Battle 0 Mission 6 and 8, new mission files

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

Battle 0 Mission 6 and 8, new mission files

anduls
Recruit

Post by anduls » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi all,
I started XWA just last month. Some years back, I played X-Wing several times including all DLC and were able to finish all missions without any cheats, only with walkthroughs. I also played Tie Figther once, which I found very easy compared to X-Wing. Furthermore I played some of the user made campaigns in X-Wing, which were very challenging.
So long story short, I think I'm reasonable player, and even I'm now some years older I find XWA ways too hard, some missions in vanilla and even more missions in the Upgrade mod. I really love the Upgrade mod and really like to play the games this way. To this end I started to use a mission editor to tinker around.
So far, I modified two missons, Battle 0 (familiy buisiness) mission 6 and Battle 0 mission 8, which is the first trainings mission for the Alliance. The first one I was able to finish the original mission in vanilla, but not in Upgrade. So I modified it. The other mission I was not able to do in vanilla, but I had more chances than in Upgrade. In Upgrade it is just undoable (for me).
I attach both mission files here.
The first mission is self explanatory.
To the 2nd misson some words: The briefing says, the convoy is only ligthy protected. Secondly, I did not like the main strategy to fly back from the convoy attack to the Defiance to reload torpedos. This is somehow not immersive. So now, it is possible to destroy 25% of the convy without this. I also fixed a bug (?) where Y-Wing Leader does not show up at the convoy attack.

I'm very happy for some feedback, also negativ ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.