Problem with Mission 0 battle 9 Starfighter Superiority Evaluation

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Problem with Mission 0 battle 9 Starfighter Superiority Evaluation

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:30 pm

playing the mission when I hyper to region 2 the first tie fighter doesn't arrive into the region so I look the mission data on allied and I saw that on said tie fighter (T/F Alpha 1) arrival is set to (all but one Flight group X-W Green 1 must be in proximity of HSN/B CRS Defiance) which is why the tie fighter isn't showing up because there is no Hyper space navigation buoy CRS Defiance in the region.

looking at the orginal mission data the same tie fighter arrival data is (all but one Flight group X-W Green 1 must be in proximity of HSN/B solo) so I wonder if it should be that. Your thoughts

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes, that's precisely what causes the problem. A new Flight Group has been added (MTRNS CC 5) with the installer of the new Alliance Platform (you have installed it for sure).
Due to how mission editors work, the Arrival condition for T/F Alpha 1 still refers to Flight Group #39/88, which is no longer HSN/B Solo (in Region 1), but HSN/B CRS Defiance.
The simplest solution is to move MTRNS CC 5 at the end of the list (before the backdrops).
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Hi I come to this topic because I just played this mission again and forget to fix it so I going to upload the fix version here
Mission fixes 1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:41 pm

hi everyone just checking back with post, I thought more people would be downloading this fix for the level and giving their opinion of it. if more people download it and suggest players use it that would make me happy.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:33 pm

I've just played the mission with my fix and adjusted it, some of the audio messages weren't playing correctly here is the new mission fix
1B0m9w.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.