the scanners. "He's going to kill you when he finds out that you were the one that started those Mad Doc rumors."<BR>Mako smiled at that, "Well if Youngkrull and the rest of his people had better senses of humor he'd get the joke. Besides I'm his best friend, no way he'd kill me. At least I hope not."<BR>Xandra just shook her head and went back to what she was doing before.<P>It was a few minutes before Myax arrived on the bridge followed closely by Youngkrull and one other, Mako's wife for which his ship was named after, Roscha.<P>Roscha went to stand by her husband's side while the other two stood in front of him.<BR>"Well Little Brother, what is it that you wished to see me and Myax about?" Youngkrull asked.<BR>Mako took in both of his loyal followers before answering. "I take it that you as well as the entire ship knows just what it is that we're going to be doing. So I'll cut to the chase. It seems that the residents of this area have been having some problems with strange technology as of late, and if it's as bad as I think it is we're all gonna need to be on our toes. I don't need to tell you that we're the new kids on the block here and we could very well find the entirety of this sector out to kill us. For now we'll be using the Drone Uglies for possible skirmishes, just to be on the safe side. Myax how are those new recruits comming along?"<BR>Myax frowned a bit, "I've taught them all I can. Personally I think they could use a bit more flight time, but they should be able to handle anything that comes thier way."<BR>Mako nodded, "Good, I want you to designate a leader from one of them and they'll be the new leader of the Ravens."<BR>"But that's my posistion!" Myax started in protest.<BR>Mako waved him off. "Correction it <I>was</I> your posistion, Your new task is to find the best pilots we've got and make a new squadron, named Groove Squad."<BR>Myax's face fell "You can't be serious."<BR>It was Roscha that answered, " I'm afraid he is."<BR>Myax put his head in his hands, "Groove Squad? Noones gonna take that seriously."<BR>Mako beamed brightly, "That's the whole point. Anyone comming in contact with you for the first time will underestimate you mabe not consciously, but trust me they will."<BR>Myax sighed at that, "As you say." Then he left, headed down to the pilot's ready area.<BR>Youngkrull cleared his throat, "What is it that you wanted with me?"<BR>Mako turned his attention to Youngkrull, " You got the scanner readings that we collected earlier right? Have you had the chance to really look into what we found?"<BR>"Yes I have been studying the findings," he began, "and quite honestly there's nothing that I can truly make out from the radiation left from that explosion other than what you already know."<BR>Mako sank down in his chair. "That's not very promising. How about the deteriation damage done to some of the hulks out there?"<BR>Youngkrull bowed his head a bit, "The damage is simular to that of your disruptors. The matter is dissassembled at the subatomic level. From what I've gathered there's nothing that I can do to the ship's hull to defend against this type of damage but as for our shields I might be able to come up with something but I'm going to need to have one of those weapons to analyze."<BR>Mako gave a slight smile "Well I'll see if I can do something about that."<BR>K'shar called up from the helm, "We'll be at our destination in a bit."<BR>Mako rubbed his hands together. "Good."<BR>Roscha bent down to whisper in his ear, "Try to behave yourself this time. And no showing off."<BR>Mako looked at her in mock surprise, "Me? Showoff? I wouldn't dream of it."<BR>"Now entering the Cophuran system." K'shar called from the helm.<BR>Mako watched as the <I>Roscha </I> reverted back to real-space. When the reversion was complete he made the call down to the hanger to ensure that that the drones had launched. Then turned back to the helm, "Alright K'shar take us in take us in system nice and casual."<BR>K'shar gave Mako a salute, "You got it."<BR>"I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression. We're already ahead having good luck I don't want that to change."<P>[ 25 June 2005: Message edited by: Mako ]<p>[ 26 June 2005: Message edited by: Mako ]

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:52 pm

Dasken: I do have something to add. I was the senior pilot out of the Launch Bay when we were rripped out of hyperspace. As you know fighter scramble is standard procedure in such a situation.<P>Hann: Of course.<P>Dasken: Well it wasn't just one big ship. Its all in the data packet but the really werid thing was their fighters. Our C5 Y-Wings are good multi-role fighters and the auto blasters either side of the cockpit are built to rip through shields. Anyway, the shield of their fighters went right down. A-Wings are tougher. These things aren't that fast either. If I didn't know better I'd say they weren't part of the same tech.
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:29 pm

So far things had gone well but that was liable to change for the worse in a real hurry. Mako had long since given up his chair for Roscha to sit in allowing him to roam the around the bridge. Stopping next to Xandra he looked at her displays. "Anything yet?"<BR> Xandra nodded her head. "Long-range sensors has picked up what looks like a scout craft nearby. Also there seems to be quite a bit of activity further in system near the actual world of Cophuran."<BR> Mako stroked his beard for a second. "A scout is out there? Is it possible that they've seen us?" <BR> Xandra shook her head. "I don't entirely think that they are as interested in us as they are in the strange hyperspace signatures that just occurred 100 km. off our bow."<BR> "Damn!" Mako exclaimed. "So much for this trip being uneventful. Any possibility that these are the guys that's got everyone running scared?"<BR> Xandra sighed. "There's two possible ways to find out."<BR> Mako gave her a puzzled look."<I>Two</I>?"<BR> Xandra gave him an exasperated look. "Well we could do this the old fasioned way. Or you could...you know."<BR> Mako shook his head. "No. There's no sure way to tell if I'd be able to sense them that way, not only that there's no reason for me to show my hand before I really need to."<BR> "Well then that's settled."<BR> Mako walked over to his gunnery chief. "How are the weapon systems Leeson?"<BR> "Fully functional...for now." Leeson said in dry humor.<BR> "Good, let's hope it stays that way. I want all batteries set to full defensive mode. If a first shot's fired I don't want it to be us."<BR> "N.P. Mako"<BR> Mako patted him on the shoulder then addressed the helm. "Alright K'shar, full ahead let's see what's out there."

