Problem with Mission 0 battle 8 Deep Space Strike Evaluation

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Problem with Mission 0 battle 8 Deep Space Strike Evaluation

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi I'm having a problem on said mission when I hyper to the last region where you have to destroy 25% of the convoy my wing-man doesn't seem to hyperspace with me, and I tried everything in game to make it happen but it won't I not sure what is causing the problem if anyone can help I'd be grateful.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:14 am

Your wing-man is Y-W Gold Leader in Battle 0 Mission 8 and Target Area 2, I mean the Region where you have to destroy CRKC Sodrab, is Region 3.
Let's analyze orders assigned to Y-W Gold Leader in that region.
Order 2 in Region 3 is "Hyper to Region 4" and Region 4 is Target Area 3, where you have to destroy 25% of Global Group 12, the convoy.

The problem is in the jump to order 2 in R3 condition "CRKC Sodrab must be destroyed and at least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive".
If you wish Y-W Gold Leader to follow you as soon as you leave Region 3 you have to replace the second line (At least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive)
with "100% of Flight Group Y-W Rookie 1 must leave Region 3".

You can otherwise use the same condition (I mean the second line) set for YT-1300 Selu in B0M3:
"The special craft of Flight Group HSN/B Target Area 3 must be in proximity of Y-W Rookie 1".
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:01 am

thanks for the reply I manage to fix it what I did is what you said, changing the second line (At least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive) with "100% of Flight Group Y-W Rookie 1 must leave Region 3" he now leaves to region 4 when you leave region 3 and he does arrive at region 4 like he is suppose to.

I leave the file here with it fix her so if some has this problem they can download it

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:11 am

it seems i cannot post the file so until I'm given permission I hold onto and when i do get permission i will upload it.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:08 pm

There is a thing I didn't think about: this solution solves the problem, but it also creates another one.
Now Y-W Gold Leader performs the order "Hyper to Region 4" ONLY IF you leave Region 3 (and CRKC Sodrab is destroyed).
This is not good, because he says "Okay, there's bravery, and there's stupidity." if you try to fight against what ISD Nullifier will send against you.
That second line (At least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive) was there to make Y-W Gold Leader escape in this case.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:24 pm

I think the most durable solution would be leaving the jump to order 2 in R3 condition as it is (CRKC Sodrab must be destroyed and at least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive) and adding a fourth order for Y-W Gold Leader in Region 3: "Hyper to Region 4" with the same 2 waypoints as order 2, but with jump condition "100% of Flight Group Y-W Rookie 1 must leave Region 3 OR the special craft of Flight Group HSN/B Target Area 3 must be in proximity of Y-W Rookie 1".

Edit: the correct jump condition is "CRKC Sodrab must be destroyed and 100% of Flight Group Y-W Rookie 1 must leave Region 3" as the first line is required anyway as I wrote in my last post.
I got confused by the fact that there are 2 hyper buoys in 2 different regions with the same tactical role. Thanks Blazingfirestorm.
Last edited by Mark_Farlander on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 pm

what i did was copy region 2 orders for gold leader and modify it such as changing the the first line 100% of message 8 must be shown to 100% of message 28 must be shown which after destroying the CRKC Sodrab which seems to work. i get your point but he should leave the region when you leave the region but you could add another order saying he should leave when the T/I show up

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:38 pm

That's without doubt another excellent solution. More solutions to the same problem.

I think Mark was also referring to the fact there are only 2 lines available to set a jump to order condition (2 conditions linked with AND/OR), whereas there are 4 lines to set an Arrival condition. This is a huge limitation when trying to fix order-related and jump-condition-related problems.
I'm afraid the number of lines (partial condition) is hard-coded... :?

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:37 pm

right I just uninstall the game with the update models and reinstall it with no updated models and looking at the mission on allied on region 4 if you look at Y-W gold leader arrival tab it says 100% flight group Y-Wing rookie 1 1 always true where on the updated mission it is set to 100% flight group Y-Wing rookie 11 must arrive so i wonder if that is causing the problem haven't tested yet

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:18 am

Just checked the Arrival condition for Y-Wing Gold Leader and it is set to "(Always true) (In Mission Craft List)" both in the 1999 mission and in the updated mission.
The difference between (Always true) and (Always true) (In Mission Craft List) is that in the second case the first 2 lines refer to Flight Group [Player's Flight Group] must (Always true).

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:24 am

Arrival condition=condition that triggers the FG to enter the game (via HS or another craft).
This has nothing to do with that FG leaving a region and entering another one.
The problem was caused by a jump to order condition, not by the Arrival condition.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:21 am

Yeah my bad I made so many edits I got confused but to the problem I don’t how to to fix it because when I played this mission before I never had a problem of gold leader arriving in region 4 even when I just destroyed the CRKC sodrab and then left to region 4 he would arrive.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi again I think I manged to fix the problem I been having with this mission I've also fix a lot about this mission that has really bug me in the past such as audio not playing correctly, wing-man attacking platforms when they are already destroyed and so on. Here it's the altered mission with the fix, it would great if it went into an offical XWA upgrade craft pack or something
Altered 1b0m8w.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:22 pm

I see you have changed the jump to order 2 in R3 condition for Y-W Gold Leader from "100% of CRKC Sodrab must be destroyed and at least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive" to "100% of Y-W Rookie 1 must leave Region #3 or at least one of T/I Gamma 1 must arrive".
This solves the problem, but it also creates another one: if you leave region 3 and return to C/CRS Defiance to reload before CRKC Sodrab has been destroyed, Y-W Gold Leader will perform the order "Hyper to Region 4" as well, leaving you alone in region 3 when you come back to finish the Carrack cruiser.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:07 pm

i see your point, well the only way I can see is setting another order with hyper conditions of Y-W to leave when T/I gamma arrives