X Wing Redux in English?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: X Wing Redux in English?

Fibology
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Fibology » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Heheheh,

I couldnt pass it peroiod. ;) yeah too bad the gamingzone is gone, had another program for a while but thats bleeding tot death too.
If i pass my vmware exam, ill fly with u, looks like u can teach me alot more ;)
But first i have to learn in RL :D
Speak to ya soon and thnx for helping out a fellow XWA enthusiast :^^:

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Great to see this thread and the interest is still on going, Hi Waylon!!!

I have been busy in RL and with work, hope to get back here soon, i am having trouble running XWA on an advanced FX card, i had to upgrade to a 9000 series card and it hates XWA, but i hope to find a fix... anyway, hi to all and great to see things continuing.
Director and Lead Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group LInkedin
"We Build Worlds"

GenVagabond
Cadet 4th Class

Post by GenVagabond » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Not sure if this helps anyone at this point.

I have the X-Wing, X-Wing CD, TIE Fighter, and TIE CD manuals with all said content of course.

If I can provide any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Little consolation for me since I know crap about 3d model design or texturing. I can barely draw stick ppl.
"Things Fall Apart, The Center Cannot Hold, Mere Anarchy is Loosed Upon The World, The Best Lack All Conviction, The Lest Possess A Passionate Intensity."

William Yates

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:51 pm

GenVagabond wrote:Not sure if this helps anyone at this point.

I have the X-Wing, X-Wing CD, TIE Fighter, and TIE CD manuals with all said content of course.

If I can provide any help at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Little consolation for me since I know crap about 3d model design or texturing. I can barely draw stick ppl.
Redux was created in Spanish, based on Xwing missions all missions are well balanced, however the only work required is translation.
Online translator is not so well, we are still waiting for this till now.

We made another conversion few years ago called XWC which was based on English version of Xwing, including all brief voices. All mission were balanced and tested, that you can find download link from my site.

danyetman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by danyetman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 am

I am reasonably fluent in Spanish (I work with several native Mexicans, and most of my day-to-day dialogue is in Spanish, more for intellectual exercise than out of actual necessity), though I do admit to speaking with an Argentine accent. If you Send me the plaintext, I can easily translate it and send it back.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:32 am

Welcome aboard, I sent you pm already. Hopefully we can finally finish this project with your help.

Gnoizic
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gnoizic » Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 am

waylon wrote: Redux was created in Spanish, based on Xwing missions all missions are well balanced, however the only work required is translation.
Online translator is not so well, we are still waiting for this till now.

We made another conversion few years ago called XWC which was based on English version of Xwing, including all brief voices. All mission were balanced and tested, that you can find download link from my site.
I just downloaded your XWC, very interested in seeing it in action! Unfortunately, every time I go through a briefing, my computer screen goes black and the sound cuts out. Am I doing something wrong?
-The random kid floating in the forums, giving useless advice

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:12 am

Which mission? Actually, I just resleased new version of XWC to be compatible with DSUCP 2.0, please enable "no-cd patch" option on UCP 2.0 that you will not need to trick with XWACD2 to have voiced briefing.

Madmate
Recruit

Post by Madmate » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Thank you, Waylon!!

I'll replay X-Wing again these days.
Do you plan to upgrade Tie Fighter Conversion to DSUCP 2.0 also?
Thank you for you work!

Gnoizic
Bounty Hunter

Post by Gnoizic » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 am

waylon wrote:Which mission? Actually, I just resleased new version of XWC to be compatible with DSUCP 2.0, please enable "no-cd patch" option on UCP 2.0 that you will not need to trick with XWACD2 to have voiced briefing.
Done and done, and this whole thing is phenomenal, I love it! Unfortunately, I just got to the main part of the game and the opening cutscene didn't appear, nor have any prior cutscenes. I can hear the sound in all of them, but it's just a black screen. Got any fixes? Thanks, Waylon, for an awesome mod!
-The random kid floating in the forums, giving useless advice

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 am

You'll need the DivXR 6.8 Codec.

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Madmate wrote:Thank you, Waylon!!

I'll replay X-Wing again these days.
Do you plan to upgrade Tie Fighter Conversion to DSUCP 2.0 also?
Thank you for you work!
Tie fighter conversion didn't require any modification on exe, craft list..... so it is compatible with UCP 2.0 already. All you have to do is choose imperial frontend and enalbe no-cd. Put all audio files (those should be uploaded onto XWACD2) then you can start to enjoy this all over again in high quality mod.
Right after that, should try XvT conversion, all available on my site.

heloguy
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by heloguy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this,

I've tried installing both Waylon's XWC 3.1, and 3.5. So far it's the only XWA mod I haven't been able to get to work. I have 3.5 installed right now, and I've tried all of the pilots, but if I try to load a mission, either in the tour of duty or simulator it freezes up. It will bring up the load page, and stop there.

I noticed he used xwahacker to edit the resolution for 1650x1080. I tried editing with changeres to my native res of 1440x900, but no luck. The last thing I tried was running fixed clear, and setting it in 32-bit mode, but no dice. Now I just get the messed up load screen (normal for 32-bit mode), and it locks up.