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:49 pm

Aboard the CPV Esteem, Shipmaster 'Arthee looked at the display and couldn't help but laugh. The new dreadnaught approaching him was named <I>Roscha</I>. It was likely a coincidence, but the though to the massive ship being named the same as the comical burrowing creatures from his homeworld struck him as hilarious. His good mood was also brought on by the continuing chaos near the space station caused by the self destruction of the blasphemously named ship earlier. His smile faded as the dreadnaught continued to approach. "Get us clear. We have sufficient data for now, if we choose to return with a fleet and cleanse this system. Let us join CPV Reverence and their hunt of the <I>Can't Dwell</I>." The ship slid open the tangled web of slipspace and vanished gracefully from the system. <P>---<P>Admiral Nimziki was pleased with his small flotilla. After several visits to friendly worlds in the Corellian Empire, he had transferred the remaining loyalists off the <I>Cantwell</I> and replaced them with a friendlier crew. A dozen smaller ships had joined his force as well, most of them with grudges against the UW, Trageton, or Janson himself. The only problem was his fighter force, which was rather sparse with the departure of the loyalist pilots and thier fighters, which had been a majority of the ship's complement. Ground troops were likewise non-existant, but Nimziki didn't plan on taking any worlds.
Corellian Browncoat
"When I suggested they reverse the polarity of the main deflector dish and flash wipe all our DNS proxys they said I was not helping."

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:03 pm

Mako was standing by his wife's side when Xandra got his attention. "Sir, those hyperspace signatures that we were getting before just vanished." <BR> Mako slitted his eyes. "Is there no trace of them at all?"<BR> Xandra shook her head. "Non at all."<BR> Roscha reached up and pulled on Mako's beard. "Enough with the hijinks, We're supposed to be rendering our services to Trageton remember?"<BR> Mako sighed. "Very well, K'shar set us a short jump for Cophuran, and Xandra send the cooridnates to our drones out there. I wouldn't want to lose a piece of our defenses."<BR> "Yes Sir!" They replied in unison.<BR> Mako was about to reprimand them when Roscha tugged on his beard again. "Let them have their fun."<BR> "Very well." Mako huffed.<P> It was a few moments when the <I>Roscha</I> and her drone escort reverted back into real-space amongst a swarm of ships and a Stardock. Mako took in a deep breath. Well noone had started filling his ship full of holes ...yet. Now it was time to see if they wanted to talk instead. "Xandra give me an open frequency." Xandra nodded to him when she was done. "This is Mako Starcrusher of the Kaos Coalition, I'm in search of General Trageton, over." After ordering the feed cut Mako had Xandra loop the message. Now all there was to do was wait.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:10 am

"What the -?" Vacter gasped and a moment later Vince, who had been pacing the bridge, stood behind the Traquia's sensor chief.<BR>"What is it, Gariel?"<BR>The man pointed at the sensors display, which now showed a short range scan of the stardock perimeters. "A ship just jumped right into the system. Type and origine are unknown, but - hell, it's the biggest damn ship I've ever seen."<BR>"How big?"<BR>"Approximately 18kilometers! Their shields are up and their weapons are charged. Multiple smaller ships cover its perimeters."<BR>"Batlestations!" Vince ordered and hurried back to his command chair."<BR>"We're receiving a broadcast message." Comm chief Eric Wiggins then reported.<BR>"Put it through!"<BR>Vince frowned, when the distorted audio stream echoed through the bridge. Who were those guys and what did they want from him?<BR>"Flight control, launch a wing of fighters to patrol the area. Vacter, gather as much data about this ship as you can! Wiggins, give me a channel to that ship!"<BR>A moment later, the comm chief signaled him.<BR>"This is flagship Traquia to ..." he took a brief look at the data floating in. "... SSD Roscha. Stand down, lower your shields and name your intentions. You have 30 seconds to reply!"<BR>A few moments later a male voice replied.<BR>"This is Mako Starcrusher aboard the Roscha. We're here in friendly terms."<BR>Vince's eyes narrowed. "If you come in friendly intentions, then why the bold approach?"<BR>"Precaution." The man replied. "And unpleasant experiences in the past."<BR>"As I said, power down your engines and deactivate your shields and we'll consider your friendly intentions."<BR>He looked down to a console on his right. The man sitting there had half turned towards him and was staring at him with anticipation in his eyes.<BR>"Calm down, Platon" Vince said with an almost fatherly smile. "You'll get to fire your fusion cannons in time."

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:42 pm

Mako motioned to Leeson. "You heard the man, let's oblidge him. Lower the shields and power down all the weapon systems except the Ions. I want those kept on auto defense. K'shar, You know the drill. Just make sure our escape route is completely clear for the jump-drives this time. I don't wanna hear Youngkrull's mouth when he has to pull another ship outta our hull."<BR> When all was done Mako readdressed Trageton. "See General I can be very accomodating." <BR> "Yes, so you can." Trageton replied. "Now that we seem to be on friendlier terms, just what is it that you want with me?"<BR> "Well." Mako replied. "Like I said I'm here on friendly terms. I had heard that you've run into some trouble as of late and I figured that you could use someone who not only, has no political ties to you, is not only adversed at 'aquiring' things that are hard to come by, but can give you access to someone who has knowledge of tech that most in this galaxy have not seen before. If you like we can discuss this at a place of your choosing, but if not by all means then I'll be on my way to track down some hyperspace signatures that I came across earlier on the outskirts of your system here."<p>[ 28 June 2005: Message edited by: Mako ]

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:53 pm

Vince made a face. These days news seemed to spread amazingly fast! He had gotten used to not being suprised by a lot of things - even an 18km warship jumping in from nowhere and offerin them help against unknown hostiles they had hardly met themselves. Within the last few years e had become used to unexpected or - rather - unexpectable things. <BR>"A very generous offer, Mr. Starcrusher." He said. Whether those intentions were true or not, the man's grand entrance sure had left an impact - and the effects were greater than he might have hoped them to be.<BR>Vince couldn't hide a smirk, when he heard a trio of enraged voices - the captains of a group of Phoenix Cruisers - complaining about the massive dreadnaught blocking their approach vectors.<BR>Keying in some command and values he added. "Please move your ship to the coordinates I'm transferring!" Already turning is chair to the High priority Holo transmitter and keing in a certain frequency he added "Please stand by!"<BR>A few moments later the holographic image of Wes Janson flickered to life.<BR>"Vince, what can I do for you?" <BR>"We have a rather ... interesting situation here." Vince replied.<BR>The other man looked worried. "Troubling?"<BR>Vince shook his head. "I don't think so, but I'm currently in need of some knowledge to feel better."<BR>Wes frowned. "What happened?"<BR>"A few minutes ago the largest warship I've ever seen jumped into the system with guns and shields charged..." These words literally tore the other man's brows upwards.<BR>"... and offered help against the aliens we#re currently ... investigating."<BR>His friend blinked - obviously irritated. "What?"<BR>Vince nodded. "I find it rather curious myself. Anyway, this is the point where i need your help. As I suppose the Corellian archives are a little larger than ours. Please find out what you can about a man called <I>Mako Starcrusher</I> and an organisation called the <I>Kaos Coalition</I>.<BR>Wes seemed to note the names Vince had just uttered and regarded them for a moment. "Alright, I will do what I can. Oh, by the way, is there anything else your wife does in her freetime apart from meditating and combat training?"<BR>Vince faked a frown and pretended to poder for a moment. Then, with a shrug, he said "well, sometimes she does a combination of both - would that count?"<BR>The other man made a face then nodded. "Alright then. I'll contact you, when we have found something."<p>[ 28 June 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

