Editing Capital Ship Laser Rate

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Editing Capital Ship Laser Rate

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi there,

Complete noob on modding, but something that has always bugged me (and I'm sure a few others) is how slow the capital ship lasers fire. I've seen some videos by others who have modded the capship lasers to be more in line with the movies. Could someone point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this best?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Hello,
Does this thread answers to your question?:
http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3008/vie ... =9&t=11749

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Jeremy,

It doesn't seem to be working. I've changed all of the lasers using MxVTed's weapon editor, but they all seem to be the same laser speed as normal no matter how fast I set them. Am I missing something?

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Sat May 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Sorry to necro this post, but I still seem to be having an issue with saving weapon speeds with MXvTed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 pm

When I was testing the VSD the lasers were firing super fast I thought.
Something which I'm not sure was connected could be the difficulty. See if it varies on hard settings
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Kampher
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Kampher » Sat May 09, 2020 8:23 pm

I haven't noticed much of a difference based on settings. I mostly would like to change the "superlaser" which I believe are the big turbolasers the ISD's pour out - they fire slower than ship speeds. Any time I try to change any properties using the weapon editor, nothing saves or sticks.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Rebel (default red) and Imperial (default green) superlasers are not so slow to be slower than fighters, even with all cannons, shields and beam recharges redirected to engines.
The only exceptions are maybe TIE Defenders, Planetary fighters and TIE Avengers. These 3 fighters with all power to engines might have a chance to outrun a superlaser blast.
Still, you are right that those superlaser blasts are too slow to be realistic. Have you tried to use the latest version of BinHexEdit? Look at the "Weapons - Speed" section.