[OPTing] XWA OPT Editor

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: [OPTing] XWA OPT Editor

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Jeremy, in both Opt Editor and the S-Foils Editor, you know the views in both editors are in Perspective, is it possibly add an option to switch it from Perspective to a Flat view (I don't know what else to call it), basically the same view as you see in Optech.

Not so much Opt Editor, but in the S-Foils Editor it would be handy, because in perspective it's hard to judge the level of the landing gear, with a flat view you would be able to see if the landing gear feet are at the same level or not.

a button the same as the other buttons would do, just an on/off button just to switch it from perspective to flat view

Also, is it possible or not to add a slider to the S-foils, so left would be closed and right would be open, when you slide it you'll see the rotation of the s-foils or gear, don't worry if you can't do this, the perspective button would be more important to me :)

Please let me know if it's possible or not for either suggestion

Thanks so much
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Orthographic view is the term I believe he is looking for.
Image Image Image Image Image

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 pm

UPDATE

Changes to XwaSFoilsEditor:
  • add orthographic camera
  • add slider to show s-foils states

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:38 pm

Cheers mate, this is brilliant
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:22 pm

One suggestion and three problems

The suggestion, is could you make the s-foils slider smaller please to about 10cm please

Problem 1 In perspective mode if you press shift and right mouse button the craft moves about fine, but in Orthographic mode the craft disappears

Problem 2 the wireframe for the hitzone boxes becomes really thick like tubes, and so does the craft wireframe, like so
WireframeHitzoneBoxes.jpg
Problem 3, is the wireframe mode, it seems ok at first, when your in perspective mode, you can click the wire frame on and of just fine and it looks fine, but.... then you click on to Orthographic mode initially it's fine, but when you click the wireframe button on and of the wire frame looks like this
WireframeYuk.jpg
But if you click the Orthographic button on and off the wire frame goes back to looking good

Thanks for the Orthographic mode, it really does help :)

Hmm could the S-foils slider be added to Optech, in the transformation section? Hmm.. the problem is the mesh has to be selected, this might not be possible??????

Thanks though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:59 pm

I will fix these problems.

For OPTech, I think that adding a S-Foils slider is not easily possible.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:13 pm

I thought it might be, don't worry about it, thanks to you we now have a programs that'll allow to to see the landing gear down and the s-foils closed, already found one porblem in one of the xwings wings :)
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:00 pm

WIP

I've reduced the length of the slider
I've fixed the issue with the shift+right click command.

EDIT: link removed
Last edited by JeremyaFr on Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 pm

That's it, you fixed looks like all the problems, super fast :D

Cheers mate :)
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:24 pm

UPDATE
Hello,
I've merged the changes from the above WIP version to the stable version.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Thanks again
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi Jeremy, I've spotted a bug in XWA Opt Editor

When deleting FG, sometimes the texture slips (use of a better word)

Say you have

TEX00000
TEX00001
TEX00002
TEX00003
TEX00004
TEX00005
TEX00006

And you want to delete TEX00004, TEX00005, TEX00006, they delete fine but the position of the textures alter, to something like this

TEX00001
TEX00002
TEX00003
TEX00000

If you could take a look please, just to see if there is a problem thanks, or if you can find anything or fix it, would it be possible to add the ability to move the textures up or down (similar to moving the position of the meshes).

I did come across another problem a couple of weeks ago, but I can't seem to replicate it again, that is in the textures tab/illumination

I was trying to zoom close to (I think a) 512x512 texture, but I couldn't zoom in on it for some reason, the red box would only move so far, I checked the other zoom boxes in the Color / Alpha Maps tab and the Color Map Tab and they seem fine it was just the Illumination zoom box, if you could take a look at that to see if there is a problem please

Thanks
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 pm

Hello,
I will take a look.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:07 pm

UPDATE
Hello,
I've updated Xwa Opt Editor.

I've added buttons to move up or down the texture names.
I've updated the WPF Toolkit to the lastest version. I don't know if this fixes the problem with the zoom box.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:50 pm

Thanks for the fixes, at least now it the textures move I can now move the back :D
I'll let you know about the zoom box

- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:01 pm

I think I've figured out what's happening when you delete one of the FG textures

Lets say you have

TEX00014
TEX00036
TEX00037
TEX00014
TEX00032
TEX00014
TEX00014
TEX00014
TEX00014

and you delete the bottom 3 lines of TEX00014, this is what's happening when deleted

TEX00036
TEX00037
TEX00032
TEX00014
TEX00014
TEX00014

It's getting reordered, when it should actually look like this after deleting the bottom 3 lines of TEX00014

TEX00014
TEX00036
TEX00037
TEX00014
TEX00032
TEX00014

It help now with the move up/down, but it would be nice if it didn't happen :)

I'll PM you about the zoom box
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:02 pm

UPDATE
Hello,
I've updated Xwa Opt Editor.

I've fixed the texture names delete command.
I've added a better error message when exception are thrown (the same system that is included in OPTech).

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:43 pm

UPDATE

I've reverted this change:
JeremyaFr wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:07 pm
I've updated the WPF Toolkit to the lastest version. I don't know if this fixes the problem with the zoom box.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:04 pm

UPDATE
I've re-added the feature to select multiple texture names.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks for that

Slight problem though, when you now click on the Texture names, the preview box below just shows the first texture :(
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:41 pm

fixed.

Sorry for that.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:42 pm

No problems :) Thanks :)
- John Lydgate

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:31 am

Hi Jeremy. Have a special request. I know in Optech, we could select adjacent or separate meshes (say they are hull meshes) two or more and group them to become one mesh --with or without child LOD meshes, without destroying the properties and location of the meshes relative to whole model itself. Can this feature be added to XwaOptEditor too? Reason I'm asking is if we max out above 50 hi-res meshes, it makes sense to group meshes as one mesh, and keeps the total mesh count below 51 since vertice count is no longer a real issue. I'm noticing in the current XwaOptEditor, when I "merge" two or more meshes, things seem to get messed up.

Also, can you generally explain the "flat textures check" and how it works? Not the programming syntax. I think I understand what it means, but trying to figure out how to avoid that error to begin with, if it matters. Thank you.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:13 pm

A flat texture is a face with several vertices having the same texture coordinates. That means that the coords don't form a triangle on the texture.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:13 pm

So could I get a quick tutorial on Illumination with opt editor? I have a ship of Warb's waiting on some illumination before I think it's finished and a couple other ships mentioned in the past have no illumination where they should, but I don't know how to do illumination and since I'm to the point of needing to, some help would be appreciated. Thanks!