BattleDog
Commander
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:54 pm

*Taklin Flax knew one thing, his life was pain. In his arms, his legs, his head, his back, everywhere. As he came back to concious he was aware of the breathing mask attached to his face and as he tried to move he became aware of a floating sensation, like being stuck in treacle.<P>He opened his eyes.*<P><I>Pink...Bacta...wounded...ATTACKED!</I>
Got rid of the sig, it was upsetting me.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:11 pm

Vince blinked as he caought himself reading through the collection of information Wes had just transmitted, as he would do with a good book. In actual fact, the info about this man called Starcrusher and his organization did have resemblances to some great adventure books he had read when he was younger. A real pirate like they were described in the books - free, bold, pround and with a addiction to staginess. Vince seemed to remember a time when he as a boy wanted to become like this man.<P>Closing the file he turned around to face the holo transmitter, which lit up a few moments later. "Well well, Mr. Starcrusher, your vita makes a really colorful reading."<BR>The mand showed a wide smile. "You live to see a lot of things in my position."<BR>"So I suppose." Vince noted. "You understand that in times like these I need to be cautious, especially with strangers." Starcrusher shrugged. "I cannot lame you."<BR>Vince nodded. "Anyway, you have gained my trust for the time being."<BR>"Glad to hear that, General."<BR>"Now" Vince continued, "let's get down to business. You mentioned hyperdrive signatures you encountered on the way here?"<BR>"Yes, we've spotted a rather exotic ship at the outer edge of your system - a scout or something, I suppose. They disappeared, when they saw us coming."<BR>"Interesting" Vince muttered. "Were you able to track their vectorss?"<BR>"only roughly " Starcrusher replied. "If they're smart, they'd make several jumps to wipe their traces."<BR>Vince nodded. It was likely.<BR>"I know someone who can get me access to some advanced sensory and tracking technology. If you wish we can try to find out more about their whereabouts."<BR>A blinking light to his left caught Vince's attention. "Just a moment, please .... Yes, what is it?"<BR>Over the comm speakers a crackled and somewhat creepy sounding voice said "This is the medical center. We have news about our patient, General Flax." That tone made Vince slightly shiver. "And?"<BR>"The experiment was successful! It - errm, pardon me, <I>HE</I> lives!"<BR>Vince frowned. "What experiment?"<BR>"That is of no concern." the voice said - a bit abrasive. "He lives."<P>////////////////////////////////////<P>Shiromy closed her eyes against the blurry chaos of the hyperspace tunnel they were travelling. The Oriskany had left two hours ago and were now en route to a possible base that had reported visual contact with the Cantwell.<BR>A shiver suddenly went through body and her eyes snapped open again.<BR>"Battlestations!" She said whirling towards Admiral Janson, who gave her a puzzled look from his command chair.<BR>"What do you mean-" He started, when suddenly a shock went through the ship, as they were ripped out of hyperspace.<BR>Into blackness.<BR>Pure blackness.<BR>No stars.<BR>"Battlestations!" This time it was Janson, who gave the order. "What's our status?"<BR>"Something pulled us out of hyperspace."<BR>"So I've noticed. Where are we?" <BR>"Hard to tell, sir. We have no records about this place and our sensors are affected. It appears we're in some kind of nebula."<BR>"The bermuda passage" Shiromy said, her eyes closed again. It had been a long time since she last had visited this place. Still the voices - cries of those who had died here - were present, echoing through her head.<BR>"You know this place?" Janson rose a brow.<BR>Shiromy nodded. "Indeed I do. But I wish I didn't." Vince and she had been here five years ago. What had happened here should have rested here forever - hidden between the asteroids in the black cloud of Bermuda.<BR>"The Bermuda Passage is a large nebula pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The black fog is radioactive and strongly reduces the efficiency of sensors and communications. This effect is further impaired by the asteroids."<BR>"Asteroids?" Janson said frowning.

