XWA Patch to enable Tour of Duty in Multi

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: XWA Patch to enable Tour of Duty in Multi

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Another thing I've noticed is that the MC80 Star Cruiser Maria is a MC80 Reef Home Star Cruiser (R/CRS) in the missions extracted from DSUCP v2.5, whereas it's a MC80 Liberty Star Cruiser (L/CRS) in Tour of Duty in Multi. I personally agree with the latter, because it's a Liberty type according to Wookieepedia too.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maria_(M ... r_Cruiser)

In Empire at War the cruisers Liberty and Maria have the same opt, and Empire at War (2006) is a later source than X-Wing Alliance (1999), therefore when it comes to classify crafts it "should" be a more reliable one.
Of course this is only valid for the Legends continuity.
In the Canon universe the MC80 Star Cruiser Maria has never been identified yet.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 pm

This patch adds functionality to the skirmish menu that enables access to an entirely separate mission folder and associated .lst file similar to the default ones, but in an entirely different folder. This is how you utilize the multiplayer missions and add new ones to the menu. That said, that don't even need to be multiplayer missions either.

Theoretically allowing you to group and have infinite campaigns.

Imagine having X-wing, TIE fighter, XvT, and Xwa all in one game engine and install. It's entirely possible using this mod and file structure.

And if you mess something up it doesn't affect the base campaign.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:04 am

Driftwood wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Imagine having X-wing, TIE fighter, XvT, and Xwa all in one game engine and install. It's entirely possible using this mod and file structure.
This is really awesome!
One of the projects I'm planning to do is an update to Waylon's X-Wing Alliance Mod to make all those missions look more X-Wing Alliance style.
Having the whole X-Wing Series in 1 upgraded game will soon be reality.

Well, in the most optimistic case it won't be ready until late 2019. :D
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:33 pm

I have posted a new topic for this. The patch is now a dll hook.