XWAUP: Dynamic Cockpits

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

XWAUP: Dynamic Cockpits

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 04, 2020 4:55 am

REBEL DYNAMIC COCKPITS. By DTM, Blue Max and Darksaber.

New Dynamic Cockpits for fighters of the Rebel Alliance. The original Cockpits have been modified by DTM to insert the screens and buttons necessary to replace the traditional HUD with dynamic and interactive elements in the three-dimensional shapes of the cockpits.

The Y-Wing fighter Cockpit comes in two versions: Gold Squadron and Red Squadron, following the options of the original installer of this magnificent starfighter.

The X-Wing cockpit comes with two versions, following the options of the original installer. So, two different positions are proposed from the driver's point of view: the default one is more realistic and immersed in the cockpit. The alternative is less realistic, but offers greater visibility to the outside.

VERSION 2.0
It has been asked loudly, and here it is. An improvement of all the cockpits released with version 1.0, to improve the visibility of the MFD and therefore the playability of XWA, even without the aid of the HUD. But remember: if you still need the good old HUD, just choose the right option when installing the patch.

In addition, the collection is completed with the wonderful B-Wing cockpit created by Blue Max, who shows great talent in many different skills!

A-WING COCKPIT

B-WING COCKPIT

X-WING COCKPIT

Y-WING COCKPIT

Z-95 COCKPIT
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon May 04, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 04, 2020 4:55 am

TIE FIGHTERS DYNAMIC COCKPITS V1.0. By DTM and Darksaber

A gift for all our Imperial friends / enemies: The Dynamic Cockpits for all the TIE Fighters available in the X-Wing Alliance, each with its own characteristics.

TIE Fighter, the progenitor: cheap but reliable.

TIE Bomber: robust and powerful

TIE Interceptor: a definite improvement over the original!

TIE Advanced X1: experimental, fast and deadly

TIE Defender: Admiral Thrawn's jewel.

TIE Avenger: the new generation of TIE Fighters

But there are also the TIE Specials: Bizarro, Booster, Warhead and Big Gun! In all, ten different dynamic cockpits!

Available now from the Download page!
May the 4th Be With You!
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Tue May 05, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:09 pm

I'm guessing that the Missile Boat, Assault Gunboat and the general fighters will be next
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Mon May 04, 2020 4:53 pm

Yes !!!!
It is Christmas Thank you so much !!!
I am very very happy. Finally Tie Cockpit yes !!
I have command a Track-ir5 and i hopes he arrive soon

Happy Star Wars day to all the community !
And tonight The final of Clone Wars
It is very good to be star wars fan this time ; )

I want test new campaign now. where are you artists

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:51 pm

HOLY SH!T!! :shock: I have gone to Star Wars heaven!!! Now I know what blue_max was saying.... :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon May 04, 2020 7:08 pm

Good work :2thumbs:

Bob_Sinclar
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Bob_Sinclar » Mon May 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you for this amazing work.

My anti-virus Bit Defender states this for the Tie installer:
Feature:
Ransomware Remediation

The process C:\Users\Bob\Downloads\TieDynamicCockpits_v1.0.exe manifests ransomware behavior and was blocked. Several files were encrypted but we successfully restored all of them. You can find the restored files list below: C:/Nvidia/Drs/nvdrssel.bin.
Anyway the installer works and in game this is superb, especially the Tie Advanced and the Tie Interceptor. I just wanted you to know how the installer behaves with the anti-virus, maybe a "false-positive".

No problem with the rebel installer, the B-Wing is awesome too!

Thx for your feeback.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Bob_Sinclar wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:33 pm
Hi,

First of all thank you for this amazing work.

My anti-virus Bit Defender states this for the Tie installer:
Feature:
Ransomware Remediation

The process C:\Users\Bob\Downloads\TieDynamicCockpits_v1.0.exe manifests ransomware behavior and was blocked. Several files were encrypted but we successfully restored all of them. You can find the restored files list below: C:/Nvidia/Drs/nvdrssel.bin.
Anyway the installer works and in game this is superb, especially the Tie Advanced and the Tie Interceptor. I just wanted you to know how the installer behaves with the anti-virus, maybe a "false-positive".