I run TFTC, and regular Alliance with both XWAUCP and DSUCP without issues. Not sure why this mod won't work, as I've followed directions in the install instructions to a T, and haven't seen any other records of the same problem. I'm running Win XP SP3, and have been running Alliance on this machine for years. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
I9 12900k

Nvidia RTX 3090

32gb RAM

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip

heloguy
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by heloguy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:35 am

One other thing I tried: I backed up after installing DSUCP 2.1. After installing XWC 3.5, I tried copying the .exe from my DSUCP 2.1 backup into the XWC install. It actually loaded missions, of course the .dats were all wrong for the conversion. There must be something with the modded .exe in XWC 3.5 that my computer doesn't like.
I9 12900k

Nvidia RTX 3090

32gb RAM

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am

heloguy wrote:One other thing I tried: I backed up after installing DSUCP 2.1. After installing XWC 3.5, I tried copying the .exe from my DSUCP 2.1 backup into the XWC install. It actually loaded missions, of course the .dats were all wrong for the conversion. There must be something with the modded .exe in XWC 3.5 that my computer doesn't like.
XWC3.1 works on DSUCP 1.0, XWC 3.5 should work on DSUCP 2.0
Please try to select game resolution as 1024x768 to see if it works. I have to modify xwingalliance.exe to enable trench missions. However, you can do modification yourself, there is tutorial on my site show you how to extend mission pictures.
As for pilot, try to create a new pilot and run tour of duty first see if it works. Let me know if you still have problem with XWC.

heloguy
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by heloguy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for the tip about the DSUCP 1 vs 2. I thought I had the packs matched with the XWC installs like that, but now everything works since I reinstalled. The only thing that doesn't seem to work are the Death Star missions. If I load up the XWC pilot, it brings me to the mission where you have to destroy the gun towers, but there's only a bunch of rebel fighters, and a star destroyer looking object that I'm guessing is the Death Star off in the distance. If I load up a new pilot, it starts me at Dev's Sidestep.
I9 12900k

Nvidia RTX 3090

32gb RAM

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:50 pm

heloguy wrote:Thanks for the tip about the DSUCP 1 vs 2. I thought I had the packs matched with the XWC installs like that, but now everything works since I reinstalled. The only thing that doesn't seem to work are the Death Star missions. If I load up the XWC pilot, it brings me to the mission where you have to destroy the gun towers, but there's only a bunch of rebel fighters, and a star destroyer looking object that I'm guessing is the Death Star off in the distance. If I load up a new pilot, it starts me at Dev's Sidestep.
That means your xwingalliance.exe is not right, of course, you used your backup exe. Please try to use the one from the pack and create a new pilot, use pilot editor to enable all missions that you can test if DS missions work. This is how I generate those pilots, might not work for your system.

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 am

Hi Waylon, sorry to have been again absent for a while.things are looking great, i love your website with all the downloads, i will start testing with the latest version. Do i need my own original Lucas Disk for install or should i use your files? i see there is a new craft pack out great news...glad that project continues too. I am playing SWTOR but want to continue my study of the X wing games....and winter is almost here so i will have time. Great to see you still active, you can e mail me at the same e mail if you want to chat

Cris
Director and Lead Admin
"We Build Worlds"

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 am

CrisGer wrote:Hi Waylon, sorry to have been again absent for a while.things are looking great, i love your website with all the downloads, i will start testing with the latest version. Do i need my own original Lucas Disk for install or should i use your files? i see there is a new craft pack out great news...glad that project continues too. I am playing SWTOR but want to continue my study of the X wing games....and winter is almost here so i will have time. Great to see you still active, you can e mail me at the same e mail if you want to chat

Cris
Hi Cris, good to heard you again. I think your original Lucas disc can work. You can enable no-cd patch from DSUCP 2.1 for XWC3.5, enable no-cd patch and imperial frontend for TFC. Maybe we can pick up some good missions to play online together.

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Glad to see we are all still here....happy new year to everyone. I am going to try to get XWA working again. and will work thru the updated versions of things. Cheers and may the force continue to be with us all.
Director and Lead Admin
"We Build Worlds"

CrisGer
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CrisGer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03 pm

ah good, my older XP system runs XWA fine. It sure looks good, I am looking forward to seeing it with the craft pack update finally. Thanks to all for making this all possible. I can also finally test all of Waylon's great work too. Glad that this older 5500 card works fine with XWA. now better get out the Farlander Papers and work on my piloting skills.
Director and Lead Admin
"We Build Worlds"

TRC Solo
Recruit

Post by TRC Solo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:05 pm

If I'm reading this right was XWing ported to XWA in English? Where can I get it?

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:34 pm

You can download XWC from my site below.

ccox421
Recruit

Post by ccox421 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:36 pm

The TFTC 8-13 is not available any more, could it be possible to re-upload it? Many thanks!

waylon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by waylon » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm

ccox421 wrote:The TFTC 8-13 is not available any more, could it be possible to re-upload it? Many thanks!
I suggest you can try TFC which you can play from battle 1 through 13 without bug, and all voices from cloaking figure are included in the briefing and debriefing.
Please Download DSUCP 2.1 and choose "imperial hanger" and "no-cd patch" options during installation and then TFC on top of it. It's not "total" conversion (without mission pictures in combat chamber) so I called it TFC.