Tech room low res models

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Tech room low res models

finnagin
Recruit

Post by finnagin » Tue May 19, 2015 2:48 am

I've noticed that some models(including default) are not showing at proper resolution in the Tech Room. A good example is the Assault Transport and the Imperial Research Ship. In mission they look much better. Also is there a way to add missing models to the TR without encountering in the campaign without changing with MxvTed?

EDIT: It ended up being a save issue with the low res stuff. New game and it is working normally.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri May 29, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello,

The game uses a resolution of 640x480 for the concourse. That's why the models may appear in lower quality in Tech Room than in mission.

finnagin
Recruit

Post by finnagin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Seems like a mip issue or constraint. Just certain models are effected that seem to have the problem. The Platforms 1-6, Family Repair Yard, Imperial Research Ship, Repair Yard, the Golans, Shipyard, Comm Relay and a bunch of others. I know most don't have new opts but full detail they hold up just fine so maybe it's mip tied to relative distance approximation. Strange thing is I had them all full res once after starting a new pilot but it quickly reverted to the low res versions.