Removing purple "smoke" from flare

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Removing purple "smoke" from flare

Safe-Keeper
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Safe-Keeper » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:17 pm

So I thought it'd be cool to have a transport in my campaign with an aft-firing concussion missile launcher, so I modded the flare launcher to have the missile opt and increased its range and damage. Problem is, it looks silly with that purple smoke trail. Is there a way to mod that out so it's just a regular concussion missile?

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm

Did you make a copy of the ConcussionMissile.opt in the FlightModels directory and rename it "Flare.opt"?
I've tried the same experiment and unfortunately the purple smoke is still present.
I've also changed the Weapon Type of the Flare using BinHexEdit (7/289) from 256 (countermeasure) to 512 (warhead), but this did not fix it.

Epsilon Eridani
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Epsilon Eridani » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Phoenix Leader wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm
I've also changed the Weapon Type of the Flare using BinHexEdit (7/289) from 256 (countermeasure) to 512 (warhead), but this did not fix it.
What about editing the following section (8/289) Weapons - Behaviour?

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:58 pm

That section works on how AI controlled crafts use their weapons against a target: 0 for energy weapons, which are used against every type of targets, 1 for warheads used against fighters (Missiles and Ion Pulses) and 2 for warheads used against capital ships, stations and heavy transports (Torpedoes, Heavy Rockets and Space Bombs).