Jedi Outcast - The Movie

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Jedi Outcast - The Movie

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:54 am

There is a community trying to make a movie with the story of one of the most epic game in the expanded universe.
The trailer was uploaded on YouTube more than 3 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWYvTeBonRA
You can follow the project on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JediOutcastTheMovie/

Hope to see a release soon.

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:53 pm

I like Jedi Outcast so much, but Kyle Katarn soon becomes boring since he is one of the most omnipresent characters in the expanded universe of Star Wars.
He was even involved in acquiring a partial set of plans of the Death Star in the legends continuity.
Nice to see such a project going on anyway.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:25 pm

As John Smith wrote, Kyle Katarn is the Chuck Norris of the old expanded universe of Star Wars.
If you don't like him that much, you will surely hate him with all your heart.
He has nothing to do with the Jedi teachings and their religion.
He simply carries and uses every kind of weapon without caring what's the elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:03 am

I remember there was a certain Obi-Wan Kenobi in Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace (1999 video game) who used blasters, missile launchers and thermal detonators. He also carried a load of Gungan energy spheres, the most powerful weapon against droids in that game.
Kyle Katarn was not the only character carrying a lightsaber and many other different weapons in the expanded universe.
This doesn't mean he cannot be a Jedi.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:38 am

Luke: "I sensed a disturbance in the Force. I'll tell you about Desann while your trial is being prepared."
Kyle: "Trial?"
Luke: "A minor test to determine your fitness to wield a lightsaber again. Even in your relatively unpracticed state, you shouldn't find it too difficult."
Kyle: "Why can't you Jedi every do things the simple way?"
Luke: "If the ways of the Jedi were easy there would be millions of us instead of dozens."

You get the point: Kyle Katarn is no Jedi.
He's just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:40 am

Rogue One killed Kyle Katarn, the bridge between the films and the first wave of truly great Star Wars games.
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/12/16/rogu ... yle-katarn (article)

Rogue One is a great film, no doubt, but it wiped out part of the story of those great Star Wars games, now classified as legends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suFpWG3TMRk

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:36 am

Kyle could still come back, just with a slightly different backstory, like they have done with Thrawn.
Remember, in the EU he was like one of half a dozen people who stole the DS1 plans, he wasn't the only person. Heck he even later appeared in a game where yet another person steals part of the plans.
I don't think his role in stealing the plans was ever brought up again in the games. So clearly the writers didn't think it was important.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Even if Disney will eventually make Kyle canon, I doubt he will still be the kind of round character we were used to: a pilot, a mercenary, a rebel agent and the Jedi Outcast.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm

If Kyle Katarn wants to be canon, he will make himself canon. No one tells him what he is, Kyle chooses it.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Jaeven wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm
If Kyle Katarn wants to be canon, he will make himself canon. No one tells him what he is, Kyle chooses it.
Jedi Outcast, the movie, starring Chuck Norris.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:36 am

Chuck Norris vs Lord Desann? This sounds intriguing.
Let's just hope the Galaxy won't explode!

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Phoenix Leader wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:30 pm
Even if Disney will eventually make Kyle canon, I doubt he will still be the kind of round character we were used to: a pilot, a mercenary, a rebel agent and the Jedi Outcast.
Well if they made him a Jedi he would need to be killed, or otherwise have his fate unknown to the wider galaxy so Luke can be the Last Jedi.