Custom Ships in GOG?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Custom Ships in GOG?

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:55 am

Hi guys,

Great news about GOG releasing our favorite game! :D Thanks so much to Darksaber and everybody else who worked the craft packs, the ships, the backgrounds, EVERYTHING! :geek: It's just been so phenomenal over the years.

One stupid question I've not seen addressed yet...or maybe I missed it, I am getting old :^^:

I still have the TOS Battlestar Galactica ship set that I love using in this game. Can you still add a single custom OPT with the changes GOG made to the EXE? :?

Thanks in advance,

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Quick reply, yes you can still add custom craft, as long as you don't overwrite the xwingalliance.exe, it's needs to be patched not replaced.

Due to GoG adding certain fixes to the xwingalliance.exe, you can't simply replace the xwingalliance.exe anymore!

it's like Waylon's X-Wing Alliance Mod's NONE of these will work correctly now with the GOG version of XWA, due to him being lazy and just including a modified version of the xwingalliance.exe, which are usless now, due to the modifications GOG made.

All of My installers backup and patch the xwingalliance.exe, the only installer I wouldn't trust that I made would be the TFTCv1.0, but this no longer works correctly anyhow, I should remove the link form my download page.

So, if you download a patch or set of file that come wing an xwingalliance.exe, and you have the GOG version of XWA installed

DO NOT REPLACE THE XWINGALLIANCE.EXE

They should be on with the Disc versions of XWA though, and of course if your replace an individual craft, that come with a MXvTED.shp file

But if this Battlestar Galactica shit set includes the xwingalliance.exe don't installit unless your installed XWA from disc

Enough of my ranting :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks Darksaber,

I still have my disks so if I have to absolutely play with these ships, I'll do it that way.

If anybody's interested, here's a link to the 4 Battlestar Galactica ships I have...

TOS Viper
TOS Cylon Raider
Battlestar
Baseship

https://www.mediafire.com/?5xe150mjw9b1x2o

Only the Baseship/star has a .SHP file with it.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Have this BSG Ships his Own Laser Sounds?