In game audio formatting

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

In game audio formatting

CagiVasu
Rebel Alliance

Post by CagiVasu » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am

I've been writing my own campaign and I'm ready to attach my first placeholder voiceover WAVs to messages. They aren't playing in engine however. I've done some testing and has to be an issue with my file, something with the encoding, or bit/sample rate maybe. Does anyome know the specific audio parameter for custom in game audio? I'm using audacity and AlliEd.

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:29 am

The original voice files are PCM unsigned 8 bit, 11025 Hz, 88 kbps, mono.
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 pm

So you are writing a custom campaign.
I'm a bit curious: when is it set?
Before Endor or post Endor?

CagiVasu
Rebel Alliance

Post by CagiVasu » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 am

Early days in the rebellion, when it was mostly independent resistance cells. A few years before Rogue Oneish. You start as a space cop for some backwater planet. The empire has just decided to annex your planet. Most people are glad about it, the planet hasn't been galactically relevant for a couple hundred years after their mines went dry. The orbital defence for you work for is an underfunded group of people who just got basically a blank cheque from the Empire, so they are all extra happy about it. Making the galaxy great again. MGGA. The first act is regular police work and helping with the imperialization. Characters and setting exposition, setting up your emotions to be hurt later.

But eventually they become dissilusioned once the Empire is a bit more brutal than the brochures let on. An incident convinces your squad that those violent hippies were right along, the Empire has got to go. So you try a bit of violent resistance but lack support. Your squad of z95s just isn't enough. You need to find other resisters and work together with combined resources, and that's your first intro the fledgling rebel alliance. You help round up other rag tag resistance cells into the alliance, and because of your squads experience, you take a big role in building the rebel fleet, transitioning from splinter cells into an alliance capable of conventional warfare once in a while. That's act 2. Your main goal in the campaign will be to create a rebel presence on that backwater planet. Old friends are now foes, but now they have much better ships and support. That's act 3.
Last edited by CagiVasu on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

CagiVasu
Rebel Alliance

Post by CagiVasu » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 am

Rich C wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:29 am
The original voice files are PCM unsigned 8 bit, 11025 Hz, 88 kbps, mono.
Thank you so much!