Crosshair Reticles release

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Crosshair Reticles release

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Darksaber created 12 new amazing targeting crosshair Reticles for use in your flyable Starfighters.
The XWAU team didn't want to let this brilliant work go to waste. So here is the Crosshair Reticles v1.0! Now available to download.

These replace the standard laser and missile HUD with brand new images that can be used independently from each other.
So now if you want a TIE Fighter HUD you can have one! Plus you don't have to sacrifice your Rebel one at the same time.
It also works with Transports like the Falcon, Gunboats and anything with a flyable cockpit basically.
The Original Reticles have also been enhanced and the little laser indicators are a little bigger.

Reticles1.png

The even better thing is you can pick and choose elements! So you could have a TIE laser screen and an X-wing missile option for example.
There's only a few restrictions to this but it works amazingly.

These are several custom options that we have created. These mix several choices from other Reticles into a new one.
Ignore the different colours from top and bottom. In game they will match your HUD choice

Reticles2.png

The installer will add everything you need to the game. Please see the Readme file for more details.
Added to the Flightmodels folder will be a (Shipname)Reticle.txt file. This will tell the game which Reticle to read from Hud.dat
If you wish to revert any of the Reticles to default you can simply delete the TXT file or set it to Reticle Layout #1. In the future these codes will be added to the Ship INI files. You can do this now if you follow the guide. We recommend you create a backup copy of any edited files.

The XWAU Team has picked what it thinks are the best choices to use with each ship but you are free to swap, alter or create new combinations!
You can even add new images to create your own if you are experienced enough. We would love to see what options you guys come up with.

Darksaber did an amazing job on these so a big thanks to him from all of us. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

eddyfurax
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by eddyfurax » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Very good ! Thanks for partage ;)

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:14 pm

Thank you, i like it

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:36 am

Have these files been thoroughly checked for more of his shenanigans that could screw up our installs?

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Kriegmacher wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:36 am
Have these files been thoroughly checked for more of his shenanigans that could screw up our installs?
The actual installer is by Ace, so nothing to worry about it. Darksaber made the artwork and the dat file that is needed to use it, the rest comes from the team.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Fliperr
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Fliperr » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Great job !!
Yesterday I was testing the reticles and the only ship that gave me problems was the pinok fighter. I reinstalled the EXE for this ship and it worked perfect.
The rest of the ships work well.

iteachvader
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by iteachvader » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:30 am

These are absolutely gorgeous! I'm in love with the classic X-Wing style reticle.
The ability to create 3D models is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

aidor
Cadet 4th Class

Post by aidor » Fri May 27, 2022 8:25 am

Hi,

Is there any setting to make all reticles a little bit smaller?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri May 27, 2022 10:18 am

aidor wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:25 am
Hi, Is there any setting to make all reticles a little bit smaller?
No it's a default size that came with the game itself.
It could be something looked into at a later time.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

aidor
Cadet 4th Class

Post by aidor » Fri May 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 10:18 am
aidor wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:25 am
Hi, Is there any setting to make all reticles a little bit smaller?
No it's a default size that came with the game itself.
It could be something looked into at a later time.
Ok, thanks. Anyway, those reticles are vey cool. The default/vanilla size is a little bit big for my taste, but it's not a problem at all.