XWC, DSUCP, and hooks

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

XWC, DSUCP, and hooks

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 am

Waylon's XWC is built on DSUCP 2.2 and has some further changes to the exe, which results in some compatibility issues with more recent versions of DSUCP. I was thinking - would it be possible to analyze the XWC exe against the DSUCP 2.2 exe to isolate Waylon's changes and reimplement them as one or more hooks, so as to resolve the conflicts moving forward? Or for lack of the DSUCP 2.2 exe, compare to the stock exe, ruling out any known patches?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:40 am

You don't need hooks or patches, Waylon just needs to update his WCX!

I suggest you PM him here
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 am

Hmm, ok, PM sent, since that's certainly a good way to start. But in the event that Waylon is totally incommunicado - same question.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

If it's X-Wing Conversion 4.0 or XWC4.0+XvT(rebel) your trying to install or play

Wait a minute haven't you read his install instructions?

I quote
Patch file manually: If you prefer keep your setup intact and play death star missions. You can use Mxvted to patch files yourself. Ship data is in SHP from the pack, just write above 4 opts into corresponding slot.
You will also need to change battle and mission number by using BinHexEdit. Set battle number into 29, mission number 239. This will to enable custom battle and mission pictures in combat chamber.
All you have to do is install 4 *.shp file, using MXvTED he's provided all the files you need, you just have to make the effort and learn how to install these things, Tutorials are on my website, use them!

If installing manually DO NOT install the provided XwingAlliance.exe
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station