Adding Spyders X-wing with MXvTED

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Adding Spyders X-wing with MXvTED

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:54 pm

thats cool, the only problem I having is installing spyder x-wing model
Last edited by Blazingfirestorm on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Download Spyder's X-Wing.
Unzip, place opts into XWingAlliance/Flightmodels (Make sure to pick the cockpit opt you want and place it in the folder along with the other two files and the Xwing.ini into the flightmodels directory.
Create a folder in your XWA root directory (this is not required but I prefer to do this to make loading .shp files easier in the future, and keep track of what is installed.) called ShipFiles. Paste the Xwing.shp file in there.
Should have XwingCockpit.opt, Xwing.opt, and XwingExterior.opt.
Download MXvTED 4.1.
When running click "file", then click "Select EXE", then go to the "filetype" tab at the bottom and choose "EXE, then find XwingAlliance.exe.
Restart MXvTED.
Go to Craft no 1 (default on launch).
"File" > "Open ship" find your .shp file in your ShipFiles directory > "Open", it will ask you if you want to either add ship at slot 1, click yes > hit "write" over on the right hand side under the craft slot number tab.

Done.

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:29 pm

thanks driftwood

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Driftwood I'm having problems using MXvTED when I try to load up the .shp files a message comes up "invalid floating point operation"