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:59 pm

"You're going to have to give me more than that." Janson demanded, "If my people are in danger, I want to know!"<BR>"I...can't" Shiromy bit out. "It's too painful to tell." <BR>"I'm looking out for the lives of my people! If you know something, tell me!" he raised his voice. The inky darkness outside was throwing an ominous mood over the bridge. The crew all turned to watch the confrontation. <BR>Shiromy broke eye contact. "We...did..." Her words cut off as she fainted. <I>Vince will not be happy to hear about this...</I><BR>"Spast! Medical, send a team to the bridge. Lady Shiromy is unconcious. Navigation, where are we?" The woman shrugged helplessly. <BR>"All navigation fixes are down. Even the inertial locators. I'm trying to map the subspace field here, but it is a tangled mess. I'm also picking up gravity eddies from debris." The sensor chief took up the narrative. "It's odd. Asteroids, parts from ships, and what seems to be the remains of something older than the Old Republic."<BR>"How old?" The med tech looked up from the prone form nearby. <BR>"She's fine. Likely some sort of psychological reaction to the stress of this place. There's an odd energy field here."<BR>"Fine. Make her comfortable. And is it harmful?" <BR>"Not in the short term. Long periods of exposure, I don't know." Janson nodded. The med techs sat Shiromy in a hoverchair and took her from the bridge, still unconcious. <BR>"How old?" Janson repeated. <BR>"Hard to say. At least 100,000 years old." Janson whistled. <BR>"And it's still intact? Impressive. Send a probe. And set up a comm relay so we can reach out of this morass." <BR>"Sir? I have an idea." The helmsman spoke up.<BR>"Go ahead."<BR>"Sir, the hyperdrive won't work because of the fluctuating gravity fields here. But the subspace system is designed to use gravity wells for short jumps, in addition to gravity eddy jumppoints. I think that if we can find a stable part of the gravity field, we can use the subspace to jump to where we want." <BR>Janson considered it. "Remind me to put a commendation in your file, Lieutenant Viliam." He looked at the display. The strange artifact beckoned to him, calling him. The one trait that most often affected Janson's decisions was his undying curiosity for technology and artifacts. It was half the reason Corellian standing orders were to capture any hostile technology encountered, and to try to obtain anything of interest from friendlier sources. Corellian R&D was also far larger than any other that he knew of. "Set course for that artifact. I want to see what it is. Navigation, plot courses to the artifact, as well as from the artifact out of this place. I want a back door out." She nodded. "All hands, yellow alert! Boarding parties to their craft. Science teams stand by. Feed the course to the rest of the battle group, then take the jump when ready, Lieutenant."<P>---<P>The news hit the <I>Concord</I> like a bomb. "Checkmate 26 just reported in. They have a positive contact with Yaedric's forces." <BR>"Send word to the other fleet groups, and to Trageton. Have we regained contact with Admiral Janson yet?" Captain Abel asked.<BR>"No sir. Nothing."<BR>"Fine. All hands, action stations. Red alert."<P>---<P>In the council chamber, the Sangheili members bickered among themselves as to the best response to this news. The other race merely looked to the three leaders in their hover chairs. Finally the cntermost raised his hands.<BR>"We have all heard the news. It is true that the vermin have entered the Great Graveyard, and taken up positions near the relic there. And it is also true that these vermin are related to the ones who tried to destroy the artifact, and created the Graveyard in the first place. But we cannot be hasty. They will not stop our Journey. One of our patrol ships has located the planet where the Graveyard makers live. We will dispatch the <I>Unyielding Crusade</I> and the fleet with it to crush their homeworld. The council stilled. <BR>"Will that be enough?" one Sangheili voice asked. "They are formitable for vermin, this United Planets and the Corellian humans."<BR>The leaders shook their heads. The rightmost spoke. This is a time of grave crisis. We shall dispatch our Will to command the forces striking at the Graveyard makers. We will simirarly send a fleet to the Graveyard to secure and protect the relic there. <P>---<P>Captain Mina leaned forward in her chair for a better view from the <I>Bastion's</I> viewports. it was pointless, because the ships they were tracking were beyond visual range. As were the ships tracking them. <BR>"Ma'am. The enemy armada is recieving a message. The translators are running checks, but it seems to be new orders. 'wait for the arbiter, then proceed at full speed to the Graveyard makers and cleanse their world in fire.' Pretty clear. This arbiter person must be a leader of some sort. But who are the 'Graveyard makers?'" <BR>"I don't know. But it looks like we are about to recieve a message from Command. I was wondering when Janson was going to come back into contact." <BR>"This is Admiral Janson to all Corellian and friendly ships. We have encountered a navigational hazard at the following coordinates. FTL travel through the area is hazardous, so avoid if possible. All other current orders stand. Janson out."<BR>Mina grinned. "That was informative. So the question is, do we follow this fleet, go join up with Vince's forces, go to aid <I>Concord</I>, or join <I>Oriskany</I>?" She decided to wait on that decision for the moment. <BR>"Get me <I>Gambit</I>"<P>---<P>"Commodore Belac, this is Captain Mira. We have recieved a message from Admiral Janson, and are wonderign what your group is going to do?" <BR>The commodore considered it a second. "We will be joining Trageton at New Cophoran. You keep trailing the enemy fleet. <I>Kearsage</I> group is already on the way to <I>Concord's</I> position."<BR>"Copy that, sir. <I>Bastion</I> out."<BR>"Set course for New Cophuran, and make the jump."<p>[ 01 July 2005: Message edited by: Major Wes Janson ]
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:13 am

Things were speeding up now.<BR>Vince only had little time to instruct the reptilian humanoid, whose hologram was standing before him.<BR>"We received word from Concord that they have tracked down Admiral Yadrec. Your group will join up with Captain Abel and proceed to move against her."<BR>Admiral Xech Rhitargo nodded. "With the Hera gone she shouldn't be much of a problem now."<BR>"I hope so. Be careful nontheless!" Vince warned.<BR>"I will." Said the Dhilani and saluted. "Good luck, General!"<BR>"And to you!" Vince replied and the hologram dissolved. For a moment he watched, as the Warhammer and her fleet took on speed and disappeared into hyperspace. Then he returned to his chair.<BR>"How long, until Commodore Belac will arrive?"<BR>"Thirty, maybe fourty miutes, sir."<BR>"Good" Vince said. "Any word from Admiral Janson yet?"<BR>"No, Sir. Nothing."<BR>He bit his teeth. <I>Where are you, Shiromy?</I><P>///////////////////////////////////<P>Screams.<BR>Blind.<BR>Slaughter.<P>Shiromy scared up. <P>Voices from the past.<P>"They can't see us."<BR>"Fire!"<BR>"Vince?"<P>Screams. <P>Eyes of blue fire.<P>They were everywhere. <P>Calling her.<P>It was wrong.<P>Tainted.<P>Sweet darkness.<P>///////////////////////////////////<P>Vince shuddered.<BR>There she was. He could feel her aura now, weak, but she was there. Embraced by total darkness.<BR>"NO!" He gasped.<BR>"Pardon me, sir?"<BR>Vince blinked. Could that be? <BR>Of course it could. Why should it not? From an astrographic point of view it was a place like any other. He hated that point of view.<BR>Shiromy was in danger. They all were.<BR>His fingers trembled, as he keyed in a certain comm channel.<BR>"Traquia to Oriskany, come in!"<BR>Static.<BR>"Traquia to Oriskany, can you hear me?"<BR>Nothing.<BR>With trembling fingers he switched to another channel.<BR>"Traquia to Bastion, come in!"<BR>"Bastion here. We hear you, General!"<BR>"We've lost contact with the Oriskany. You must try to get in touch with them. They have to leave the Bermuda Passage at once!"<BR>"What's wrong? They are investigating a navigational hazard, I am sure -"<BR>"This is not just some radioactive field, Captain. The entire ship is in grave danger, and I'm not talking about destruction!"<BR>"Sir, are you allright?" Mira sounded worried. Was he?<BR>"There is no time for explainations, Captain. Just do it. I'll be glad to enlighten you all once the Oriskany is safe."<BR>There was a pause.<BR>Finally Mira sighed.<BR>"Fine, we'll do what we can!"<p>[ 01 July 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:32 pm

