Future of the community, XWAU and all the things that were hosted on Darksabers website

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Re: Future of the community, XWAU and all the things that were hosted on Darksabers website

WeeMadArthur
Recruit

Post by WeeMadArthur » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:51 am

Well, this whole thing made actually finally join the community, after I long used your assets.

Sad to not be able to use the additional ships of the DSUCP though...
Do you have any plans on adding some of these later on? Some of the craft were pretty outdated.

EDIT: Also, I wish I could help you more, but I am a Journalist. The only thing I could do, was show your work to the world in some way...
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
- Terry Pratchett , GNU

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:43 pm

WeeMadArthur wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:51 am
Do you have any plans on adding some of these later on? Some of the craft were pretty outdated.
Honestly, we don't know yet.
Our first priority right now is to move ahead with the XWAU and implement some much needed improvements. Whenever that is all done there is talk about offering up an additional crafts pack that would include crafts of the DSCUP. Though this is all still in the very early planning stages and we have no idea what crafts would be included or if it's even sensible to do this from the XWAU. We will certainly not update any of those crafts anytime soon. There's still plenty left to do for the 'vanilla' XWA models. And looking at some of the older models in the XWAU it would make more sense to upgrade those again as well.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

MaarekStele
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MaarekStele » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 pm

please delete, wrong post
Last edited by MaarekStele on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaarekStele
Cadet 4th Class

Post by MaarekStele » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:36 am
MaarekStele wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 am
Hi guys just returning after a long hiatus when my old PC died around 3 years ago and just wanted to say you've got my support! I missed what happened with Darksaber, sorry to ask this but is there a thread I can read to catch up on the details? Thanks and all the best
Most of what happened did so team-internally and will not be made public. The official post about the issue is here:
News about team situation
Oh I see in that case I apologie for asking and I won't ask again and let's keep going on with the project. AD ASTRA! Thanks for answering and I hope DS is ok.

Safe-Keeper
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Safe-Keeper » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35 pm

Pity. I always liked Darksaber, but I did have a problem with his seeming inability to take constructive criticism, which always made me wonder if he was dealing with personal stuff.

guru_redeye
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by guru_redeye » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:17 pm

oh no I am using @Justagai's XWA MP that's based on @Darksaber's DSUCP and I definitely preferred their branch. Now both of them seem to be disappeared. Sad to read :(

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:44 am

Safe-Keeper wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:35 pm
Pity. I always liked Darksaber, but I did have a problem with his seeming inability to take constructive criticism, which always made me wonder if he was dealing with personal stuff.
When I created my Battle of Yavin shipset, he got pissed because he thought my campaign didn't work with any of HIS mods. It was a mistake on my part, as I realized after, it would work but some slots would have to be overwritten if using the DSUCP. I had no idea what the issue was. I'm like "really dude?" It just sounded like a sense of entitlement.

I've been here since 2002, I've never had an issue with him until that point, but I made sure to avoid any issues with him. I don't get it.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:10 am

I missed being the PR guy, but I feel it did help me prepare for my bowling media career, and that has taught me a few things I hope I can bring back to my own X-Wing/SWS group. Great to see this survived me not being around. And if there's any way I can assist, please LMK. 😎
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 pm

I was watching some gameplay footage of Squadrons today, which I can't run on my computer, so I thought I'd check to see if there was a new update to the DSUCP, which led me here.

Darksaber always rubbed me the wrong way. I felt like I couldn't even ask a simple question here without him trying to belittle and condescend me, which is the main reason I've never been very active in this community. But for him to purposefully sabotage his own mods as a huge middle finger to an entire community of gamers really takes the cake, and speaks volumes about his depravity. Luckily I still have the files for the TIE Royal Guard Interceptor (my most favorite ship) backed up.

Anyway, apparently it's been 4 months since this all went down, and all those ships are still unavailable to download. I can't begin to understand why, but I've lurked here long enough to know not to ask about it, or Darksaber will threaten to ban me. Oh wait...

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 pm

Kriegmacher wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 pm
I was watching some gameplay footage of Squadrons today, which I can't run on my computer, so I thought I'd check to see if there was a new update to the DSUCP, which led me here.

Darksaber always rubbed me the wrong way. I felt like I couldn't even ask a simple question here without him trying to belittle and condescend me, which is the main reason I've never been very active in this community. But for him to purposefully sabotage his own mods as a huge middle finger to an entire community of gamers really takes the cake, and speaks volumes about his depravity. Luckily I still have the files for the TIE Royal Guard Interceptor (my most favorite ship) backed up.

Anyway, apparently it's been 4 months since this all went down, and all those ships are still unavailable to download. I can't begin to understand why, but I've lurked here long enough to know not to ask about it, or Darksaber will threaten to ban me. Oh wait...

I have backed up and saved all ships from the site, also his site is still there as an archive and you can access the files

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Avarice1987 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 pm
Kriegmacher wrote:

I have backed up and saved all ships from the site, also his site is still there as an archive and you can access the files
Here's what I see when I click on https://darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/

SORRY BUT DARKSABER'S X-WING STATION HAS HAD TO BE TAKEN OFFLINE FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE.
PLEASE VISIT THE X-WING ALLIANCE UPGRADE SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Are you referring to Archive.org?

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Kriegmacher wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:51 pm
Avarice1987 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:30 pm
Kriegmacher wrote:

Here's what I see when I click on https://darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/

SORRY BUT DARKSABER'S X-WING STATION HAS HAD TO BE TAKEN OFFLINE FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE.
PLEASE VISIT THE X-WING ALLIANCE UPGRADE SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Are you referring to Archive.org?
Here you mcan find the Archiv:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200511144 ... grade.com/