AlliED hyperspace exit points?

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

AlliED hyperspace exit points?

72Steve72
Recruit

Post by 72Steve72 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:53 am

Hello, new to AlliED and the forums. I was having some problems getting my FGs to depart via hyperspace to the correct region. The last order they have right now is to hyper to region 3, and the jump to condition is when all of GG4 is destroyed. The FGs do depart, but for some reason they return to region 1, and subsequently fly home. :hilfe:

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:14 pm

There is a difference between "Departure" and "Hyper to Region N": Departure means that the FG will leave the game, Hyper to Region N is just an order.

If you set a Departure condition X, when X becomes true the FG will leave the game.
There are 2 ways a FG can leave the game: via Hyperspace or via another craft.
If you set via Hyperspace all crafts belonging to that FG will go to the Depart Hyp coordinates (you can set them using the WP editor) and then they will enter hyperspace and leave the game. Those coordinates are the same regardless of the region (I believe).

If you set via another ship all crafts belonging to that FG will enter hyperspace and exit in the region where that ship is, then they will enter hangar.
If that ship has already "departed" the FG will use the alternative via.

I recommend using via Hyperspace or via a ship with a hangar to avoid issues.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Hyper to Region N is an order. When you set such an order, I also recommend setting 2 waypoints using the WP editor to get the HS vector.
When the jump condition for that order becomes true, the FG will perform "Hyper to Region N", so they will go to the waypoints set and then they will enter hyperspace. When the FG arrives in Region N, the crafts will perform all orders you have set for that FG in Region N.

When all orders available for that FG with a jump condition true have been performed, all crafts belonging to that FG will "fly home" because they have "completed mission".
"Fly home" means they "depart", so the FG will leave the game.

What did you do?
You set the order "Hyper to Region 3" with jump condition "100% of GG 4 must be destroyed".
After all crafts belonging to GG 4 have been destroyed, the FG will go to the waypoints set for the order "Hyper to Region 3" and then they will enter hyperspace.

As far as you wrote, the FG has no orders in Region 3, therefore they will have "Completed mission", so they will immediately "fly home".
If you wish to have the crafts belonging to that FG stay in Region 3, you can set the order in Region 3 "Orbit/Permanently disabled".

72Steve72
Recruit

Post by 72Steve72 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 am

Thank you so much! The last thing you said was the problem. There were no orders in region 3. I actually thought of it on my own as well at work today and i think your post just confirmed it. About to go try it out. Thanks for all the details, very useful info! Glad to see the enthusiasm for the game is alive and well!

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 am

If you are using AlliED I suggest you download the updated "Class.txt" and "Conds.txt" from here: https://xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 9&start=25
in case you haven't got them yet. Installation: simply backup and replace the old "Class.txt" and "Conds.txt" files in your AlliED directory.