Mission Tie Hook

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderators: Darksaber, General_Trageton, Forceflow, JeremyaFr, DTM

Mission Tie Hook

JeremyaFr
Lieutenant Commander
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:41 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the mission tie hook.
This hook permits to override the data of mission files.

I've added replacement for iff and pilot voice for flightgroups.

Suppose that the mission is "[MissionDir]\[Mission].tie".

To override the mission data, create a file named "[MissionDir]\[Mission].txt" or create a section named "[mission_tie]" in "[MissionDir]\[Mission].ini".
The format is a line per replacement.

To replace the flight group markings, the format is: "fg", fg number, "markings", value.
To replace the flight group iff, the format is: "fg", fg number, "iff", value.
To replace the flight group pilot voice, the format is: "fg", fg number, "pilotvoice", value.

ual002
Ensign
Galactic Empire

Post by ual002 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am

I'll ask here. Is it possible with this hook in any way to force a specific mission to play and record mission stats as a campaign mission, or more specifically say take a multiplayer mission played via the combat simulator via Justagai's multiplayer hook and record its mission data in the campaign section vs the combat sim section of the quarters.

The means matter less than the end. Which is essentially having multiplayer missions that I specify affecting campaign rank and recording the stats separately from combat sim stats. Ultimately I'd like to also change the way medals are acquired via the game as well.

The idea is having an immersive co-op progression from start at an imperial ensign all the way up the ranks playing any number of user created campaigns.
For the glory of his majesty Emperor Palpatine! Image Image Image Image

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:06 am

ual002 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am
I'll ask here. Is it possible with this hook in any way to force a specific mission to play and record mission stats as a campaign mission, or more specifically say take a multiplayer mission played via the combat simulator via Justagai's multiplayer hook and record its mission data in the campaign section vs the combat sim section of the quarters.

The means matter less than the end. Which is essentially having multiplayer missions that I specify affecting campaign rank and recording the stats separately from combat sim stats. Ultimately I'd like to also change the way medals are acquired via the game as well.

The idea is having an immersive co-op progression from start at an imperial ensign all the way up the ranks playing any number of user created campaigns.
I feel like the pilot statistics room/debriefing room will have to be looked at for this, rather than the mission. I've been researching the UI in regards to the way buttons and rooms work. I have come across Pilot Statistics room and its buttons but I haven't dived into it yet. Eventually this is something that should be touched on and new rooms and buttons will be possible to create with a framework that I can provide. For now I'm researching whatever I can to get the next version of my multiplayer hook out and then I can look into stuff like this. Although Jeremy can give it a go if he wants to.

Jaeven
Ensign
Galactic Empire

Post by Jaeven » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 am

Justagai wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:06 am
ual002 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am

I feel like the pilot statistics room/debriefing room will have to be looked at for this, rather than the mission. I've been researching the UI in regards to the way buttons and rooms work. I have come across Pilot Statistics room and its buttons but I haven't dived into it yet. Eventually this is something that should be touched on and new rooms and buttons will be possible to create with a framework that I can provide. For now I'm researching whatever I can to get the next version of my multiplayer hook out and then I can look into stuff like this. Although Jeremy can give it a go if he wants to.
So its actively possible to add new rooms to the concourse? That's quite something.

ual002
Ensign
Galactic Empire

Post by ual002 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:46 am

Well, adding a room that functions the way we need it is the optimal solution anyway. If that is possible, that seems like the more logical option to reserve energies for.
For the glory of his majesty Emperor Palpatine! Image Image Image Image