Steam version X-wing Alliance to spanish

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Steam version X-wing Alliance to spanish

Daveclarke
Recruit

Post by Daveclarke » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:44 pm

well just replace "Wave" folder from the orginal cdroom (spanish) to the steam folder ......\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance.

now a question guys this method just translate audio, but what about text on screen? anyone knows what i need to replace to do that? thanks in advance.

i have my original copy of starwars x-wing alliance in spanish (2 CDroom)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:33 pm

There should be a file called XWA.TAB on your Spanish CD, copy this to your XWA Dir also, as this should have all the Spanish text.

Hope that solves your problem
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Daveclarke
Recruit

Post by Daveclarke » Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 am

Darksaber wrote:There should be a file called XWA.TAB on your Spanish CD, copy this to your XWA Dir also, as this should have all the Spanish text.

Hope that solves your problem
Yes, thats it. Folder "Wave" + "XWA.tab" file from you original cdroom and paste it on ...\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance. the first one it says to replace folder, and click yes. there's no file called XWA.tab on steam version so just copy and paste in the main folder ...\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance. and Done. and i think this little trick works on every localization not only on spanish.