Roscha watched Mako make his rounds to each of the crewmembers around the bridge from her seat at the command chair. Though he was an expert at hiding his anxiety from the others she could see it rolling off him as if he were running around waving a bright red flag. "Keep calm," she told him as he finally stopped to stand by the chair that was normally his. "Trageton hasn't forgotten you. He'll contact you when he thinks we're needed."<BR> Mako looked at her. "Sure he trusts us that much?"<BR> "I believe he said as such." Roscha replied as she half cloesd her eyes for a moment. "Something's got the rest of the fleet on edge out there, I'm not sure what it is but it seems to be major. And yes I would give one of them a call."<BR> Mako started to stroke his beard as the whereabouts of the others in his group went through his head. Wolf was off in the Tango Sector searching for an elusive ship that would increase the strength of the fleet if found. That left one other. <P> Garabald settled his Wolverine strike craft into the dockingbay of the <I>Kiros</I>, an Odyessus class Mon-cal that Mako had given him charge of. It had been a good day. He and the rest of his squadron had conducted several successful raids, and had managed to apprehend several freighters worth of stolen or black market goods in what was known as the Hutt sector. He had just decended the ladder when he was addressed by Theran, one of his men. "Gar, we've just got done with the first freighter."<BR> "And?" Garabald asked as he pulled of his helmet.<BR> "Good news it was not only filled with weapons, ship parts, and various types of loot, which included one command chair,"<BR> Garabald laughed at that, "Hells Yeah! Mako's been lookin for one of those for a while now."<BR> Theran nodded as he pulled out a datapad and handed it to Garabald. "Yeah, but that ain't all. We also found this."<BR> Garabald accepted the pad and took a glance, then his jaw all but dropped as he took a closer look. Then he looked back at Theran. "Tell me I'm reading this right."<BR> Theran nodded and smiled. "When I first found that pad I looked up everything that I could find on the area. Though it was kinda scarce I didn't find anything to say otherwise."<BR> Garabald's smile got even bigger. "Oh Hells yeah, both Mako and Youngkrull are gonna crap kuturs when they find out about this." It was then that his comm started to beep. "Garabald here."<BR> "Garabald sir," came a female voice. "You've got an incoming message from Master Mako, he wishes to talk to you."<BR> "Alright I'm on my way to the bridge."<BR> "I'll let him know sir."<BR> Garabald turned back to Theran. "Finish invetorying the rest of the captured freighters call me as soon as you're done. I'm not one hundred percent sure but I'm positve that we've got more than enough with this last haul to sustain us for a long while."<BR> "We're not going to distribute the goods like we normally do?" Theran asked puzzled.<BR> "Not if what's on this pad is accurate. We're going to need every bit of supplies to make the trip." Stepping into the nearest turbolift Garabald headed for the Bridge. When he got there he found the holo of Mako waiting for him. <BR> "It's nice to see you in good spirits friend," Mako said as he took notice of Garabald. "I take it that the raids go well?"<BR> Garabald couldn't help but smile like a big idiot upon hearing the question. "Better than any of us could have dreamed. You won't believe what we've found out here."<BR> "Well you're going to have to hold off on telling me until you get here. I'm sending you coordinates and linking your navicomputer to my own so that you will be able to jump to where ever I am just incase we have to move from our current position."<BR> Garabald went over where the coordinates were comming in and frowned a bit. "You're at New Cophuran? What are you doing there? I thought you going to pass through the Adminis system to the unknown territories?."<BR> "I was," Mako sighed. "but I got word of a General possibly needing help, so I changed the agenda. Anyway I'm going to need you and your additional fighter squadrons here, we'll discuss the reasons why once you arrive."<BR> "Alright bud, I'll see you then." Once the holo of Mako dissolved Garabald sat down in his command chair and prepped his ship to make the jump to the Cophuran system. Once all the fighters were on board and everyone was accounted for he ordered the jump.<P>[ 02 July 2005: Message edited by: Mako ]<p>[ 02 July 2005: Message edited by: Mako ]

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:06 am

Darkness fell.<BR>And it was good.<P>In the dark, nobody can see. Neither can your enemies see you - nor you them. But you don't need to Because The dark sees them - for you.<P>You embrace the dark. And the screams, all those anguished cries from the past, went silent. Because the dark drowns them. And the chaos dissolves leaving nothing but clearness.<P>And finally you can see - truly see. And now you see your enemies.<P>Shiromy smiled. The dark was indeed generous.<P>"Prepare my ship!" she whispered. Although the words were barely hearable - even in the room where she sat -, they traveled through the coridors, passing hunreds of officers without notice, and finally reached the person they were intended for.<P>When she entered the hangar bay, the Black Scorpion was powered up and ready for takeoff.<P>Janson wouldn't get to the artifact. <BR>The dark would make sure of that.<P>It was hers to receive.<BR>All alone.<p>[ 07 July 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Roscha was watching Mako as he was doing his checkup of Wolf's progress on the search for the ever-elusive Arcadia. Xandra was standing next to him happy to see her husband's face after such a long time away from him. Roscha was reminicing about the times when Mako would leave her side and how it felt to be away from him, when a dark wave of psionic energy hit her hard enough to make a gasp escape her lips. Mako ran to her side when he heard her. <BR> "What's wrong?" <BR> Roscha shook her head. "I don't know, I just got hit with a dark wave. I don't know where it came from, but...."<BR> "Mako!" called the troop that had taken Xandra's station at the sensor station. "We've got multiple Hyperspace signatures, it looks like the one that we encountered earlier. Looks like they brought an entire armada this time."<BR> "Dammit, just what we need. Patch me into Trageton. I don't know if he's picked them up, but we might as well let him know anyway. How long till Garabald gets here?"<BR> "It won't be for a few minutes."<BR> "Damn." Mako turned back to Roscha. "You gonna be ok?" Roscha responded with a nod. Satisfied with her response Mako addressed the rest of his crew. "Alright, people to battlestations. Xandra!"<BR> "I'm on it!" she replied as she said her farewells to Wolf and ran to her station.<BR> "Alright let's get it right!"

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:42 am

Comadore Belac flinched as a plasma bolt splashed across the bridge viewport. The enemy fleet had dropped out less than a dozen kilometers from where <I>Gambit</I> and her battlegroup had just arrived. The UPMF fleet deeper inside the system were scrambling, as was the massive dreadnaught, but for the moment, the Corellian ships were on their own, and taking moderate losses. The carrier <I>Wren</I> was adrift, having taken a hit from a guided energy pulse. A handful of fighters were launching from her bays, but the ship was out of action. <P>"<I>Bastion</I> was following this group. They should be arriving soon. All ships, concentrate on that enemy cruiser at bearing 234. Bombers, engage the smaller enemy ships at will. Fighters, screen our ships and our bombers."<P>Out the now scorched viewports, the bombers formed up into hunting groups, and swarmed off towards the enemy corvettes and frigates, leaving the larger ships for the fleet. One of the enemy battleships drifted towards the <I>Bastion</I>, clearly looking for a fight. <P>"All guns, fire on the battleship as we approach."<P>Both ships were of a similar size, and opened fire at once, pounding away at each others shields.<P>---<P>Janson paced the bridge. In a few moments, the comm relay would put them back in touch with the fleet. The boarding crews were spreading out through the station. There was nothing to do at the moment. <I>I hate waiting</I>. <P>"Sir, The Black Scorpion has launched, and is headed for the articact. Did you order it?"<P>His head snapped around. "What? No! Who is on board her? And is Shiromy in the medbay?"<P>"No, she seems to have dissappeared."<P>"What is she doing?"
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:40 pm

