Galactic Battlegrounds Heaven

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Galactic Battlegrounds Heaven

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello pilots. I know you don't socialize with ground crew very often, but I thought appropriate to show you there are also old Star Wars games based on planetary surface combat which are still kept alive: http://swgb.heavengames.com/
I have always found the infantry too powerful in this game, as it is in Empire at War, and I'm also aware that Galactic Battlegrounds is not a game of the magnitude of X-Wing Alliance, but there is still a community working on it, and this is good.
The site is plenty of new campaigns, mods and utilities.

Would be nice to have ambassadors to their community.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:57 am

That's the Age of Empires reskin, right? I remember getting a kick out of slaughtering Gungans.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Now Star Destroyers are allowed in Galactic Battlegrounds:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-gal ... e#imagebox

You can also play the Geonosians or the Zann Consortium, and new maps are available too.
The population limit for a player has been increased to 1000.

However, it seems the Expanding Fronts mod has compatibility issues with the Widescreen Patch.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:33 am

I don’t know if this is the right topic to ask about a problem I have with a mission of the Imperial campaign in Galactic Battlegrounds.
I haven’t played this game for ages (of Empires) until yesterday, when I decided to download it from GOG and give it a try again.
I began Darth Vader’s campaign and I had no problems completing Mission #1: Incursion on Yavin IV.
You don’t even need to build units in that mission since all your reinforcements come with the Sentinel-class landing crafts directly from the Executor.

In Mission #2: Breaking Bread, the mission on Reytha, I found a problem that prevents me from proceeding in the mission: my Ally Yeere, a sub-faction of the Galactic Empire with grey units, has built a Medium Wall on my way, so my ground forces, including Darth Vader himself, can’t reach the rendezvous point.
I can’t take down the wall because it doesn’t belong to my enemies. What can I do?
Is there anybody having my same problem? Is this a mission bug?
Any help will be much appreciated.