Changing flightgroup colors/IFF voices in skirmish

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Changing flightgroup colors/IFF voices in skirmish

sbunten
Recruit

Post by sbunten » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:56 pm

Okay, so I was a little hesitant to ask about this, figuring I could find something online, but I’ve looked for quite awhile and haven’t been able to figure it out yet.

It’s my understanding that one can change the XWA flightgroup colors and IFF settings for campaign missions in programs like AllIED, but is there a way to set a default for skirmish? I always play as the Empire and I haven’t figured out the full extent of AllIED yet (actually kind of broke the original campaign on AllIED :D ) and I usually just play a series of skirmishes when I play XWA.

As far as changing the flightgroup colors in skirmish, the only way I have found is to start a skirmish, then edit its .tie file in AllIED - does anyone know if there is either an easier way or a way to default to different colors?

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Team 1 is Iff rebel, team 2 is off imperial. Simply put the player craft in team 2 if you're really that picky about skirmish faction. It's literally that easy.

Or, you could build a combat mission using the multiplayer campaign hook functionality and you can be whatever faction you want, with full mission features not normally available in skirmish.

But unless you're proficient with allied and know how to use the combat mission feature from a developer perspective, then I'd not suggest using that method until you learn that and allied better.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:24 pm

I've been considering maybe making some youtube vids of creating missions in ALLIED with the current build of DSUCP. Touching on everything from pilot editors, to simple missions all the way to the more complex, including multiple regions, voice lines, and so on. If interest is high enough I can maybe get a curriculum together. Additionally, I would consider doing a twitch live stream so I could solve and answer problems in real time presented as questions in the chat. Let me know if something like this would help you.
Image Image Image Image Image

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Hello,

You can replace marking, iff, pilot voice for flightgroups in .tie mission file with the mission tie hook.

See viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12142

For a skirmish mission, the file will be "temp.txt" or "temp.ini" in the "skirmish" folder.

sbunten
Recruit

Post by sbunten » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:07 pm
Team 1 is Iff rebel, team 2 is off imperial. Simply put the player craft in team 2 if you're really that picky about skirmish faction. It's literally that easy.

Or, you could build a combat mission using the multiplayer campaign hook functionality and you can be whatever faction you want, with full mission features not normally available in skirmish.

But unless you're proficient with allied and know how to use the combat mission feature from a developer perspective, then I'd not suggest using that method until you learn that and allied better.
Well, I know the capital laser coloring and flight colors are Imperial but there are no in flight Imperial voices in skirmish. Radio chatter is silent unless it’s on team one.

Okay - now I feel even dumber for asking this, but how can I utilize the multiplayer campaign hook functionality? For a game I’ve played weekly for 20 years, there’s apparently a lot I don’t know about XWA

sbunten
Recruit

Post by sbunten » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:08 pm

ual002 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:24 pm
I've been considering maybe making some youtube vids of creating missions in ALLIED with the current build of DSUCP. Touching on everything from pilot editors, to simple missions all the way to the more complex, including multiple regions, voice lines, and so on. If interest is high enough I can maybe get a curriculum together. Additionally, I would consider doing a twitch live stream so I could solve and answer problems in real time presented as questions in the chat. Let me know if something like this would help you.
Ual002,

I’d very much appreciate the video tutorials! I’m an auditory learner, myself. There’s a lot I don’t know about XWA even though I’ve played it for 20 years now.

sbunten
Recruit

Post by sbunten » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:10 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Hello,

You can replace marking, iff, pilot voice for flightgroups in .tie mission file with the mission tie hook.

See viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12142

For a skirmish mission, the file will be "temp.txt" or "temp.ini" in the "skirmish" folder.
Thanks for the info and link, JeremyaFr!

Is this update compatible with Darksaber’s ultimate craft pack? I run 2.6 right now.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Yes

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:35 pm

JeremyaFr, did you see my other post about sending mission data to the different sections on the mission stats reader in the pilot quarters? I wonder if it could be done in a same way by using the tie mission hook.
Image Image Image Image Image

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:39 pm

The combat mission hook is new, as are all the hooks. It didn't exist until very recently.

Well, I'm not sure skirmish missions as default support multiple faction radio messages, it's really a MP versus dogfight function, not a true mission skirmish vs AI simulator perse. So frankly it's not meant for that, even though it can be used in such a manner on a very basic level. The combat mission function uses the skirmish menu, but hooks into edited missions rather than the random generated environment, thus the additional campaign features.

Read the documentation.