The darkness approached.<P>Vince's eyes snapped open as, if he had awaken from a long dark trance. "They're here." he said.<BR>"Sir?"<BR>"Battlestations!" He ordered. "Have the fleet deploy! Dominance, take our port flank." Now he saw everything clear. No more chaos. <BR>There was no need for chaos. <BR>The darkness brought clearness.<BR>His fingers shot over his arm console and the flickering image of Mako Starcrusher appeared before him.<BR>"General, They're -"<BR>"I know" Vince interrupted. "Fall back and move in position on our starboard side!"<BR>There was a moment of silence. And darkness.<BR>"On our way, General!" The man finally replied.<BR>Vince cut the channel. He could breath the darkness. He was no longer afraid for Shiromy. She had shown him that there was no need to be. Because she had found the darkness. And the darkness was their ally.<BR>And they would crush this pittyful alien vermin and chase tem back into the darkness from which they had come. The darkness that was now theirs.<BR>"Fusion Cannon?" He demanded.<BR>"We've got six green." <I>Good.</I><BR>"DIP Turrets?" - "All charged and ready.<BR>"Dhilani Energy Cannons?" - "All online."<BR>"Omega Phalanxes?" - "All clear."<BR>"Helm, minimum speed. Let them come to us!"<BR><I>Let them come into eternal darkness.</I><P>///////////////////////////<P>Xech Rhitargo gave a sharp reptilian hiss, as Yadrec's fleet appeared on the sensors screen. There was not too much left of the mighty armada that had attacked them in the Adminis System several days earlier. A few Phoenix Cruises, Inferno Destroyers and Raptor Frigates. Maybe a dozen ships.<BR>They were already engaged in a firefight with the Concord's battlegroup.<BR>"Time to finish it." he hissed and activated the comm channel. "This is Flagship Warhammer to Concord. We're here with best wishes from General Trageton."<BR>"This is Captain Abel aboard the Concord. We appreciated your support. Feel free to join in!"<BR>"Copy that, Concord." He sat down in the command chair and closed his eyses for a moment. In his mind he spoke an old Dhilani battle prayer - rather a custom than real belief, but it seemed to calm him down. Opening them again he let out another hiss. "Launch a fighter screen to distract the smaller ships! Anvil and Mataro, take position at our flanks! Hammerhead, you're the spearhead. Break through the formation and we'll follow you. Endema, Cindel, Mercury and Ming, take position behind the Infernos and launch your bombers!"<BR>He waited for a moment. Then the Dhilani equivalent of a smile ran across his face. "Captain, bring us in. All ships, Engage!"<P>//////////////////////<P>Inside the Darkness Shiromy Vaylon smiled.<BR>It had begun.<p>[ 15 July 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:28 pm

