DSUCP 2.6 - Combat Mode ceased to work properly

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

DSUCP 2.6 - Combat Mode ceased to work properly

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:15 pm

I use DSUCP 2.6 as an installation to mount mine version of TF and XvT missions, all imperial alligned.
I installed DSUCP 2.6 on a fresh XWA installation.
I removed the base XWA campaign (and the 8 players multiplayers mission), and mount my Mission.Lst and my TF mission.
All worked fine until i mount the last tie fighter mission (mission number #112 in my campaign).

When I mount the first XvT mission as #113 as the first mission of the Next battle (#22) all the game have problem to display correctly. The concourse reverted from Mon Calamari Cruiser to Family Transport (showing it in a corrupted graphical way, with not all the stuff showed).

I then mounted back #113 as the last mission of the previous battle (#21) game reverted to display properly, with one ecception: the Combat Missions.

It seems the game cannot register the results, showing the proper previous results, and the mission award badges. The game still work fine with the simulator runs of the Campaign and Skirmish (100% properly).

So, actually it is just a minor problem, a "cosmetic" one - but I presented it for you attention because I am quite curious.
I stand here if you need more info, if I am able to find them.

Another two pieces:
1) mounting new combat missions, old award badges display incorrectly on mission never flyed before by my test pilot.
2) new pilots cannot gain at all mission badge awards for Combat mission. Of any kind.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:36 pm

Just to confirm, you're talking about the ribbons next to the mission on the load screen correct?

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Exactly.

In attachment you can see how the game mismatch the overview of past missions. Notice as the first huge number cover the second in the row ot #of time the player flyed it.

EDIT
imho the missing award badges are a symptom of something gone wrong in the ability to registry the mission result into the records.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:52 pm

I'll see if I can have this fixed in the next update.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:27 pm

Count on me if you need some help with the testing Justagai, if it could help. By the way have you any idea of what is going on?

For reference... the Tour points are the same number even for the campaign mission, just checked. That make me wonder if there is a problem around the tour campaign

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:36 pm

another piece of the puzzle...
I deleted all the testing pilots, and make a new one. I have flown the first combat mission and received correctly the mission award badge. Then another one appeared down over the list of combat mission (in a void row).
I played the first mission of the campaign. Then I played in combat mode. I received the correct mission award badge BUT! in combat mission, a new badge identical badge appeared in a untested mission never flown by the pilot. And that mission has the same # in mission.lst.

I made some try, changing the ranging of combat mission numbers in mission.lst and then they simply ceased to receive a correct badge award (when put on a #170+). Still I get the single over the list badge.