No problem with the rebel installer, the B-Wing is awesome too!

Thx for your feeback.
Sadly most of the installers give a false-positive reading. They are custom built and virus programs get fussy.
They are all ok though and once allowed it should be ok next time.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue May 05, 2020 12:54 am

Great job!
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue May 05, 2020 1:12 am

Absolutely gorgeous, and maybe the single biggest improvement to the experience of playing XWA.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:17 am

Nice work!

In the picture for the TIE Advanced X1, is that bright purple ring the "beam engaged" indicator?

Also, the TIE/D pic is missing.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue May 05, 2020 2:35 am

BTW Forceflow, you should know better. The TIE Defender was Zaarin's baby. If Thrawn has a baby, it's the Missile boat. :-P

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 05, 2020 2:45 am

keiranhalcyon7 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:17 am
Nice work!
In the picture for the TIE Advanced X1, is that bright purple ring the "beam engaged" indicator?
Also, the TIE/D pic is missing.
Yes that is the beam section to my knowledge. DTM hasn't supplied a Defender pic to use so far.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 am

Tony Knightcrawler wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 2:35 am
BTW Forceflow, you should know better. The TIE Defender was Zaarin's baby. If Thrawn has a baby, it's the Missile boat. :-P
Zaarin is Legend now. According with the new canon, the TIE Defender is a project by Thrawn. See the beautiful season 4 of Star Wars Rebels: the whole season is a gift to all Star Wars and X-Wing fans.

Here the Defender cockpit:

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 am

I've not had chance to play around with the updated Rebel cockpits yet, but those TIE cockpits are absolutely fantastic. I love the variations on the layouts (I think the Interceptor is my favourite) and I really love what you've done with the system charge level indicators - the big green glowing lights off to the side in the Fighter and Interceptor are amazing, such a good way of communicating that information.

One thing I'm not sure about - are those screenshots above using a different POV or resolution from what's in game? From the screenshots, the reticle looks pretty centred so it looks like you're facing straight ahead, but when I played (at 1920x1080), the CMD on the yoke was mostly off the bottom of the screen and I couldn't really use it. I also couldn't see those red lights at the side in the TIE Fighter, for example, unless I moved the cockpit view. So it looks like these screenshots are fitting more on screen than you see in game. Is that something done deliberately for the screenshots, or is there something messed up in my config?

Also, this isn't really related but it's a very minor thing and doesn't seem worth starting a new thread over, and it's something I noticed while testing the TIE cockpits - what happened to the 'depowered' laser cannon sounds? I know that XWAU has been tweaking things like weapon sounds with the ini files, but previously there were two different sounds possible for the cannons. One stronger sounding laser that you hear when the laser charge bar is on the first, brighter layer and a weaker sounding one when you've drained the guns enough to go to the dimmer, second layer of the bar. Is this something that can be brought back? It's a really handy non-visual clue that you need to look at your weapon charge levels.
Last edited by Will T on Tue May 05, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue May 05, 2020 10:06 am

I would like to know a thing about these fantastic Dynamic Cockpits: is the shield percentage still shown?
I mean not the shield percentage of the targeted object, but the shield percentage of the piloted craft.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue May 05, 2020 10:40 am

Will T wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:24 am
One thing I'm not sure about - are those screenshots above using a different POV or resolution from what's in game? From the screenshots, the reticle looks pretty centred so it looks like you're facing straight ahead, but when I played (at 1920x1080), the CMD on the yoke was mostly off the bottom of the screen and I couldn't really use it. I also couldn't see those red lights at the side in the TIE Fighter, for example, unless I moved the cockpit view. So it looks like these screenshots are fitting more on screen than you see in game. Is that something done deliberately for the screenshots, or is there something messed up in my config?
I have the same problem at 1920x1080, the cockpit central hud is obscured meaning I can't see most of the useful readouts (shields/cargo/distance etc).