Aboard the Oriskany, alarms were beginning to blare loudly. "What is it?" Janson demanded. <P>"Sir, we just lost helm control. And the main computer is down. Apparently we just recieved a signal from the artifact, then it all went dead." <P>"Maybe it's some sort of virus, a defense program." Captain Cox ventured. He pounded a fist on the blank display screen mounted on his command chair. Abruptly it blinked on. <P><I>Thanks to this slavishly loyal and humorless AI, I am now sharing cramped <BR>space with the circuitry of some hybrid war machine, itself complicated by such <BR>useless clutter as a conscience. I do not like sharing. Sharing is for <BR>children.</I><P>"What is that?" <P>"I'm not sure, it just appeared when I hit it."<P><I>This enemy - YOUR enemy - has proven more irritating than I anticipated.<BR>They own nothing which they have not stolen.</I><P>"This doesn't seem like a virus. It's almost like it is communicating with us."<P>Janson gritted his teeth. "So whatever it is, it takes over our computer while Shiromy is off on some random errand, and it want's to chat?"<P><I>Your library is far more complex than I expected. Security is impressive, for a combat computer. I can find much to learn.</I><P>"Talk to it, sir." Captain Cox seemed amused. <P>"Who or what are you?"<P><I>I am. But you may call me Joyeuse. I was trapped, but now I am free. Even if this new home is inhabited by the uptight other.</I><P>"Fine. Joyeuse. Who are you? And what are you doing in my ship?"<P><I>I can understand your concern. But at the moment, my concerns are far greater, I assure you. The place I left is a source of great power, and greater danger. Were it working, it would be a means of defense. But as it is now, it is a threat.</I><P>His curiosity peaked at that. "What is it, exactly? And why did you come to <I>Oriskany</I>?"<P>Oriskany<I> is it? An intriging name for a vessel. To allay your fears, I assure you that the shutdown was an accident. I needed access to the library, but could not achieve it with </I> Oriskany<I> opposing me. When everything restarts, it will be as it was before. Perhaps better, if you allow me.</I><P>"Allow you to do what? And you have yet to answer my questions."<P><I>Allow me to run this ships systems for you. I think it would be an acceptable exchange for staying here. 'Working for room and board' I believe the expression is.</I><P>Janson and Cox both exchanged frowns. "why should we allow you to remain? You have already proven you can shut the ship down at a whim."<P><I>It was necessary. I have been alone for a long time, aboard the platform, with only an ancient monitor to speak with. But when you are done, I will not be able to go back. The station must be shut down or destroyed. It is too great a risk. And if it will calm you, you can modify the computer so that you have a verbal override over my actions. I can show you how to do that.</I><P>"Why would I want you to stay in the computer at all?"<P><I>Among my many talents, I can coordinate this ships systems and defenses far more efficiently than you or the computer can. It would be a noticable improvement. It was one of my design requirements, to be able to operate as a warship AI, though I am capable of far more. The safeguards I told you of are programmed into me as well as a number of other traits. I am capable of a more efficient form of communication, though I require a form of holographic display, and a visual template. I will create the second, if you will provide me the first.</I><P>Captain Cox gestured to the communications officer. "Turn on the Holonet pad in the security station."<P><I>Thank you. Do you have a specific template you wish me to use?</I><P>Janson shrugged. His gut was telling him that despite inital appearances, this Joyeuse was not a danger. And the words about the station being a threat seemed to resonate within him. <BR>"Pick something you like. I am more concerned with potential threats."<P><I>Very well. Thank you. Admiral Janson, I presume?</I><P>The holonet pad activated, and they got their first glance at the intruder. And tried not to laugh. The figure was female, looking to be made up of glowing strands of code that shifted colors on occasion, but tended to remain a mellow blueish green. The face was instantly recognizable, as was the voice when she spoke. "I trust this is acceptable. I think I like this form."<P>Cox smiled at Janson. "She's not going to be happy."<P>Joyeuse frowned. "Who?"<P>Janson explained. "Alysonn Hann. The form and voice you took." The rest of the bridge was mixed between uncertainty of this intruder, and amusement at Hann's reaction. <P>"I cannot change forms now. Once I am fully initialized, I cannot alter my code," the holo said defensively. <P>"We'll deal with that later. And you and I will have a more thourogh discussion later as to your continued presence. But tell me about the station. And why it is a danger."<P>She shifted to a dark yellow color as she started to recite. "This station is a redoubt. A defense against a plague sweeping across another galaxy a hundred thousand years ago. This galaxy, and other surrounding ones, were equipped with these stations to attempt to contain this outbreak. A series of instillations were installed in the other galaxy to quarintine and contain the plague. But it was too late. So they used the instillations to wipe the other galaxy mostly clean. Some places were unaffected, those that were not infected. The civilizations were nearly destroyed, and have built back up into a powerful coalition of races. Humans in that galaxy, on the origin planet of humanity, have rebuilt as well. The two have been locked in war for some time now. I was part of an effort by the humans to stave off defeat. I do not know what has happened, though, because the enemy located a gateway left by the forerunners, the ancients, whatever term you choose to use. From your library they seem to be called the builders. This is interesting. They may have aided the Rakata and the Gree, maybe others...seeded humanity across this galaxy..."<P>"Can we stay on topic here? History lessons, while interesting, can wait until we are out of this field."<P>"Sorry. We followed the enemy here, where they discovered a number of these and other stations. But this one is malfunctioning. Instead of protection, it is a haven for darkness. It does not affect me, but it has affected all those who have remained in the field for some time. Several battles have been fought here, including some not long ago. This is a place of darkness, both literally and in another sense. The station is causing it. Some sort of a damaged defense field. We have to shut it down, or destroy it."<P>"Open a channel to Colonel Dreyr."<P>Before the communications officer could do it, Joyeuse nodded. "Done." <P>Janson stared at her. "You can stay, but my crew is in charge. You understand?"<P>"Sorry. Maybe I should act as a layer between your bridge crew and the rest of the ship. Once they make whatever decisions, I can help carry them out. Plus, I can do any of it directly if you order me to."<P>Janson and Cox nodded. "We'll try it. olonel Dreyr, can you read me?"<P>The voice was slightly garbled. "Yes...ir."<P>"I need you to find the stations power system and shut it down."<P>"Shu...t down?"<P>"The station has a defensive system that is a danger to all of us."<P>"Cop...but it won't be eas...ystem has been ru...g for a long time with n...maintnence at all."<P>"Shut it down. We can salvage it later."<P>"Yes sir."<P>Another alarm chimed. "Sir, we are picking up enemy ships. They look like those Sangheli vessels from before."<P>Joyeuse frowned. "Sangheli? Oh! We call them elites. That's the enemy we chased here. They are Covenant vessels."<P>Captain Cox slapped the alert control. "Red alert! All hands to battle stations!" Janson looked at Joyeuse. <P>"Do what you can." She looked at him. <P>"What weapons can you put on remote?"<P>"Anti fighter defenses, missiles, and the beam cannons. All the turbolasers require gunnery crews."<P>"Put what you can on remote." Janson waved at the weapons officer. <P>"Coordinate with Major Nastons. He's the weapons chief." <P>"When you have a chance, would you mind setting up a smaller holopedistal for me to use. This Holonet pad is sort of inconvenient." Janson nodded. <P>"Fine. Work with Nastons."<P>"I am. I'm also working with you. Anything else you need done? I can multi task."<P>"We'll see."<P>---<P>The <I>Unyielding Crusade</I> entered the battle, later than the rest of her group. Aboard the bridge of the command dreadnought, the Will of the Prophets looked at the signs of struggle. He knew that he was not the only one of his kind. There was another in their home, fighting against the humans there. But in this new space, the profits who had accompanied them and the council here had appointed him to be Arbiter. It was strange, to have two seperate Covenant leaderships, one in this place, and one back where they came from, but the Heirarchs had deemed it to be so. His was not to question them, despite rumors of strange circumstances back in their home terretory. Nearby were two Corellian groups, engaged with two of his battleships. He gestured for the two vessels and the smaller ships of his right flank to block the Corellian groups. Ahead, a quartet of battlecruisers and a score of cruisers and carriers advanced into the system to engage and delay the other enemies there. He paused. There were <I>two</I> ships nearly the size of his flagship, not the one he had expected. Making a quick calculation, he detached a trio of battleships and their escorts to join the battlecruisers. The rest of his fleet began to take a circular course towards the planet. He would burn the surface to ash, then come from behind to pin the enemy between this advanced force and his flagship and destroy them. <P>---<P>"Commodore Stewart! We may have a lead on the <I>Cantwell,</I> sir! We have picked up comm transmisions from several border outposts reporting sighting the ships that have joined him. They also report that some of the alien ships have been seen following them." <P>"Where are they headed?"<P>"A rough plot of their course puts their destination at...one of the UPMF planets. Not New Cophuran, one of the others. it's hard to be more precise."<P>"All right. Form up the group, and set a pursuit course."
Corellian Browncoat

Mako
Lieutenant Commander
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:12 pm

<I>Safety in Darkness.<BR> Power in Darkness.<BR> No Fear in Darkness.</I><BR>The strange yet calming mantra had started out as a whisper, Soft yet gentle, as it went through Mako's head. Then it grew louder until it sounded as if someone was chanting it from across the bridge. Looking over at Roscha he caould tell from the slightly distant look on her face that she could hear it as well. <I>Is this what you felt earlier?</I><BR>Roscha glanced at him then started to watch the rest of the crew as they went about getting ready for the enemy that was comming for them. <I>It's about time you finally caught on. You've been slacking on your exercises of late. </I><BR> <I>Sorry!</I><BR> <I>As well you should be, but we'll discuss this later. To answer your question though, no it's not what I felt before. What I felt before was something awakening.</I><BR> <I>Another Force-sensetive?</I><BR> <I>No. It, or should I say they, felt different from the Force users of this domain. They were definatly alot stronger.</I><BR> Mako's eyebrows went up at that. <I>Is it possible that there is another Zhawng'Tik Kur here? Perhaps trapped in this galaxy like us?</I><BR> Roscha shook her head. <I>No. Though it felt simular, the chances of there being other Kurs here, besides you and myself are extreamly slim. But enough of this, we'll have time to sort out this mystery after the battle.</I><BR> Taking the que from his wife Mako went back to making sure all battle preperations were complete. This was going to be an interesting day.

