Is it possible to modify the spacecraft flight properties

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Is it possible to modify the spacecraft flight properties

Youda008
Recruit

Post by Youda008 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:30 pm

First i would like to express you great thanks and appreciation for what you are working on for us, since no company is willing to create such game with modern graphics.

But i'm the kind of a gamer, who prefers gameplay over appearance.
And since you are already involved in XWA modding and know how things work there, i would like to ask one question:
Is it possible to modify spacecraft properties and abilities like turn-rate, roll-rate, flight speed, acceleration, responsiveness, fire-rate, weapon damage, shield&hull durability, recharge times, etc... ? There is basically no dogfighting and ACM in the XWA, you just pull full joystick, point your nose at the enemy in 2 seconds and shoot .... i think that's quite a pity and a huge hole in the game, which has been totally ignored until now.

No, i don't mean you should start working on this too, i mean would like to take a look at it on my own. I'm, a programmer, and i have been modding another game before. I wish the game had more "authentic" experience, so it felt more like the battles in the movies.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:04 am

Easiest way to do that is to use the MXvTED, which you can find at Darksaber's website:

Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Scott Shades
Recruit

Post by Scott Shades » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:36 am

I have recently started using Mxvted4 again. I get a range error check loading that program. I have reinstalled Mxvted4. I do have DSUCP 2.3 installed. I did try it loading it with the backup xwingalliance.exe in the backup file to see if it would work with the original file and it did. Can you use Mxvted4 with DSUCP 2.3 installed?

Gabriel Solo
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Gabriel Solo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:49 pm

Traducir

Lo estas corriendo como administrador, porque sino no funciona

What are you running as administrator, otherwise not work

Scott Shades
Recruit

Post by Scott Shades » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:25 am

Yes. running as administrator.

Scott Shades
Recruit

Post by Scott Shades » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Never mined. Reinstalled DSUCP 2.3 and everything is fine.

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:58 pm

Following up on that, if you have DSUCO 2.2, do you need to do anything with it to download 2.3? or will 2.3 just replace 2.2?
Founder of Z3R0 (Zero Command)
https://xdragon2688.wixsite.com/z3ro/