[B3M1] Battle 3 - Mission 1: Liberate Slave Convoy

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B3M1] Battle 3 - Mission 1: Liberate Slave Convoy

Implode
Recruit

Post by Implode » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:38 pm

I am wondering if anyone else struggles with this, or if its just me. Using 2020 megapatch.

I find I must lend a hand at the start to destroying T/Fs, otherwise all the other X/Ws and Y/Ws get overrun and wiped out. But if I take the time to do that, the convoy gets far away, within range of the defence platform (which seems like bad news for when the ATRs show up to dock with them). Even if I manage to juggle killing T/Fs with disabling shuttles, sooner or later the T/Is find me and I'm dead before I even know they're there.

So far in my 20+ attempts at this I've only gotten to the point of the ATRs showing up one time.. and was going great.. and then got ganked by T/Is.

The key seems to be about where you disable the shuttles. My best guess seems to be to wait a while until they've passed the defence platform's range and just about to escape, and disable them there.

Not sure if this is related to my perceived difficulty of this mission, but I've never seen one of the other Y/Ws shoot/disable a shuttle yet. They do a great job helping ID them all, and after that I'm not even sure what they're up to, just not what they should be doing :)

Its been a long time since I played vanilla XWA so I can't remember how it plays out there, but watching other videos on youtube, they never seem to have any of these problems, they just fly in and disable the shuttles and all the T/Fs and T/Is just completely leave them alone.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:42 pm

That one is a tough mission. I tend to ignore everything but the Shuttles, inspect and disable asap. That worked for me, but the TIEs are really tough and it sure did take me a couple of tries. Make sure to use the laser and ion combination to take down the shields to be quicker. Just be sure to don't accidentally blow up the Shuttles.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project