Corellian Transports turrets: Rate of Fire

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Corellian Transports turrets: Rate of Fire

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:27 am

I don’t know if this has been already discussed or not, but I just wished to report that with the XWACP v1.5 or DSUCP v2.5 installed the rate of fire of the turrets (autofire mode or defensive fire mode) on Corellian Transports is double of that in the vanilla XWA game.
I mean the YT-1300 transport has 1 turret: 2 shots/second in vanilla XWA and 4 shots/second with XWACP v1.5 installed.
YT-2000 and Millennium Falcon have 2 turrets: 4 shots/second in vanilla XWA and 8 shots/second with XWACP v1.5 installed.

Is this a mistake or is it just as intended with the Upgrade Project?

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:33 pm

I think it's intended, the firing speed look closer to the movie with the XWAUP opt
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:16 am

both Otana and Millennium Falcon mount quad laser turrets, so they basically should rade twice the firepower rate of a standard CEC transport with civilian armament

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:36 am

YT-2000 Otana and the Millennium Falcon have 2 quad laser turrets, so they have x2 the turret firepower of a YT-1300 transport, and this happens both in the vanilla game and with any of the craft packs installed. I only reported that all the flyable Corellian Transports have x2 the turret rate of fire they had in the vanilla game for each turret.
I was just focusing on the rate of fire of a single turret. If the turret count is increased, the total turret firepower is obviously increased as well.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:31 am

Yep. Trick you can try in XWAOptEditor, if you want all four quad laser turrets to fire at once for a each RotaryGunTurret mesh, you have to double the laser hardpoints i.e. "TurboRebelLaser" on each barrel from one to two. So a total of 8 TurboRebelLaser hardpoints on each of the two meshes for the Mil. Falcon for example. Otherwise the game engine uses one HP at a time for a given mesh. Another example, the Assault Transport has multiple duel barrel rotary meshes. Double the 2 hardpoints to 4 for each mesh, in order to get 2 lasers to fire concurrently from each mesh. This does affect game play.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:04 pm

All the XWAUP Corellian YT craft already have 4 laser hardpoints per gun turrets, the vanilla craft only have the 2 hardpoints per turret

If you believe the fire rate is too high then you can remove the extra hardpoints, either use XWA Opt Editor or you can use MxVted to change 2 of the hardpoints.

A present the XWAUP YT's won't be changed.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station