Changing FOV/POV of in-cockpit textures

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Changing FOV/POV of in-cockpit textures

durka
Cadet 4th Class

Post by durka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:19 pm

(accidently put this in the wrong forum to start with. It's been deleted and I re-posted here. Wups!)

Hi all. I know it's been mentioned on here before, mentioned in one of the X-Wing cockpit threads, but I can't seem to find it either by search or scrolling through. Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable folks here could help out...

I know it's an easy fix to change the FOV of the starfield in the game using xwahacker, but I was wondering if it's possible to change the FOV of the actual cockpit textures? I rather like to play with them on, but the cockpit of the Correlian ships seems a bit stuffy compared to the rest, like my nose is up against the glass rather than sitting back in a chair. Is it possible to do this? Thanks!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:29 pm

No you didn't put it in the wrong forum, I moved it to the correct forum Editing

Where it will be moved to again!

To answer your question, your talking about Cockpit P.O.V (Point Of View) not F.O.V. (Field of View)

You can used editing tools like BinHexEdit (BHE) or MXvTED to change the P.O.V.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

durka
Cadet 4th Class

Post by durka » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:39 am

I wouldn't have posted it again if you had either let me know you had moved it. As it was, I thought I posted it in an unintended forum.