AlliED error on start

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: AlliED error on start

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:12 am

I have a DVD drive and using Win10 x64 Pro but I don't that's the root issue. AlliED is functional but doesn't quite look or work the same. I think it's because Troy compiled AlliED under delphi or old version of MS VisualBasic/Studio which used objects/controls from the old MSDN library of .dll, ActiveX controls etc which are not really supported anymore on modern operating systems. I could be wrong but that's what I recall.
Last edited by Bman on Sun May 03, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Upchuk
Recruit

Post by Upchuk » Sat May 02, 2020 10:07 pm

I created an account just so I could confim. I downloaded the ALLIED 1573 and was getting a boat load of errors. After downloading Deamon Tools lite and creating a drive, ALLIED fired right up with no issues. So if you are like me without an optical drive, then get an ISO mounting program and create a drive.

tiepilottillard1701
Galactic Empire

Post by tiepilottillard1701 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:35 am

Had a problem similar to that many here report experiencing (ie memory errors), but fixed it by plugging in an USB optical drive.
Executor class Star Dreadnaught, 17.6km keel<BR>Superior class Star Battleship, 12.8km keel<BR>Nythes class Star Battlecruiser, 8km keel<BR>Allegence class Star Cruiser, 2.2km keel<BR>Imperator class Star Destroyer, 1.6km keel