maybe inside out?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

maybe inside out?

barkvaros
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by barkvaros » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:33 pm

hello everyone, finally i was abble to import my obj file to xwa, but it seems like the textures are inside out or something? hard to actually describe it, first of all, if i use a basic texture, (like a color from paint i just created) it shows that texture but some components from the other side of the ship cover it, while i can see some of the texture from the other side, on a previous ship, every effect was able to be seen throught these textures, then i decided to test with some higher quality textures so i imported some from the xwa folder(xwau ship but it was just for testingi promise :D) and it didnt even show up on the ship when i tried to put it on...the other problem is i cant get the ship to be in the right direction, i did all the rotations but there is always one side which goes bad, ill explain, so there are the front view, right side view and top view buttons, one of them is always off and it doesnt matter where i rotate the ship...
thank you for your time! :)

barkvaros
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by barkvaros » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:34 pm

i can upload pictures if i wasnt understandable enough :)

Rasalas
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Rasalas » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 pm

barkvaros wrote:hello everyone, finally i was abble to import my obj file to xwa, but it seems like the textures are inside out or something?
That sounds like the vertices of your model are in wrong order. To correct this in Optech you have to open the "Fix" drop-down menu and select "Vertex Order". After that you have to recalculate face and vertex normal. Both are fund in the "Calculate" drop-down menu.

barkvaros
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by barkvaros » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Sent a pm, it almost worked out :)