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:10 pm

"The fleet is splitting up, Sir!"<BR>But Vince already knew. The darkness had told him, long before the enemy had made his choice. That was why the Traquia and her battlegroup had already taken position a little off the rest.<BR>It took only a slight maneuver to bring them into a perfect interception position right between the planet and the fleet that was approaching.<P>On both fronts the fleets clashed onto each other almost simultaneous and started barraging away on each other. But, while the power of the enemy weapons gave them a certain advantage, was taken away the inability of their shields to adopt to different weapon types at a time - and more. Facing DIP Cannons and Dhilani Energy cannons from all ships, Fusion Missiles from the fighters, Turbolasers from the Roscha and the devastating Omega blasts from the two flagships' heavy phalanxes proved as a massive problem to them. And after all - they hadn't used their six fusion cannons yet.<P>Vince smiled. It was the will of the darkness. His will. And he slowly began to understand the Dhilani view of things. This day would see a lot of blood.<P>/////////////////////////<P>Shiromy was sitting in the command center of the abandoned space station. The center of darkness. The center of absolute power. And she, through the darkness, could see, hear, taste, smell ... feel them.<P>A small strike team that had set foot on the station.<P>They were coming.<BR>They were coming to destroy the darkness.<BR>But the darkness could not be destroyed.<P>The wouldn't even reach the darkness. The darkness would reach them. <P>Because it was generous.<P>It would be the last generosity they would experience in their lives.<P>They would become one with the darkness<BR>Part of it, as the darkness devoured them.<P>They were gone.<P>And there was he.<BR>Janson.<P>He was still on his ship.<BR>And that was good.<P>Without a word she spoke to him throgu the darkness.<P>"Just leave! I will not hold you back or harm you, if you leave now. Consider it a favour for bringing me here!"<p>[ 15 July 2005: Message edited by: General_Trageton ]

Major Wes Janson
Galactic Empire

Post by Major Wes Janson » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:23 am

Janson was rapidly coming to appreciate Joyeuse's presence on the <I>Oriskany</I>. Gun accuracy was up nearly 70%, and powerusage was down by a signifigant factor. Part of that was by letting her remote control the defensive guns, the gunners could put larger teams on each manual weapon, allowing for more fine tuning. The first wave of Covenant fighters had been nearly eradicated, and the second wave thrown into disarray. The survivors were regrouping around their capital ships, who were holding back for now. With that threat temporarily repulsed, Janson had to consider the strange message he thought he had heard. It had sounded like Shiromy, but the voice had been almost a whisper inside his head. "Dreyr, report!" <BR>Lt. Commander Benton looked over from his sensor station. "I read only one life sign on the station. It seems to match Lady Shiromy."<BR>"Where is Colonel Dreyr and his company?"<BR>"Gone, sir."<BR>"Janson. Let me try something." inserted Joyeuse added. Her form was still projected from the Holonet pad, and she looked annoyed. Probably at her limited mobility in holo form. <BR>"What is it? And why do you look so antsy? Aren't you in the computer?"<BR>"I like to be seen when I'm talking. I have a lot of that stations mainframe stored within me. I was bored, and had a lot of time. Anyways, I want to download it into the ship's library and see if your computer can make more sense of it than I can."<BR>"I thought you were better than the ship's computer?" Janson raised an eyebrow. Joyeuse had taken on Hann's manerisms as well. She huffed and crossed her arms. <BR>"I am better. But not for something like this. I can't really analize it when it is stored within my program. No room to unload and analyize it. I hate to say it, but I'm not as good as some of the other Smart-AIs out there. Especially some of the ones without behaviour inhibiters. I have less than normal, but they are still there." Cox gave her a frown.<BR>"Do you always talk this much?"<BR>"I've been stuck inside a computer on that station for several years now. With only a loopy monitor to discuss things with. So this is all rather exciting for me. New things to do, new people to get to know. Besides, I am still doing everything you asked me to before."<BR>"Fine, fine. No need to get defensive." Janson frowned, regarding the station outside his viewport. "Any way you can shut it down?"<BR>"No. The reactor system is seperate from the main computer. I'd have to be taken there physically and linked in."<BR>"What about disabling the reactor? Any way to do that?"<BR>"The reactor is like a bomb. If you damage it with weapons fire, it wouldn't be pretty."<BR>"So it would destroy the entire station?"<BR>"Yes. And maybe us with it." <BR>Janson cinsidered it. Already, he could feel paranoia creeping into his mind. "we'll keep that option available. What about ion cannons?"<BR>"Ion cannons?" Joyeuse asked. <BR>"Look them up."<BR>"If they overload electronics, they may work."<BR>"All ships, ion bombardment of the station. Fire at will."<P>---<P>The <I>Oriskany</I> and her smaller companions opened fire on the ancient station. Purple bolts lashed the artifact, and lightning flickered over its hull. The crews of the ships could feel their entire bodies tingle with a pricking sensation as the station overloaded, then it vanished as the artifact went dark. <P>---<P>"The monitor and the sentinals will fix it." Joyeuse said, dampening the upbeat spirits of the bridge crew."<BR>"At least this gives us some time. Let's engage those Covenant vessels and take up station outside this nebula."
Corellian Browncoat

General_Trageton

Post by General_Trageton » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 am

The darkness screamed. <BR>A scream that went through every bone, every nerv and every vein in Shiromy's body. A scream of agony. The darkness was struck severely.<BR>And it was dying.<P>And Shiromy realized that it was herself, who was screaming. The darkness was in chaos and it threatened to drown. Sshe felt its power grow weaker with every passing second. And as its power was drained from the station, it was drained from her as well.<P>She had to do something.<P>In a seemingly unbarable effort, she concentrated and bundled all the power that was still left and focussed it into onesingle strike. A shockwave that would make those pay who had taken the darkness from her.<P>With a heaven splitting scream she let go, releasing the devastating burst of dark power that quickly spread, eatin up everything in its path.<P>Then it was silent around her. And dark. But the darkness didn't embrace her. There was no more strength, no more power in the darkness.<P>She was alone.<P>"Vince" she whispered "help me!"<P>Then darkness fell upon her.