Crew Quarters Picture Change

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Crew Quarters Picture Change

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:32 pm

This is for the Imperial Install of DSUCP2.6

This also includes the melee helmet rank name changes I prefer because I'm not really sure how to implement the specific line changes in both the Fronttxt (line 1128) and family awards file (lines 51 and 52)

A friend of mine in the 501st Finnish Garrison who is an accomplished artist (I'm trying to enlist her support for a few art things) provided me permission to use her likeness from one of her more famous art pieces. I always thought it a little weird that an Imperial pilot would have a picture of Tavion on his wall (From the imperial Install). This just seemed a little more realistic, to me anyway. Personal preference I guess.

Example Image 1:
https://imgur.com/6TizPnN
Example Image 2:
https://imgur.com/k6u4daU

Download: https://darksaber.xwaupgrade.com/temp/B ... pic_v2.rar
Anyone can use this if you like, and you can add it to the pack next time Darksaber, and if you want clean edits, please note the line changes above so I don't mess up your other potential changes to those files.

PS: Please note that the actual image change in the Frontend_UCP file is at address 15900-900.
Last edited by ual002 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:55 pm

I like it. Always thought of the Tavion picture as an easteregg, but I do like this one.

These little details are cool additional spices for the Imperial campaign I'm working on.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Ahhh you used an older version of the Frontend_UCP.dat, it must have been from v2.5 as I updated quiet a few of the images in the version from v2.6 :(

No matter I love the image and the changes, the Taverlon image was just because I wanted a change from the rebel version but could think of anything else to use :)

If your willing would it be possible to send me the original image then I'll insert in the updated frame I made for the new frontend dat :)

Thanks again
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Oh yeah def. I realized I never actually started from 2.6. But if giving you the image is easier, than that also sounds good.

https://imgur.com/oWfhABT

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:36 pm

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm

If you fix it now, I can update my download so no one gets out of whack with their version.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:26 pm

OK here is the update

BONUS_Finnlay_Officer_pic_v2.rar
- John Lydgate