Custom Hangars

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderator: JeremyaFr

Re: Custom Hangars

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:25 pm

So far so good with the Player only invert stuff. I'd say adding some indicators for the Shuttle, player and droids would be a nifty thing to add to the XWA Hangar Map Editor eventually. Basically have it read the stuff from the [HangarObjects] section. No rush there, that something for quality of life/ease of use for others later.

I'm gonna test the IFF stuff now on a Dreadnaught.
Image Image Image Image Image

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:24 am

Tests are going well, I have an IFF coded Nebulon B frigate I finished. It made me wonder if I could sub out the animated shuttle for a TIE fighter. I can, but its orientation in the hangar is a little wonky. I wonder if its possible to adjust the initial heading position of the animated shuttle while parked? Ideally I'd like to be able to specify any heading and make it turn to face the hangar exit, but I'd be happy with a straight forward heading and launch. I could replicate NPC floor and rack launch fighters this way.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:51 pm

WIP

Hello,
I've updated the WIP version.

I've added a ShuttleOrientation setting.
To set the shuttle orientation, set "ShuttleOrientation = value". value is an unsigned integer. The default value is 43136.

EDIT: link removed

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:23 pm

That's fantastic. I will experiment Immediately.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:46 pm

WIP

Hello,

I've added PlayerOffsetX and PlayerOffsetY settings.

To set the x position offset of the player craft, set "PlayerOffsetX = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To set the y position offset of the player craft, set "PlayerOffsetY = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To set the z position offset of the player craft, set "PlayerOffsetZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:28 pm

WIP

Hello,

I've added a workaround for the shuttle sound effects in the hangar.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:42 pm

WIP

Hello,

I've fixed the shuttle rotation.
If the orientation value is greater or equal to 32768 (or equal to 0), the rotation is clockwise, else it is anticlockwise.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 am

Shuttle turning works great.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:24 am

Hi Jeremy, might have asked this before. Apologies if so. Assume player craft is still in the hangar before mission start. Is it possible to have more than one A.I. shuttle craft (animation) taking off and landing in the hangar, and if so, can they be at different time intervals? For example, the lambda shuttle (index 50) does it's usual routine, and another separate craft (starfighter or whatever) comes and goes at "x" seconds independently from the Lambda Shuttle. I suppose one of them would have to be the return craft in the animation for the player since his starfighter was destroyed during mission play.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:33 am

I support this.

But I also expect there is a way to separate the recovery shuttle from the arrival/departure shuttle.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:18 pm

WIP

Hello,

I've added a HangarIff setting.
To set the hangar flightgroup color, set "HangarIff = value". value is an integer. The default value is -1. -1 means that the IFF of the command ship is used.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:45 am

UPDATE

Hello,
I've merged the changes from the WIP version into the stable version.

New features are:
- ShuttleOrientation setting
- HangarIff setting
- PlayerOffsetX, PlayerOffsetY, PlayerOffsetZ settings
- IsPlayerFloorInverted setting
- load files by IFF

To set the shuttle orientation, set "ShuttleOrientation = value". value is an unsigned integer. The default value is 43136.
To set the hangar flightgroup color, set "HangarIff = value". value is an integer. The default value is -1. -1 means that the IFF of the command ship is used.
To set the x position offset of the player craft, set "PlayerOffsetX = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To set the y position offset of the player craft, set "PlayerOffsetY = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To set the z position offset of the player craft, set "PlayerOffsetZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To invert the hangar floor for the player craft, set "IsPlayerFloorInverted = 1". When set to 0, the floor is below the player craft. When set to 1, the floor is above the player craft.

To load a file based on the IFF of the arrival craft, append the IFF index (starting at 0) to the file name.
This apply to HangarObjects, HangarCamera, FamHangarCamera, HangarMap, FamHangarMap.
For instance, if the IFF index is 1 and the file name is HangarObjects, then the name of the section in the ini file will be HangarObjects1. If HangarObjects1 doesn't exist then HangarObjects is used.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:15 pm

I'll consider this final for the 2020 release and hold back on any major requests for a bit.

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:13 am

I may have missed it mentioned earlier, but is it possible to set different hangars opt’s for arrival And departure, well for entering and exiting the mission? So you can transfer between capital ships etc?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the hangars hook.

Now you can customize the Hangar Roof Crane animation.

New settings:
- HangarRoofCranePositionX
- HangarRoofCraneAxis
- HangarRoofCraneLowOffset
- HangarRoofCraneHighOffset

To set the Hangar Roof Crane position, set "HangarRoofCranePositionX = value X", "HangarRoofCranePositionY = value Y" and "HangarRoofCranePositionZ = value Z". The values are integers. The default value for HangarRoofCranePositionX is -1400. The default value for HangarRoofCranePositionY is 786. The default value for HangarRoofCranePositionZ is -282.
To set the Hangar Roof Crane axis, set "HangarRoofCraneAxis = value". 0 means the X axis. 1 means the Y axis. 2 means the Z axis. The default value is 0.
To define the range of Hangar Roof Crane animation, set "HangarRoofCraneLowOffset = value" and "HangarRoofCraneHighOffset = value". The values are relative to the Hangar Roof Crane initial position.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:42 pm

Oh, that range of movement function is already useful to constrain the hangar crane Vince did for the VSD.

guru_redeye
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by guru_redeye » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:02 am

wow IFF tag-dependent hangar object set! You are a goldmine, Jeremy, hats off :D

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 pm

WIP

Hello,
Here is a WIP version of the hangars hook.

Now you can set a different Z position for the droids.

To set the droids z position, set "DroidsPositionZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To set the first droid z position, set "Droid1PositionZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is the DroidsPositionZ value.
To set the second droid z position, set "Droid2PositionZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is the DroidsPositionZ value.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:36 am

JeremyaFr wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:52 pm
WIP
Hello,
Now you can set a different Z position for the droids.

To set the droids z position, set "DroidsPositionZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is 0.
To set the first droid z position, set "Droid1PositionZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is the DroidsPositionZ value.
To set the second droid z position, set "Droid2PositionZ = value". value is an integer. The default value is the DroidsPositionZ value.
Thanks Jeremy. I added your code under the [HangarObjects] section of the INI.

Code: Select all

DroidsPositionZ = 0
Droid1PositionZ = 0
Droid2PositionZ = 0
I edited the numbers and made the droids move up as down as I wanted. So it works fine.
Thanks for another clever tool we can use :)

flightscreen2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:34 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've merged the changes from the WIP version into the stable version.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:48 pm

WIP

Hello,
Here a WIP version of the hangars hook.

I've fixed a bug where the droids animations are too fast on hangar re-enter.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:33 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've merged the WIP version into the stable version.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:14 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the hangars hook.

I've added settings for enabling or disabling the droids animations.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:45 pm

WIP

Hello,

I've added a FoldOutside setting.
To fold entering craft when it is near the OutsideHangar hardpoint, set "FoldOutside = 1". The default value is 0.

Now the wingmen will close their sfoils when approching the OutsideHangar hardpoint or the InsideHangar hardpoint.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Works great!

I think I've found a general though, not related to the s-foils function:

When you depart from a mission via a different "mothership" than you launch from, the game will ignore the launch ship and force the hangar of the departure ship.

E.g.
Arrival via PLT1 XYZ
Departure via VSD ABC
--> mission Start from a VSD hangar.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear