Victory I & II using the same OPT

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Victory I & II using the same OPT

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Hey,

Just to see what would happen, I started trying to use MXvTed ver 4 on the GOG version of the game. In looking around, I noticed that on the OPT file tab in MXvTed, the path to the OPT for both the Victory Class Star Destroyers, I & II are both pointing to the same OPT.

The VSD is in Slot 138
The VSDII is in Slot 149

Here's the kicker...

If I change the path for one, it changes the path for both. I wanted to make the...

VSD go to FlightModels\VictoryStarDestroyer.opt

VSD II go to FlightModels\VICTORYSTARDESTROYER2.opt

I wanted to make the Venator Class as the VSD and Valiant Class as VSDII (They are the only ships from the prequels I like). For now, I've set both VSDs to use the Venator OPT, but I'd really like to be able to use both.

Any body seen this before and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:14 pm

In the GOG version as in the Original CD version, both the VSD, VSD2, ISD, ISD2 point to the same opts, the VictoryStarDestroyer2.opt and ImperialStarDestroyer2.opt that it that's your lot. They are the only 2 opts you get and yes both slot point to the same opt, you can't change that in MXvTED, this has to be done in BinHexEdit or you could download Both VSD's and/or the ISD's from the download page install them and then you will have individual opts assigned to each slot.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks Darksaber!!!! :D

That worked perfectly. I used your idea of downloading the projects VDS I & II, which changed the path for each ship to what it should be. The last time I tried to use Bin Hex I completely screwed everything up.

Thanks again!

Thaeris
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Thaeris » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:41 am

Bit of a lame question, but exactly how much labor is one looking at to get XWA to run with the full features of the XWAUP - at least with the GOG version? Again, I apologise for the lameness of the question, but between work and other affairs it's just not something I've settled down to tackle yet. Is there a concise answer that won't be a bother to answer available for this question?

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:07 pm

You run an installer, tick a few boxes, and you're done.