Mission Tie Hook / Stats Profiles

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderator: JeremyaFr

Mission Tie Hook / Stats Profiles

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:41 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the mission tie hook.
This hook permits to override the data of mission files.

I've added replacement for iff and pilot voice for flightgroups.

Suppose that the mission is "[MissionDir]\[Mission].tie".

To override the mission data, create a file named "[MissionDir]\[Mission].txt" or create a section named "[mission_tie]" in "[MissionDir]\[Mission].ini".
The format is a line per replacement.

To replace the flight group markings, the format is: "fg", fg number, "markings", value.
To replace the flight group iff, the format is: "fg", fg number, "iff", value.
To replace the flight group pilot voice, the format is: "fg", fg number, "pilotvoice", value.
Last edited by JeremyaFr on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update subject

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am

I'll ask here. Is it possible with this hook in any way to force a specific mission to play and record mission stats as a campaign mission, or more specifically say take a multiplayer mission played via the combat simulator via Justagai's multiplayer hook and record its mission data in the campaign section vs the combat sim section of the quarters.

The means matter less than the end. Which is essentially having multiplayer missions that I specify affecting campaign rank and recording the stats separately from combat sim stats. Ultimately I'd like to also change the way medals are acquired via the game as well.

The idea is having an immersive co-op progression from start at an imperial ensign all the way up the ranks playing any number of user created campaigns.
Image Image Image Image Image

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:06 am

ual002 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am
I'll ask here. Is it possible with this hook in any way to force a specific mission to play and record mission stats as a campaign mission, or more specifically say take a multiplayer mission played via the combat simulator via Justagai's multiplayer hook and record its mission data in the campaign section vs the combat sim section of the quarters.

The means matter less than the end. Which is essentially having multiplayer missions that I specify affecting campaign rank and recording the stats separately from combat sim stats. Ultimately I'd like to also change the way medals are acquired via the game as well.

The idea is having an immersive co-op progression from start at an imperial ensign all the way up the ranks playing any number of user created campaigns.
I feel like the pilot statistics room/debriefing room will have to be looked at for this, rather than the mission. I've been researching the UI in regards to the way buttons and rooms work. I have come across Pilot Statistics room and its buttons but I haven't dived into it yet. Eventually this is something that should be touched on and new rooms and buttons will be possible to create with a framework that I can provide. For now I'm researching whatever I can to get the next version of my multiplayer hook out and then I can look into stuff like this. Although Jeremy can give it a go if he wants to.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 am

Justagai wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:06 am
ual002 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 am

I feel like the pilot statistics room/debriefing room will have to be looked at for this, rather than the mission. I've been researching the UI in regards to the way buttons and rooms work. I have come across Pilot Statistics room and its buttons but I haven't dived into it yet. Eventually this is something that should be touched on and new rooms and buttons will be possible to create with a framework that I can provide. For now I'm researching whatever I can to get the next version of my multiplayer hook out and then I can look into stuff like this. Although Jeremy can give it a go if he wants to.
So its actively possible to add new rooms to the concourse? That's quite something.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:46 am

Well, adding a room that functions the way we need it is the optimal solution anyway. If that is possible, that seems like the more logical option to reserve energies for.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:11 am

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the mission tie hook.

I fixed a typo related to the crafts count per region.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
Here iss a WIP version of the mission tie hook.
You can now define different markings (flightgroup colors) for the wingmen.

To replace the flight group wingman markings, the format is: "fg", fg number, "index", wingman index, "markings", value.

EDIT: link removed

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 pm

nice :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:33 am

Sweet!

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:40 am

Looks like a nice addition. I will test this.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:44 am

Awesome! Thanks Jeremy. Wish I had seen this before I just posted in Z-95 thread. :lachtot:
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:04 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've merged the changes from the WIP version into the stable version.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:07 pm

I've just tested the hook for the wingman markings replacement, since this is the thing I can't do through the mission editor.

The version I tested is date modified 4/22/2020 4:55 PM.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Sorry for my previous post. The hook works fine, and as far as I know it's the only way to edit the color of a single wingman.

I think I'd better give some more details about my test:

This is my 1b0m4fw.ini
;1b0m4fw.ini

[mission_tie]
fg, 13, index, 1, markings, 1

[Resdata]
Resdata\Planet2.dat
I had set the color of the Flight Groups #13 to Blue in AlliED.
Then I modified the .ini file as written above.
It didn't work because fg 13 in the .ini file is actually fg 14 in AlliED.
It's the usual offset thing as fg 1 in AlliED is actually fg 0.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:43 pm

As for index and markings the offset thing is present as well:
Index 1 is the second wingman (Index 0 is the first one)
Markings 1 are Gold (Markings 0 are Red)

So in my test the unknown 14-2 turned yellow/gold.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Mark_Farlander wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:28 pm
It's the usual offset thing as fg 1 in AlliED is actually fg 0.
I think the reason why we tend to forget this simple rule is that while FG #N in AlliED is FG #N-1 in the .ini file, it is still the unknown N in the CMD when unidentified in mission.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:35 pm

Mark_Farlander wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:43 pm
As for index and markings the offset thing is present as well:
Index 1 is the second wingman (Index 0 is the first one)
Markings 1 are Gold (Markings 0 are Red)

So in my test the unknown 14-2 turned yellow/gold.
You're right . Pretty much everything in this game starts with 0 as the first slot of anything, including using editors. Good old binary numbering system.
FG 13 is actually 14th FG in AlliED starting from top of the list on down. Texture map "1" at end of your statement is referencing the second FG texture map in the model, whatever color that actually is in reality. AlliED calls it color: "Gold" for it's nomenclature. Would have been better if Troy named his drop down menu list as: FG TextureMap0, 1, 2, 3, etc. to make it easier to understand.
Last edited by Bman on Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 am

Back when AlliED was released there were probably not many texture mods and only 4 colors were available for fighters.
TextureMap0, 1, 2, 3 is a terminology used by someone who knows what he is doing.
AlliED is a software thought to be user-friendly and be used even by players who don't have a huge modding experience.
That's why it's Red, Gold, Blue, Green.

The main problem with AlliED is that there are still many unknowns to be uncovered.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:03 pm

And to that end its frustrating that Troy has disappeared because I imagine open sourcing his tools or even working on it again would be a great asset to the community.

I'm well aware of YOGME and its continuing improvement too, and I by no means am ignoring its own contributions. Still, it would be nice to have his skill back in the community.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu May 14, 2020 7:50 am

Pilots, I've just tested this hook_mission_tie.dll for skirmish missions.
And it works!!!

I can change the color of a Flight Group using a "Temp.txt" file.
This way in skirmish missions A-W Blue is no longer red.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 am

It works for skirmish missions too, not only for missions in the Missions folder.
But the problem is that you can only have 1 .txt file available for all the skirmishes.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Thu May 14, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 am

There is that problem, but the arrangement of the Flight Groups in each skirmish can be changed to have always the same sequence of colors.
That's amazing.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu May 14, 2020 8:16 am

It can be done, but in some cases (example: 8P Complex Co-Op vs L/CRS Liberty) you need to also change the Team since TIEs usually do not have colors.
I mean TIEs are all "red" (Texture 0).

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am

You are right. Exchanging the teams in skirmishes where Team 1 is Empire and Team 2 is Rebel (instead of the opposite) is mandatory.
In this way another problem would be solved: Imperial capital ships would no longer fire red lasers in skirmish.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu May 14, 2020 8:51 am

Of course all these changes must be done in the skirmish files in game, because when you modify the Temp.txt file you modify all the skirmishes at once.
Only the color must be changed in the Temp.txt file.