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:22 pm

DTM wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 am
Zaarin is Legend now. According with the new canon, the TIE Defender is a project by Thrawn. See the beautiful season 4 of Star Wars Rebels: the whole season is a gift to all Star Wars and X-Wing fans.
On my side I prefer the Legends timeline, while it got it's issues, on many levels right now it make more sense than the disney timeline :p
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 05, 2020 2:03 pm

DTM wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 am
Here the Defender cockpit:
Thanks a lot I added the pic above :) Just FYI to everyone, these are DTM's brilliant work. I just created the topic. So he will know all your answers :)
Will T wrote:

Also, this isn't really related but it's a very minor thing and doesn't seem worth starting a new thread over, and it's something I noticed while testing the TIE cockpits - what happened to the 'depowered' laser cannon sounds? I know that XWAU has been tweaking things like weapon sounds with the ini files, but previously there were two different sounds possible for the cannons. One stronger sounding laser that you hear when the laser charge bar is on the first, brighter layer and a weaker sounding one when you've drained the guns enough to go to the dimmer, second layer of the bar. Is this something that can be brought back? It's a really handy non-visual clue that you need to look at your weapon charge levels.
I got the same results so it's not your system. DTM what resolution are you playing at when making these?
As for the laser I'll add that to my testing plan. I believe all the sounds are still there so it could be an INI thing.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Tue May 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Will T wrote:
One thing I'm not sure about - are those screenshots above using a different POV or resolution from what's in game? From the screenshots, the reticle looks pretty centred so it looks like you're facing straight ahead, but when I played (at 1920x1080), the CMD on the yoke was mostly off the bottom of the screen and I couldn't really use it.

The resolution game of the following screenshot is 1600x900, FOV 97,3

The resolution game of the following screenshot is 1920x1080, FOV 97,33

These my xwakacker settings:

The installer should have set your POVs as follows:

TIE Fighter, Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender, Tie AdvancedX1, Tie BigGun, Tie Booster, Tie Warheads :
X=0 Z=5 Y=2
Tie Bomber: X=66 Z=5 Y=81
Tie Avenger: X=0 Z=5 Y=84
Tie Bizaro: X=-124 Z=5 Y=2

Please use Mxvted to control your POVs after the installation and report any different value.
Thanks.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue May 05, 2020 4:23 pm

Used XWA hacker to change FOV to 97.33 which has done the trick. Before it was set to 86.28 before. Thanks :)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue May 05, 2020 5:11 pm

AngeI wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:23 pm
Used XWA hacker to change FOV to 97.33 which has done the trick. Before it was set to 86.28 before. Thanks :)
How do you get that Hacker pictured to work? I've not had much success so far to get that program version pictured to run right

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue May 05, 2020 5:23 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:11 pm
How do you get that Hacker pictured to work? I've not had much success so far to get that program version pictured to run right
Downloaded xwahacker-qt.exe from SourceForge, installed into a folder, made a copy of my xwingalliance.exe into this folder, ran program, pointed it at exe, should work. Once done, copy back to your main XWA folder (backup your .exe first of course!).
Last edited by AngeI on Tue May 05, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue May 05, 2020 6:59 pm

The Y-Wing fighter Cockpit comes in two versions: Gold Squadron and Red Squadron, following the options of the original installer of this magnificent starfighter.
What does this mean? I remember the Gold default and Red default Y-Wing options only affecting the color order.
I mean FG TextureMap0, 1, 2, 3 respectively Red, Gold, Blue, Green for Red default option and Gold, Red, Blue, Green for Gold default.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Tue May 05, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue May 05, 2020 7:25 pm

Yes, Zaarin is Legends, DTM. So is the entire X-Wing franchise. Hence since this is the TIE Defender for XWAU, it's Zaarin's baby. ;-) I will watch Rebels one day, but I have extreme doubts I will be as enthusiastic as you are.